WE WANT STOOPS!!!

Whoever we get, I hope they influence Bo to alter his scheme so that the D-linemen actually are put in a position to penetrate and make plays in the backfield rather than just contain. DRIVES ME CRAZY!

f'ing' A RIGHT MAN! We do that sh#t every down. We don't bullrush, speed rush, our DE's don't get a chance to make plays, and our DT's aren't allowed to rush upfield because we might open up a lane! Uh-oh, we might make the QB make plays to beat us instead of giving him all day to find an open man. Asking our secondary to stay in solid coverage for 20 seconds every play is a joke. We don't even let the line go on 3rd downs! It has been and will be the downfall of this defense as long as we continue this kind of play on the defensive line. I am glad that someone else sees it too.

I'm glad you agree. I was just talking about this with my old man last weekend, and I think it is the one thing in Pelini's scheme that needs to be changed up big time.

Wow looks like we have our new co-DC...imagine that right on huskerboard. Maybe they forced Carl out to make way for you

Whoever we get, I hope they influence Bo to alter his scheme so that the D-linemen actually are put in a position to penetrate and make plays in the backfield rather than just contain. DRIVES ME CRAZY!

f'ing' A RIGHT MAN! We do that sh#t every down. We don't bullrush, speed rush, our DE's don't get a chance to make plays, and our DT's aren't allowed to rush upfield because we might open up a lane! Uh-oh, we might make the QB make plays to beat us instead of giving him all day to find an open man. Asking our secondary to stay in solid coverage for 20 seconds every play is a joke. We don't even let the line go on 3rd downs! It has been and will be the downfall of this defense as long as we continue this kind of play on the defensive line. I am glad that someone else sees it too.

I'm glad you agree. I was just talking about this with my old man last weekend, and I think it is the one thing in Pelini's scheme that needs to be changed up big time.

Wow looks like we have our new co-DC...imagine that right on huskerboard. Maybe they forced Carl out to make way for you

Oh my lord, don't act like that. If you disagree then make a point and argue it instead of making high schooler comments like that

I would not be surprised if Stoops is holding out to make a decision to see if Norm Parker from Iowa steps down after this season. I doubt Ferentz would offer him because his defense is too sexy for Iowa, but if by some miracle Kirk does want him on Stoops would sign in a heartbeat. He is a Hawkeye through and through.

Stoops is a Hawkeye?...

Yep their whole family are huge Hawkeyes and both of the Stoops brothers played here. Back in 1999 when Hayden Fry stepped down here Bob was primed and ready to fill the coaching spot, but our AD at the time had to get too full of himself and wouldn't bring him on right away while he was available. So Bob did what anyone else would do and basically said "Screw you, I'll take my ball and go to Oklahoma." Iowa settled for Kirk Ferentz and the rest is history.

Stoops is a Hawkeye?...

Yep their whole family are huge Hawkeyes and both of the Stoops brothers played here. Back in 1999 when Hayden Fry stepped down here Bob was primed and ready to fill the coaching spot, but our AD at the time had to get too full of himself and wouldn't bring him on right away while he was available. So Bob did what anyone else would do and basically said "Screw you, I'll take my ball and go to Oklahoma." Iowa settled for Kirk Ferentz and the rest is history.

Well that worked out well...

Stoops is a Hawkeye?...

Well that worked out well...

Yep now Stoops is winning consistently at OU while Iowa is paying a fat cat coach $4 million a year to be 7-5 and play not to lose in every game.

Apologies for not reading through all the old entries, but has anyone thrown the name Tim DeRuyter into the ring? I'd think Nebraska would love to have him.

Doesn't Tim DeRuyter run a 3-4? Good coach, I don't know if he would fit.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Stoops went back to Oklahoma. Didn't even think about that until I talked to a couple Sooner fans who were pretty confident that it was going to happen.

I wonder if there will actually be OU fans not named Skip Bayless calling for Bob Stoops after the way this season for them has gone....

all my friends are already calling for his head. They were actually calling for it before half time last night. Especially after he just shipped in a 1 million dollar roof for his house and lasts night show was nothing spectacular (yes, my friends brought up the roof many times last night).