BIG reasons for concern

tmfr15

When looking at Alabama and LSU, I'm not sure how anyone with a straight face could say there is parity. It's been a long time since there has been this much disparity between one or two teams from the rest in any given year. Some might say you'd have to go back to 2001's Miami team. If not then, it would have to be 1995 Nebraska. Parity is just an illusion.

Michigan is hauling in a top five rated class..........

Michigan Texass is hauling in a top five two rated class for the last five years.

Michigan Boise St. is hauling in a top five forty rated class.

Lookup Coaches Top 25 Poll this year and previous year. Where's whorns?

Recruiting battles are overblown, bigtime.

Yeah, and what is Boise St's strength of schedule compared to that of Texas? I don't remember Boise St playing Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Texas A&M, Kansas St. I'm no Texas fan, but you are isolating one variable and then saying "recruiting battles are overblown". Maybe to some degree it is, but at the same time, would you want a bunch of Austin Cassidy's/Thorell's or Dennard's/Lavonte David's for your defense? I know which one I would pick...

They have a terrible SOS, and I constantly rail on BSU every year because of it. But you have to give them credit - when they have to play an important school, they win.

Recruiting is important but the OP is blowing everything way out of proportion. Coaching and recruiting go hand in hand. Who knows what kind of a coach Meyer will be - he was successful in the past, but his last year at Florida was less than stellar. Mention Snyder if you like, but don't forget they got absolutely walloped by the most complete team they've played this year.

Furthermore, Hoke seems to have Michigan going in the right direction, and props to them for their big win against us, but you're kidding yourself if you think Michigan is actually as good as that score suggested. We lost that game because of our own stupid mistakes and not because Michigan was great.

We'll be fine in this conference and we'll be a fierce competitor in the years to come.

Mich and OSU will be tough to beat in the next few years. There's is also a sleeping giant in Penn State who could turn that program around with a marquee hire. Also, don't laugh but Illinois was a very solid team in the 90s but have been very inconsistent since. They have potential if they get the right head coach. I see Indiana building up with Kevin Wilson and they got a 5-star QB coming in that turned down Alabama and Oklahoma.

It could be a dog-eat-dog B10 world.

Mich and OSU will be tough to beat in the next few years. There's is also a sleeping giant in Penn State who could turn that program around with a marquee hire. Also, don't laugh but Illinois was a very solid team in the 90s but have been very inconsistent since. They have potential if they get the right head coach. I see Indiana building up with Kevin Wilson and they got a 5-star QB coming in that turned down Alabama and Oklahoma.

No, they don't. Gunner Kiel decommitted some time ago.

That program will continue to be awful for awhile.

I just don't see Penn State getting a marquee hire. I don't think any coach wants that job right now. It will also be extremely difficult to recruit players into that mess of a program for an extended period of time.

Where are Nebraska's main recruiting locales?

650px-Map_of_USA_with_state_names_2.svg.png

Sir, I want to know how many Alaskan recruits you have gotten in the past 10 years.

Zach Bowman technically was from Alaska. BAZINGA!!!!!!!

How many Samoans do you have...? That is the true test...

Helu is Tongan! Close enough.

I live in New Zealand...how many of either do you want? I thought it was interesting that they do have an American football league down here, should go check out a game sometime.