WE WANT STOOPS!!!

That rules out every single coach out there. They all have aspirations of being a head coach somewhere.

Actually I think this is a common misconception. A coordinator position at a top tier program is better than the HC at lower programs in many aspects.

There was this this silly graphic they always used to put up on TV before Nebraska games back in the 90's. It displayed a bunch of coaches with a bunch of years coaching at Nebraska.

It was unique, and it was a lot of people used to explain how Nebraska could just reload each year. It can be that way again.

We tried that with Carl. Im sorry I dont want someone to come here just to bow down to Bo, not speak up, or have any say in the gameplan and worst of all getting paid more than the other assistant coaches.

If this program wants to take the next step, it needs to go after a big fish and if that guys leaves withing 5 years, so be it.

Uh... how do you label Carl the guy who doesn't have HC aspirations ? Isn't the speculation that he's taking a HC position why we are talking about this. That kinda rules him out. So sorry.

Also, I know Bo is technically the HC, but guess what... we are going to run HIS defense no matter who he hires. We already have a big fish - Mark 'Bo' Pelini

Next DC will be a promotion from within, someone who knows and buys into Bo's system whom he can groom...and not have to retrain.

Pretty easy hire probably. Papuchis anyone?

Here are the top D-coordinators according to Rivals:

1. John Chavis LSU

2. Kirby Smart Bama

3. Bud Foster VaTech

4. Ellis Johnson South Carolina

5. Pat Narduzzi Mich St

6. Greg Mattison Michigan

7. Todd Grantham Georgia

8. Manny Diaz Texas

9. Chris Ash Wisconsin

10. Mark Stoops Florida State

11. Jim Heacock Ohio State

12. Carl Pelini Nebraska

13. Brent Venables Oklahoma

14. Derek Mason Stanford

15. Monte Kiffin USC

16. Vic Koenning Illinois

17. Bob Shoop Vandy

18. Kalani Sitake Utah

19. Norm Parker Iowa

20. Nick Aliotti Oregon

http://collegefootba...om/viewCFSE.asp

Anyone else wonder why Bud Foster never gets a look....................??...................must be his suave demeanor.........................

1. John Chavis LSU

2. Kirby Smart Bama

3. Bud Foster VaTech

5. Pat Narduzzi Mich St

7. Todd Grantham Georgia

8. Manny Diaz Texas

9. Chris Ash Wisconsin

12. Carl Pelini Nebraska

14. Derek Mason Stanford

15. Monte Kiffin USC

17. Bob Shoop Vandy

18. Kalani Sitake Utah

19. Norm Parker Iowa

20. Nick Aliotti Oregon

Anyone else wonder why Bud Foster never gets a look....................??...................must be his suave demeanor.........................

He gets looks all the time. He's committed to VaTech, though.

1. John Chavis LSU

2. Kirby Smart Bama

3. Bud Foster VaTech

5. Pat Narduzzi Mich St

7. Todd Grantham Georgia

8. Manny Diaz Texas

9. Chris Ash Wisconsin

12. Carl Pelini Nebraska

14. Derek Mason Stanford

15. Monte Kiffin USC

17. Bob Shoop Vandy

18. Kalani Sitake Utah

19. Norm Parker Iowa

20. Nick Aliotti Oregon

He gets looks all the time. He's committed to VaTech, though.

No way I can dispute you on this because I don't have any facts but I swear I've heard announcers commenting on how often he is left out of the finalists when applying for HC positions in the past.............

And most likely all make more than we want to pay for a DC. I have heard that Kirby smart makes well over a million and he is headed to be a head coach somewhere, he would never step down to Nebraska. I doubt any of them would come here. All knowing that Bo is a Defensive guy with his own ideas, a history of being somewhat out of control. Egos would collied is my guess.

We will promote from inside, pay the least we can and move forward.

And most likely all make more than we want to pay for a DC. I have heard that Kirby smart makes well over a million and he is headed to be a head coach somewhere, he would never step down to Nebraska. I doubt any of them would come here. All knowing that Bo is a Defensive guy with his own ideas, a history of being somewhat out of control. Egos would collied is my guess.

We will promote from inside, pay the least we can and move forward.

Sadly this is probably what will happen. We are always good for doing it on the cheap.

I heard this name mentioned today, and actually spent most of the day pondering it.

Randy Shannon

Still thinking

Wasnt he involved in the Miami scandel alittle bit with Nevan guy.

I dont like it.

You tell me, not so sure about that claim

http://collegefootba...-about-shapiro/

I might been thinking of the basketball coach. I thought I saw some pictures posted of Nevan with the football/basketball coaches at a club or something.