BIG reasons for concern

tmfr15

Where are Nebraska's main recruiting locales?

650px-Map_of_USA_with_state_names_2.svg.png

Sir, I want to know how many Alaskan recruits you have gotten in the past 10 years.

Zach Bowman technically was from Alaska. BAZINGA!!!!!!!

How many Samoans do you have...? That is the true test...

Tony Tata and Toniu Fonoti, to name a couple.

Where are Nebraska's main recruiting locales?

Coach Osborne established a 500 mile radius around Lincoln, obviously any in-state prospect worthy of an offer with very strong emphasis on walk ons, Cali, AZ, TX. We really get our guys from all over. Anyone feel free to add or correct my assessment.

You are absolutely correct give or take a kid. I did a little math. When looking at our current roster, roughly about 50% of our kids come from Nebraska. About 15% come from Texas, 10% from the Southern schools like LA/FLA/BAMA with the rest coming from West/East Coasts/Former Big 12 schools (KS/MO/CO/etc.) 25%.

But truly, you are so correct. We get our kids from all over. Bo has been all over and has established some really nice contacts. Also, kids who have come to our school and played, go back home and talk up Nebraska. Brothers who have played will have their brothers come here, cousins. Parents like the atmosphere here. Let's face it, Nebraska is a pretty safe place to have a good college experience. Our university is tops and we get lots of tv time because ESPN, like them or not know that Nebraska fans travel well and they watch any and every game that they put on. :) Of course, I'm not in the least biased ;) I DO love being in the Big 10 though. It's like being at home. :)

Michigan and OSU have historically been the top 2 programs in the Big 10 since the Devaney era (maybe before-I don't know).

And the truth shall set you free!!!!!!! This is the obvious fact quote of the day. +1 to you sir!!!!!

WIll Husker fans be freaking out when Hoke loses Robinson and goes with his Pro Style offense that he favors, and the running QB is not so prevailent in Ann Arbor?

WIll Husker fans be freaking out when OSU continues to bring in Top Ten recruiting classes year after year and still have only one title to show for it in the last 30 years?

Guess what? These are the "big name" schools in this conference and have been. They will be in on top athletes every year. They have big athletic budgets, the facilities, and the coaching. They are exactly what many Husker fans view their program as, an alpha male. Competing against/with them is what NU should strive to succeed at. This is going to be like three brothers all trying to one up each other, and I can't wait to sit back and watch.

Here Here! ! :wasted

Just wait until Urban has a heart attack. You know it will happen.

Given what his health problems actually are a heart attack would be especially scary as he may not realize what is happening in a timely manner.

I hope he has a good experience at tOSU. I hope he stays healthy and delegates. The guy has a wife and family who needs him. Hopefully, he worked out a plan to take care of himself health-wise and family wise. Having him at tOSU will only make the B1G better-more competitive and more fun to beat :) GBR! ;)

I admit it's prolly just a freak out. And good to hear some reassuring talk in regard to our future. Sometimes I catch myself thinking, mostly after a bad loss or bad season, that it would really suck if, someday, people talked about the teams that we USED to have at NU.

Go Big Red

Let's go blast the 'Hogs in the Capitol One and score some awesome recruits to send us into the offseason on a rainbow.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but don't we WANT a great conference? Isn't it a good thing for Nebraska if Ohio State and Michigan are perennial top-ten teams again? Isn't it a good thing if Wiscy and Penn State are perennial powerhouses? How does that hurt us?

It makes our job harder? So what? Then it's harder. Work hard or go home. Nebraska football isn't about walking all over creampuffs. We're about greatness, and if we're suddenly scared that conference mates are good, we've forgotten what it means to be Nebraska.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but don't we WANT a great conference? Isn't it a good thing for Nebraska if Ohio State and Michigan are perennial top-ten teams again? Isn't it a good thing if Wiscy and Penn State are perennial powerhouses? How does that hurt us?

It makes our job harder? So what? Then it's harder. Work hard or go home. Nebraska football isn't about walking all over creampuffs. We're about greatness, and if we're suddenly scared that conference mates are good, we've forgotten what it means to be Nebraska.

Absolutely!! It's no fun to just go in and stomp opponents who can't give you a game. I LOVE these smashmouth, hardnosed games we've played this past year. That's the kind of football we are used to see here. Time to bring it back and there's no doubt in my mind that we can do it with Bo. GO BIG RED!