WE WANT STOOPS!!!

Stoops would be my first choice. I'm not a fan of promoting Pap.

Agreed. I don't think Bo would want to deal with inexperienced playcalling on both sides of the field. The only knock on Stoops is he is another one of Bo's friends. I would really like to see him go out and interview some coordinators from other programs.

Agreed. I don't think Bo would want to deal with inexperienced playcalling on both sides of the field. The only knock on Stoops is he is another one of Bo's friends. I would really like to see him go out and interview some coordinators from other programs.

Stoops is proven and qualified, however. I think the 'Bo hiring his buddies' thing is only a problem when it's a problem. It's natural to want to work with someone you know and trust. The issue comes when you constantly gamble by putting underqualified people in positions of massive responsibility. The offensive (and defensive) shakeup last year was a symphony of timidity. Just once I'd like to see Bo go out and hit a homerun. Bring in a known, respected, successful, seasoned coordinator who will bring a spark and a new set of eyes to the program.

Pap may be a great coach. He may one day make a great coordinator. But I'm sorry, for most of his career at Nebraska, he coached D-ends. Not even the entire line. This season the line was soggy toast. Why is Nebraska all of the sudden a place where any teenage coordinator can learn his trade? If a guy's with the program a decade and successful, sure, promote him. IMO Pap ain't earned it yet. The opportunity is there for the taking to knock one out of the park. I hope Bo doesn't pussyfoot around on this one.

• Fire 1

Stoops is proven and qualified, however. I think the 'Bo hiring his buddies' thing is only a problem when it's a problem. It's natural to want to work with someone you know and trust. The issue comes when you constantly gamble by putting underqualified people in positions of massive responsibility. The offensive (and defensive) shakeup last year was a symphony of timidity. Just once I'd like to see Bo go out and hit a homerun. Bring in a known, respected, successful, seasoned coordinator who will bring a spark and a new set of eyes to the program.

Pap may be a great coach. He may one day make a great coordinator. But I'm sorry, for most of his career at Nebraska, he coached D-ends. Not even the entire line. This season the line was soggy toast. Why is Nebraska all of the sudden a place where any teenage coordinator can learn his trade? If a guy's with the program a decade and successful, sure, promote him. IMO Pap ain't earned it yet. The opportunity is there for the taking to knock one out of the park. I hope Bo doesn't pussyfoot around on this one.

Couldn't agree more. The B1G is now filled with very senior coaching staffs that Nebraska is going to not only compete with on the field but also on the recruiting trail. "On the job training" is not going to be acceptable for both the OC and DC positions. This is Bo's chance to step up his game as a head coach.

Friend or not, Stoops fits this and would be a great addition to the staff.

Stoops will come to Nebraska if asked:

http://www.washingto...nYZO_story.html

BO!! OFFER HIM THE JOB!!!!!

This is a perfect example of how rumors get started. You've slightly distorted what the information actually is. The next person hears what they want to hear and distorts it even further. And so on and so forth.

Or the next person clicks on the link and reads the article for themself. Nah! You're right. Although, Bo will have to eventually ask him if he wants the job after he offers it to him so in the end......but I fixed it for ya!