WE WANT STOOPS!!!

Stoops will come to Nebraska if asked:

http://www.washingto...nYZO_story.html

BO!! OFFER HIM THE JOB!!!!!

This is a perfect example of how rumors get started. You've slightly distorted what the information actually is. The next person hears what they want to hear and distorts it even further. And so on and so forth.

Or the next person clicks on the link and reads the article for themself. Nah! You're right. Although, Bo will have to eventually ask him if he wants the job after he offers it to him so in the end......but I fixed it for ya!

I meant there's a difference between taking a job and considering a job. You made it seem as if he'd take the job if asked (or offered). When in reality all he's said is he would consider it. Of course he'll consider it, in the same way he'd consider Ohio State or Oklahoma or whatever. He'd likely consider any job he was offered to some degree.

I just meant to point out this is why rumors are wildy unreliable (not trying to pick on you or call you out, I know you weren't trying to start rumors or anything). Quite often, people subconsciously distort information before passing it on to others. Enough people pass it along and the next thing you know Bo Pelini is getting kicked out of youth softball games and Taylor Martinez is walking around with a broken elbow.

Right now there are head coaching vacancies at:

Akron

Arizona State

Colorado State

Fresno State

Hawaii

Massachusetts

Penn State (Tom Bradley is the interim coach)

Southern Miss

Texas A&M (Tim DeRuyter is the interim coach)

Toledo (Matt Campbell is the interim coach)

UCLA (Mike Johnson is the interim coach)

I would imagine Stoops and Zook are both doing their due diligence in checking out these vacancies, all of which will pay more than an assistant coach at Nebraska (with the possible exception of Akron).

BO!! OFFER HIM THE JOB!!!!!

This is a perfect example of how rumors get started. You've slightly distorted what the information actually is. The next person hears what they want to hear and distorts it even further. And so on and so forth.

Or the next person clicks on the link and reads the article for themself. Nah! You're right. Although, Bo will have to eventually ask him if he wants the job after he offers it to him so in the end......but I fixed it for ya!

I meant there's a difference between taking a job and considering a job. You made it seem as if he'd take the job if asked (or offered). When in reality all he's said is he would consider it. Of course he'll consider it, in the same way he'd consider Ohio State or Oklahoma or whatever. He'd likely consider any job he was offered to some degree.

I just meant to point out this is why rumors are wildy unreliable (not trying to pick on you or call you out, I know you weren't trying to start rumors or anything). Quite often, people subconsciously distort information before passing it on to others. Enough people pass it along and the next thing you know Bo Pelini is getting kicked out of youth softball games and Taylor Martinez is walking around with a broken elbow.

Yes there is. I agree with you. I think that I am so excited about the possibility of having Mike Stoops come here that I not only read into the article but articulated my reading into the article! I'm usually more careful about these things. I like the facts. I appreciate it when people share their links. (except possibly bleacher report) It will be interesting to see if he comes here. I was listening to 1620 the Zone this afternoon and it sounded like half our team is going to FAU!! (Just kidding! Carl is the only person who has been accepted there. The conversation was that Joe Ganz may be going :( and that Marvin Sanders might be joining Carl too.) Lots of interesting things to talk about.

Thanks for being so gracious. I appreciate that :)

BO!! ASK HIM!!!

Hey Dude :) I found the blurb that said Mike Stoops would come if Bo asked him. I knew I read that somewhere but couldn't remember just where:

"Mike Stoops, who was fired from his head coaching job at Arizona earlier this year, has said he would consider the defensive coordinator job if Pelini asked him. Ex-Illinois coach Ron Zook is also rumored to be in the mix."

http://sports.omaha.com/2011/12/08/defensive-coordinator-search-could-end-soon/

Read this today:

Stoops-to-NU odds falling?

http://huskerextra.c...0c3353d220.html

"To be clear: I'm not sure Pelini was ever interested in Stoops in the first place."

I don't know who wrote this article but I thought this statement was interesting. I wonder how the author came to this conclusion?

I think the author of that short blurb is just saying he has no idea if Pelini was interested in Stoops because there was nothing out there to back up that he WAS interested in Stoops besides a bunch of factless rumors.

It is a disadvantage to not have c. Pelini recruiting for us. One would think we would make a hire soon who can start talking to kids. My guess is that the choice of pelini is either internal in which case we would be hearing about the promoted intern visiting recruits, or the chosen coach is still coaching for a team. Only other possibility is that they need multiple coaches because of additional departures and pelini is wanting to announce all of them at once and we are still finalizing who and how much pay and contracts etc. In that case some coaches possibly leaving for fau or other opportunities may still be employed with nu so technically there are no openings yet* so you can't announce who is coming in.

It is a disadvantage to not have c. Pelini recruiting for us. One would think we would make a hire soon who can start talking to kids. My guess is that the choice of pelini is either internal in which case we would be hearing about the promoted intern visiting recruits, or the chosen coach is still coaching for a team. Only other possibility is that they need multiple coaches because of additional departures and pelini is wanting to announce all of them at once and we are still finalizing who and how much pay and contracts etc. In that case some coaches possibly leaving for fau or other opportunities may still be employed with nu so technically there are no openings yet* so you can't announce who is coming in.

I think the latter part of your statement is probably what's going on.