FORGET STOOPS, WE WANT... ZOOK?!

What is TO's connection with Zook?

They're coaches?

Bo's connection to Zook is more interesting. Also saying don't bring back Gill is a little silly, he's a great coach and man, and it's been speculated that might be an option. He's definitely not in the Ekler or anywhere even close to the Sanders category of completely outside the realm of any possibility... ever.

Its interesting because how would Nebraska look in terms of greats. If we had Stoops, Zook, Gill, and a few others join up. It would be an assembly of some great former players and x head coaches. It would bring a spark that though might only last a few years might leap us into the spotlight and right back into a NC shot. Imagine the headlines and espn love from that.

Its interesting because how would Nebraska look in terms of greats. If we had Stoops, Zook, Gill, and a few others join up. It would be an assembly of some great former players and x head coaches. It would bring a spark that though might only last a few years might leap us into the spotlight and right back into a NC shot. Imagine the headlines and espn love from that.

Ahh, I don't see how "3" fired coaches, instills any kind of reason, that a kid would want to be coached up by them. We would leap back into the spot light alright, but not for the reasons you think. <_<

GBR!!!

Just because they failed at being a HC doesnt mean they dont have individual areas of expertise that helped get them to that position in the 1st place.

I could see maybe one of them being here, just not all three at once. I could see the punch lines on other sites, "Where fired head coaches go to........". I would like to see Turner Gill back, as much as anyone. Or Mike Stoops come in and be the d/c for a couple of years, just spread it out a little.

GBR!!!

Just because they failed at being a HC doesnt mean they dont have individual areas of expertise that helped get them to that position in the 1st place.

I agree with this. Our last coach is a good example. Callahan isn't a very good head coach but he is really good at coaching offensive lines. He would probably make a good Offensive coordinator I guess. But not a head coach.

I agree with this. Our last coach is a good example. Callahan isn't a very good head coach but he is really good at coaching offensive lines. He would probably make a good Offensive coordinator I guess. But not a head coach.

I wanted TO back in 2007 not to fire Calahan, but make Bo the "Executive" Head Coach, basical make Calahan the OC & Bo the Head Coach, but still fire Cosgrove. That guy wasn't worth the box we gave him to pack his stuff in.

dont bring back ekler, dont bring back Sanders... dont bring back turner gill... those guys are gone and long gone... go for the kill and get someone with a proven record

Can't agree with you on Marvin Sanders--the man is probably one of the best secondary coaches out there, bar none, and he isn't coaching anywhere else IIRC.

And I've heard Zook too, but only as a longshot. Would take decidedly more funds to bring him on board versus Stoops.

Does anyone here really think that Bo wants anybody on his staff that will challenge him? LMOA!!

Just to clarify, I believe it is 'LMAO', for 'Laughing My Ass Off'.

That is, unless the Lake Monticello Owners' Association or the Locomotive Maintenance Owners' Association has something to do with Bo's comments--were they sponsoring his presser, by chance?