WE WANT STOOPS!!!

So, if we got stoops you dont think that would be a great 1 + 2 combo. We all know the Pelinis learned from the Stoops. Bo might know Defense but he doesnt know it all. It would help to have another guy on the sideline with the same type of presence. Know Stoops wouldn't be here for to long but it might be enough to get some other talent in here and help get is a run for the title in a couple years. Unless we get the d dialed down and another runningback like burkhead, next year might be our closest shot.

Apologies for not reading through all the old entries, but has anyone thrown the name Tim DeRuyter into the ring? I'd think Nebraska would love to have him.

A couple have. I, personally am still debating in my mind the name of Randy Shannon

Both good names, though the former seems to be more realistic.

DeRuyter had one of the nation's best defenses at Air Force IIRC, and that was working at a Service Academy.

Don't know why he never caught on at A&M--he was good out of the gate (read: last year), but faltered severely this year IIRC.

We all know that the Pelinis and the Stoops have a long history of friendship from Youngstown. We saw Bo and Mike have a long, friendly chat after the Nebraska-Arizona game. Does this relationship give us better odds that MS will be our next DC? But it isn't necessarily that black and white. Would Bo give him enough control of the defense to satisfy him, would he want to deal with Bo's temper, would the university be willing to pay him $500,000-plus? Bo would also have to consider that MS may be here for two to three years at best before he perhaps finds another HC job. So, on the surface, it seems to make sense to hire him. But is it really? Seems like a lot more complicated and a lot of hurdles.

Where am I going wrong with this?

Stoops obviously knows his stuff, but he won't be a DC for long. He'll get another HC job and then leave. Do we really want to bring him in for what could be just a year or maybe two?

Won't that happen with any candidate we bring in who's any good? If they suck they'll stick around for a long time, but if they're good they will be moving on and moving up. The years of all the assistancts staying on like we had under Osborne are gone. Nobody is going to stay an assistant on a staff for 20 years anymore.