WE WANT STOOPS!!!

It's down to going to tOSU or back to OU.

Where did ya hear that!?

Dont you think its odd that Stoops hasnt accepted the tOSU job yet.

Show me the money baby!! He's probably waiting for FAU to officially get Carl and then Nebraska will be freed up to offer him $. Will it be more then OSU? I dunno, but he is totally in the drivers seat

As time passes and he hasn't committed to OSU, you have to think that our chances are getting better. I would like to think that we will probably hear something next week after Carl is announced on Monday.

A few other names to throw into the WAG for AD mix: Ron Vanderlinden of Penn State. Tim DeRuyter of aTm. Jim Heacock of Ohio State. Vic Koenning from Illinois.

Heacock wanted to retire a couple of years ago but stayed out of loyalty to Jim Tressel. I'm pretty sure his next gig will be cheering from the stands.

TO is too cheap to outbid tOSU.

I have to think that if we want to be competitive we need to be able to pay the same that others in our conference do so open up the purse strings already. We want to win but we don't want to pay I don't understand this mentality. We need outside blood I don't want to promote from within.

TO is too cheap to outbid tOSU.

I have to think that if we want to be competitive we need to be able to pay the same that others in our conference do so open up the purse strings already. We want to win but we don't want to pay I don't understand this mentality. We need outside blood I don't want to promote from within.

I'm on the fence. I really like the idea of Stoops but I can see using what we already have. Can you share why you don't want to promote from within?

Can you share why you don't want to promote from within?

In my opinion, we have some good guys that could be promoted in a few years. Get someone in here like Stoops and like everyone else says he would be gone in 2-3 years. Gives guys like JP the time to grow into a DC position. But right now, if we want to be a dominate team we need a good DC not someone who will be learning on the job like Beck did this year (even though I do think Beck did alright, but someone like Leach would have done better) We need proven talent to take us to the next level.

Whoever we get, I hope they influence Bo to alter his scheme so that the D-linemen actually are put in a position to penetrate and make plays in the backfield rather than just contain. DRIVES ME CRAZY!

f'ing' A RIGHT MAN! We do that sh#t every down. We don't bullrush, speed rush, our DE's don't get a chance to make plays, and our DT's aren't allowed to rush upfield because we might open up a lane! Uh-oh, we might make the QB make plays to beat us instead of giving him all day to find an open man. Asking our secondary to stay in solid coverage for 20 seconds every play is a joke. We don't even let the line go on 3rd downs! It has been and will be the downfall of this defense as long as we continue this kind of play on the defensive line. I am glad that someone else sees it too.

Apologies for not reading through all the old entries, but has anyone thrown the name Tim DeRuyter into the ring? I'd think Nebraska would love to have him.

A couple have. I, personally am still debating in my mind the name of Randy Shannon

Interesting. That would be good for NU with FLA recruiting. I kinda feel like Shannon has been holding out for a head coaching gig though. Whether or not he gets one is starting not to look so good.

Whoever we get, I hope they influence Bo to alter his scheme so that the D-linemen actually are put in a position to penetrate and make plays in the backfield rather than just contain. DRIVES ME CRAZY!

f'ing' A RIGHT MAN! We do that sh#t every down. We don't bullrush, speed rush, our DE's don't get a chance to make plays, and our DT's aren't allowed to rush upfield because we might open up a lane! Uh-oh, we might make the QB make plays to beat us instead of giving him all day to find an open man. Asking our secondary to stay in solid coverage for 20 seconds every play is a joke. We don't even let the line go on 3rd downs! It has been and will be the downfall of this defense as long as we continue this kind of play on the defensive line. I am glad that someone else sees it too.

I'm glad you agree. I was just talking about this with my old man last weekend, and I think it is the one thing in Pelini's scheme that needs to be changed up big time.