DC Candidates?

If we promote from within it will be another step in Bo's dismissal. He micro manages way too much. He has to learn to delegate and let them sink or swim. He does not have time to be teaching a new DC and OC. This is a big time program, not Cardnil Mooney high school. We deserve qualified assitants who can do their job without someone else helping them to do so.

I want Bo to succeed but he seems to be doing everything to fail. He needs help, Stoops or Zook would be perfect for the job and would help on recruiting nationwide. Trust me we need it.

Trying to do everything is the first indicator that he is not managerial material. He needs to learn this now. Or he will not be here much longer I am afraid.

Watching 49ers/Steelers on MNF. Lots of shots of Jim Harbaugh calling offensive plays for the 49ers. Too bad Harbaugh hasn't learned yet that he can't micromanage everything and needs to hire some better assistants. I guess he's just not managerial material.

sarcasm?

I was wondering the same thing...I'd say Harbaugh is doing okay as coach.

If we promote from within it will be another step in Bo's dismissal. He micro manages way too much. He has to learn to delegate and let them sink or swim. He does not have time to be teaching a new DC and OC. This is a big time program, not Cardnil Mooney high school. We deserve qualified assitants who can do their job without someone else helping them to do so.

I want Bo to succeed but he seems to be doing everything to fail. He needs help, Stoops or Zook would be perfect for the job and would help on recruiting nationwide. Trust me we need it.

Trying to do everything is the first indicator that he is not managerial material. He needs to learn this now. Or he will not be here much longer I am afraid.

Watching 49ers/Steelers on MNF. Lots of shots of Jim Harbaugh calling offensive plays for the 49ers. Too bad Harbaugh hasn't learned yet that he can't micromanage everything and needs to hire some better assistants. I guess he's just not managerial material.

sarcasm?

I was wondering the same thing...I'd say Harbaugh is doing okay as coach.

Isn't that the point Mavrick is making? That Harbaugh--a micromanager like Bo--is doing just fine?

Comparing Jim Harbaugh to Bo Pelini....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :rollin

Now that's funny right there...I don't care who you are.

While we're comparing apples to oranges, I think Joe Gibbs also handled the offensive coordinator duties while he was head coach and he did just fine.

Comparing Jim Harbaugh to Bo Pelini....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :rollin

Now that's funny right there...I don't care who you are.

While we're comparing apples to oranges, I think Joe Gibbs also handled the offensive coordinator duties while he was head coach and he did just fine.

How is that an apples to oranges comparison?

Let me know when Bo has a 12-1 season, wins a BCS Bowl or leads the NFC West (let alone all 3) and then we'll talk.

How about being one of only six teams to win nine or more games in the last four years. In his first four years as a HC.

Here are the 6 BCS teams with at least 9 wins per year since 2008.

Nebraska

Alabama

Oregon

Virginia Tech

Oklahoma State

West Virginia

So that, in your mind, puts Bo on a level playing field with Harbaugh?

Surprised the NFL hasn't been knocking down Bo's door to get him to come be the head coach of one of the most storied programs in the league.

:rolleyes:

How about being one of only six teams to win nine or more games in the last four years. In his first four years as a HC.

Here are the 6 BCS teams with at least 9 wins per year since 2008.

Nebraska

Alabama

Oregon

Virginia Tech

Oklahoma State

West Virginia

Ahhh...consistently above average...comforting. I read this in a Herald article recently. Unfortunatley while we made this list - I'd say the other 3 teams (i don't count VT/WV as BCS teams) would beat us by 30, 80% of the time.

Our 9 wins can be attributed to the Big12 North, and a down year for the Big10. You'll also notice we're the only one on that list to not win a conference championship, and not make a BCS bowl.

according to husker corner mr. bob stoops from oklahoma has given bo permission to speak with Matty McMillen(Oklahoma Defensive Line Coach/Head of Oklahoma football operations)

http://huskercorner....spin/#more-1888

If you choose not to read the article it goes on to say that Bo believes that this could be a program changing hire,

only question is whether McMillen is being eyed by Bo for the DC or just to take over for if they promote JP,

you would have to think that with McMillen's time spent at Oklahoma it would take alot more than a lateral move

to lure him away from Oklahoma

Matty McMillen is not the Defensive Line Coach Jackie Shipp is.

Harbaugh in his first four years as a HC:

7-4

11-1

3-9

4-8

If you just want to count Stanford alone and ignore San Diego, his record was:

4-8

5-7

8-5

12-1

Overall at Stanford, 29-21, with one good season.

Although these are some of the most selective points I may have ever seen on a message board, again...let me know when Bo has his "one good season" and then maybe we can talk.

Harbaugh in his first four years as a HC:

7-4

11-1

3-9

4-8

If you just want to count Stanford alone and ignore San Diego, his record was:

4-8

5-7

8-5

12-1

Overall at Stanford, 29-21, with one good season.

Although these are some of the most selective points I may have ever seen on a message board, again...let me know when Bo has his "one good season" and then maybe we can talk.

We are talking. ;) This whole You Post/I Post is a conversation.

So because Pelini hasn't had ONE GOOD SEASON, he's not good enough. I love the armchair quarterback stuff from the internet. Nothing but wisdom, every day of the week.