KU to Introduce Charlie Weis as Football Coach Friday

Cactusboy

weis makes sense to me, i mean the guy is uber popular and that is gonna help bring in better quality recruits. plus the guy is supposed to be an offensive guru ( i think he is overrated in that aspect) so i think if they give him sometime (which they obviously arent good at doing) he might have some success. i think ku fans should be excited

Not sure about KU fans,....but the local BBQ's will be excited

Who else were they gonna get? You think any up and coming coach wants to take a gamble with kansas. They fired a coach after 2 years. Legit or not that had to scare off some prospects. I'm kinda shocked Weis would take the job. Not that he's a great coach or anything but he's at Florida working under a DC turned HC. Maybe his ego really wouldn't let him be anything other than the head man...

Bobby Bowden, on Gators OC Charlie Weis taking the Kansas job: "You got to be kidding me. He’s going to be the head coach?"

LINK

I seriously love Bowden, for quotes alone the guy was great. He's like the college football foghorn leghorn. I'm actually surprised there isn't a dag-nab-bit or gol-dern in there.

Ah sah, ah say, boy, lemme learn ya how to throw that ball.

He did so well at Notre Dame, it would have to be a lot easier to succeed at Kansas right?

Who else could KU get? Take a gamble on an young and upcoming unknown? They could have gone after Leach I guess... Maybe Weiss has learned from past mistakes at ND and won't make them again...?

Leach, Leach, Leach. I can't imagine he wouldn't have wanted that job just got get the chance to play Tech every year. Could have jumped to Texas and got a lot of recruits since he knew the area so well, much better the Weiss ever will. I would have rather given Turner another year then hire Weiss. I will go ahead and call out that this won't end well. BAD HIRE.

that would be a bit hypocritical....to hire a guy that was fired for the same type of behavior KU fired what's his name...

He did so well at Notre Dame, it would have to be a lot easier to succeed at Kansas right?

Who else could KU get? Take a gamble on an young and upcoming unknown? They could have gone after Leach I guess... Maybe Weiss has learned from past mistakes at ND and won't make them again...?

Leach, Leach, Leach. I can't imagine he wouldn't have wanted that job just got get the chance to play Tech every year. Could have jumped to Texas and got a lot of recruits since he knew the area so well, much better the Weiss ever will. I would have rather given Turner another year then hire Weiss. I will go ahead and call out that this won't end well. BAD HIRE.

I talked to an Alum, who was my old Boss, and he said that they offered Leach the position but it was only if he dropped his lawsuits against Texas Tech and ESPN. FWIW.

:facepalm: 4th job in four years. Not exactly what I would call continuity or loyalty. Muschamp has to be rubbin his head right now.

You should see Weis's first DC Rick Minter, he's in a new job every year.Did you guys still need a DC?

I don't know what Kansas was thinking but I don't seem to here anyone accusing them of racism. :rolleyes: More important is the rumor that he didn't tell Muschamp, that is very disturbing.

I can't figure out whether Weis is a great coach, or a bum. When he was at ND they were just so so--flashes of greatness followed by periods of incompetency. Then Weis goes to KC as OC, and the Chiefs catch fire on offense. Practically unstoppable. Then he hires on as Florida's OC, and the Gators pretty much suck on offense. What gives? Is Weis a great coach or a bum?