BIG reasons for concern

tmfr15

Michigan is hauling in a top five rated class..........

Michigan Texass is hauling in a top five two rated class for the last five years.

Michigan Boise St. is hauling in a top five forty rated class.

Lookup Coaches Top 25 Poll this year and previous year. Where's whorns?

Recruiting battles are overblown, bigtime.

Yeah, and what is Boise St's strength of schedule compared to that of Texas? I don't remember Boise St playing Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Texas A&M, Kansas St. I'm no Texas fan, but you are isolating one variable and then saying "recruiting battles are overblown". Maybe to some degree it is, but at the same time, would you want a bunch of Austin Cassidy's/Thorell's or Dennard's/Lavonte David's for your defense? I know which one I would pick...

VT, Oregon Ducks and Georgia all lost against BSU. The common opponent this year, BSU 57 - Fresno St 7......... Huskers 42 - Fresno 29.

Where are Nebraska's main recruiting locales?

Coach Osborne established a 500 mile radius around Lincoln, obviously any in-state prospect worthy of an offer with very strong emphasis on walk ons, Cali, AZ, TX. We really get our guys from all over. Anyone feel free to add or correct my assessment.

Coach Osborne established a 500 mile radius around Lincoln, obviously any in-state prospect worthy of an offer with very strong emphasis on walk ons, Cali, AZ, TX. We really get our guys from all over. Anyone feel free to add or correct my assessment.

Sounds like OSU doesn't recruit the same states. Cali,Texas and Arizona are hardly ever looked at by the Bucks. We usually stick with Ohio,Florida,PA and the DC/VA area.

I know those other guys like to recruit Cali(Tom Brady and Dhani Jones) and Texas apparently(why else would they play Alabama down there next year?)

Michigan and OSU have historically been the top 2 programs in the Big 10 since the Devaney era (maybe before-I don't know).

And the truth shall set you free!!!!!!! This is the obvious fact quote of the day. +1 to you sir!!!!!

WIll Husker fans be freaking out when Hoke loses Robinson and goes with his Pro Style offense that he favors, and the running QB is not so prevailent in Ann Arbor?

WIll Husker fans be freaking out when OSU continues to bring in Top Ten recruiting classes year after year and still have only one title to show for it in the last 30 years?

Guess what? These are the "big name" schools in this conference and have been. They will be in on top athletes every year. They have big athletic budgets, the facilities, and the coaching. They are exactly what many Husker fans view their program as, an alpha male. Competing against/with them is what NU should strive to succeed at. This is going to be like three brothers all trying to one up each other, and I can't wait to sit back and watch.

Sounds like OSU doesn't recruit the same states. Cali,Texas and Arizona are hardly ever looked at the Bucks. We usually stick with Ohio,Florida,PA and the DC/VA area.

I know those other guys like to recruit Cali(Tom Brady and Dhani Jones) and Texas apparently(why else would they play Alabama down there next year?)

NU probably recruits the west more than any other B1G school mainly out of necessity. We'll pluck a few guys out of the SE (ie Dennard, Abdullah, Tyler Moore) and one here or there from the east coast. So while our staff would like to establish inroads into Ohio, its not going to be the death of us if its squeezed off a bit, not saying it should be ignored to any of my board mates.

Meyer is a great coach, and Hoke looks to be on the right path, but that's no reason to think we're sunk. In fact, I am encouraged by it. Part of the reason I believe SEC teams do so well (besides a lot of good athletes, which is undeniable), is that they play such a rigorous and competitive schedule. If you have Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State as being above average to elite teams every year, that is some serious competition year in and year out. Our players might take a beating their first two years, but by the time they're older, they are battle-tested and that much better for it. You get better by continually playing good opponents. I think the strengthening of our conference will only help Nebraska in the long run.

Meyer is a great coach, and Hoke looks to be on the right path, but that's no reason to think we're sunk. In fact, I am encouraged by it. Part of the reason I believe SEC teams do so well (besides a lot of good athletes, which is undeniable), is that they play such a rigorous and competitive schedule. If you have Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State as being above average to elite teams every year, that is some serious competition year in and year out. Our players might take a beating their first two years, but by the time they're older, they are battle-tested and that much better for it. You get better by continually playing good opponents. I think the strengthening of our conference will only help Nebraska in the long run.

Excellent point.

the conference also might earn the respect of the voters and get a 1 loss champ into the title game eventually.