No Twitter for Husker players?

Alot of places do this. If I remember corectly Oklahoma has had this rule for awhile.

Was Travis Lewis tweeting that trash talk this year, or did he actually say it, the old fashioned, out loud way?

I forgot about that douche. You are right it's not OU, I reread the article and they mentioned KU, South Carolina and Boise State as some of the schools doing it. I remember Leach did it his last year as well.

Sounds like this is just something until the bowl game for now.

do any of the other big programs do it? I am an old fuddy duddy I guess, but it seems to infringe on one our freedoms. could be wrong, but could be portrayed that way by other coaching staffs. With Bo's media face and stopping communication he would easily be protrayed as a total hard as by other staffs.

Unfortunately my wife feels that way. She wants him gone, the sooner the better. Not going to the bowl game because of her total dislike for Bo.

Could be considered by incoming recruit as to harsh. I don't know. I have never used it, nor do I plan to. But we are not the hot spot of recruiting and are close to losing some recruits I hear. Doing anything negative to the mind set of a possible recruit does not make sense to me.

I guess we will know down the road in a couple of months what has affects on recruiting. Something better turn around it seems to me.

Just this past year Turner Gill, Chris Petersen from Boise St. and Steve Spurrier from...um.... some team out east, banned Twitter. That took about ten seconds to google. A bunch of basketball coaches ban their players from Twitter too. It's not rare. It's not censorship.

do any of the other big programs do it? I am an old fuddy duddy I guess, but it seems to infringe on one our freedoms. could be wrong, but could be portrayed that way by other coaching staffs. With Bo's media face and stopping communication he would easily be protrayed as a total hard as by other staffs.

Unfortunately my wife feels that way. She wants him gone, the sooner the better. Not going to the bowl game because of her total dislike for Bo.

Could be considered by incoming recruit as to harsh. I don't know. I have never used it, nor do I plan to. But we are not the hot spot of recruiting and are close to losing some recruits I hear. Doing anything negative to the mind set of a possible recruit does not make sense to me.

I guess we will know down the road in a couple of months what has affects on recruiting. Something better turn around it seems to me.

Boycotting a coach who has won at least nine games every season pretty much points out the biggest problem of the Nebraska fanbase.

• Fire 1

Wait, now banning twitter during bowl game prep, after laying a HUGE egg last year, is a bad recruiting move?

Perspective, people. If recruits care more about Twitter than playing football, there's another program down the road. Good luck there, my friend.

AGREED. Take facebook right along with it. Unbelievable what those two things there are doing to kids and society. Our school is considering hiring another counselor just to deal with facebook issues, no joke. 8-10 kids in counselors office yesterday all over crap on facebook.

Dont like it!! I know all you blue hairs are alright with it. But think about how a recruit feels about it. Do you really want all the talented kids going somewhere else?

Wait, now banning twitter during bowl game prep, after laying a HUGE egg last year, is a bad recruiting move?

Perspective, people. If recruits care more about Twitter than playing football, there's another program down the road. Good luck there, my friend.

I hope people with the damn kids and their social media! opinion understand that forums too are a type of social media. You post mostly thoughts and opinions, thinking that someone else out there will find your words interesting. The facebook and twitter every two seconds business is a phase many people, particularly young people will go through before one day they have an epiphany and realize that's it's not really that important, and perhaps move on to the real serious business of forums.

I was looking at as more of a hard ass thing. Kids and this stuff is pretty amazing. You see 9-10 year olds texting, tweeting. Part of their life. I have never understood the texting, you pay for a mobile phone with unlimited minutes then type on a screen the size of a match box and it seems to go on endlessly. Maybe Morse code will come back who knows.

Polo, people have every right to make choices other than yours. My wife just literally hates Bo. She feels he has no place in college football. That he is a huge embarassment to the program and the reason recruiting is not going as well as hoped. His TV antics are her main complaint. She is a very intelligent woman, highly educated, and normally very forgiving. Not with Bo. It is not going to change. Rather than put up with the continual bitching we are not going. Headed to the Holiday Bowl, AGAIN!!! and to the Rose Bowl to cheer "On Wisconsin."

Don't know if this factors into it, but a friend of a friend that works with Facebook devs said they have a feature/application that lets compliance offices easily monitor FB pages for potential problem posts (and delete them) and that no such creature exists for Twitter yet.

Not sure if legit, but if it is, it could be why there's Facebook still, but no Twitter. Just sayin'.

Oh, and banning a social media site isn't an infringement on their rights. They totally have the right to post on it, just not if they want to play on the selective, private team. Goddamn

This is totally correct, and the message was made 1000x better by imagining your Ron Swanson avatar saying it. Well done, Sir.