DC Candidates?

It's not the stars behind the names. We spent thirty years under Osborne and Solich learning that. People who get all concerned about our stars and recruiting class rank are just looking for entertainment. You can have a lot of fun keeping track of this or that player, who signs where, all that stuff. Good harmless fun (for 99.9% of those who follow recruiting). Me, I don't care what number of stars a guy has from some recruiting service. It's all arbitrary, and has nothing to do with how they'll perform in college. We've all seen hundreds of examples of five stars that fizzled or two stars that became all-conference. It's about coaching and the kid's own will to work and grow.

I would agree with you to an extent, but there is a reason Bama, LSU, and Oregon are where they are.... They get the top kids.... They dont all pan out, but the more 5 star, and 4 star guys you get, the better you'll be....

I see what you are saying, but I would say over signing plays a larger part then the stars for Ala & LSU.

Guess this answers the question. Looks like John Papuchis will be the DC with Rick Kaczenski taking over on the line. At least that is my take from this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/iowa-defensive-line-coach-rick-kaczenski-leaves-program/2011/12/20/gIQAtPws7O_story.html

How'd did you come to that conclusion when it never mentions Nebraska in that article and says nothing about JP? Makes no sense at all.......

It's not the stars behind the names. We spent thirty years under Osborne and Solich learning that. People who get all concerned about our stars and recruiting class rank are just looking for entertainment. You can have a lot of fun keeping track of this or that player, who signs where, all that stuff. Good harmless fun (for 99.9% of those who follow recruiting). Me, I don't care what number of stars a guy has from some recruiting service. It's all arbitrary, and has nothing to do with how they'll perform in college. We've all seen hundreds of examples of five stars that fizzled or two stars that became all-conference. It's about coaching and the kid's own will to work and grow.

I would agree with you to an extent, but there is a reason Bama, LSU, and Oregon are where they are.... They get the top kids.... They dont all pan out, but the more 5 star, and 4 star guys you get, the better you'll be....

I see what you are saying, but I would say over signing plays a larger part then the stars for Ala & LSU.

I agree with that also. Thats why our walk on program is so important. Sure the guys aren't 5 stars but it gives us an opportunity to find one or two guys that can contribute and extra bodies for practice. Sounds like we may have as many as 20 again this year.

It will be interesting to see 2 things. Urban Meyer was just as bad at over signing as Bama, LSU etc. He cant do that in the B10. It won't allow him to miss on his guys like he did at Florida the last two years he was there. Also the SEC commish has pushed for limitations on over signing. He got some of that accomplished. I think he'll push it a bit farther to match the B10 in the next 3 years. He also wants to limit medical hardships and or have a review panel look at each case before they give the scholarship back to the school. That will prevent the Slick Nick from using his favorite work around.

Guess this answers the question. Looks like John Papuchis will be the DC with Rick Kaczenski taking over on the line. At least that is my take from this.

http://www.washingto...ws7O_story.html

How'd did you come to that conclusion when it never mentions Nebraska in that article and says nothing about JP? Makes no sense at all.......

Its called deductive reasoning. Iowa has stated they gave Bo permission to talk to Kaczenski. Papuch will have to give up some roll to take on the DC job. He is the DL & special teams coach & recruiting coordnator. If he gives up the DL job they will need to hire someone to fill it. Which brings us back to Kacenski, Iowa's now ex-DL coach that has been in contact with Bo.

Football scoop is about as bad as bleacher report so until the OWH or LJS come out and report this stuff right now it's only rumor. All I've seen "officially" is that he's left Iowa for "another coaching opportunity." Bo has never come out and said, "yeah we've talked with him" or "yes he's coming here." Call it whatever you want, but until the university releases it it's just another rumor. Can't wait for the meh hire that may be JP. That should have our opponents shaking in their boots.

Football scoop is about as bad as bleacher report so until the OWH or LJS come out and report this stuff right now it's only rumor. All I've seen "officially" is that he's left Iowa for "another coaching opportunity." Bo has never come out and said, "yeah we've talked with him" or "yes he's coming here." Call it whatever you want, but until the university releases it it's just another rumor. Can't wait for the meh hire that may be JP. That should have our opponents shaking in their boots.

Is it dark in the hole you keep your head in?

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

Sorry I couldn't resist, but i do agree Bleacher Report & Football Scoops are not good sources of info.

I would agree Bleacher Report is a bunch of crap but Football Scoops has been pretty spot on with what they put up since I have been following the past few years. I can't recall a time when they have put a hire or move on their website that didn't end up happening.

Does this source work better for you? http://huskerextra.com/litr/article_d5e6d200-31ee-5868-9b91-a3a13d8a6a62.html

Reporters from the OWH and LJS have been citing footballscoop for a week or so now. It looks to me like footballscoop is a pretty reputable source as far as coaching changes go.

• Fire 1

I think you're thinking of footballrumormill.com That place changes every 5 minutes as it only takes an email to get things on their. I know of people putting their names in as possible replacements for Peddy when he was fired and they reported it.

Of course we do have a few pranksters in the AD department. I know one person who reported that Steve Spurrier was leaving the Redskins to come to NU when we hired BC. He wanted to see if people would believe it. It took about 10 minutes to hit almost every internet board.

I think you're thinking of footballrumormill.com That place changes every 5 minutes as it only takes an email to get things on their. I know of people putting their names in as possible replacements for Peddy when he was fired and they reported it.

Of course we do have a few pranksters in the AD department. I know one person who reported that Steve Spurrier was leaving the Redskins to come to NU when we hired BC. He wanted to see if people would believe it. It took about 10 minutes to hit almost every internet board.

which is complete BS...and if discovered would likely land him in a courtroom. you can see the damage these things do to a coach/program each year. to do it to someone as a prank warrants a tight rubber band around your ball sack for a few months.