No Twitter for Husker players?

I do not think it will be well recieved nor do I think it is the thing to do during the most crucial recruiting time. Bo is in the mold of Woody Hayes, Bo Schembeckler, Bear Bryant. Not going to fly with todays kids. We seem to be losing recruits right and left or at least the opportunity to. Honey catches more bees.

This continous secracy thing with Bo is far overboard it seems to me. Make the hire, and get on with it. We have enough negativity going around right now.

I agree with you on some other aspects of Bo, but this Twitter stuff, I'm in his corner. Don't need any players tweeting innocent things like "I miss Texas" because it's warm in the winter, then having everyone freak out. Or players getting into it with fans who are heckling them to get them riled up, calling them names, etc. There are so many ways twitter will just make people look bad. Twitter is great for college kids...if you're not under the microscope like that. Unfortunately, they are.

This doesn't bother me at all. Personally I think twitter is a total waste. If you have friends you need to say something to, text or call them. If you don't have anything worth sharing with a specific friend, what makes you think anyone else cares? And if you're following the twitters of people you don't really know, you probably need to get a life. Seems to me it is just a tool for the friendless or overly egotistical. Maybe I just don't get it but I have no compulsion to know what other people are thinking 247.

At least one Husker player is for it:

"I don't know the rule on that right now," redshirt freshman defensive tackle Chase Rome said.

If there is a Twitter ban, Rome wouldn't mind. He has deleted his Twitter account anyway, he said.

"I'm just tired of it," Rome said. "Nothing good comes from it. It's too accessible. People hang on the words you say. Sometimes you forget it's a 19-, 20-, 21-, 22-year-old kid."

http://huskerextra.c...25edfbe343.html

Does anyone think it might just be a ban during the time up to the bowl game? Also, it's just a ban on twitter-right? Not Facebook?

do any of the other big programs do it? I am an old fuddy duddy I guess, but it seems to infringe on one our freedoms. could be wrong, but could be portrayed that way by other coaching staffs. With Bo's media face and stopping communication he would easily be protrayed as a total hard as by other staffs.

Unfortunately my wife feels that way. She wants him gone, the sooner the better. Not going to the bowl game because of her total dislike for Bo.

Could be considered by incoming recruit as to harsh. I don't know. I have never used it, nor do I plan to. But we are not the hot spot of recruiting and are close to losing some recruits I hear. Doing anything negative to the mind set of a possible recruit does not make sense to me.

I guess we will know down the road in a couple of months what has affects on recruiting. Something better turn around it seems to me.

Wait, now banning twitter during bowl game prep, after laying a HUGE egg last year, is a bad recruiting move?

Perspective, people. If recruits care more about Twitter than playing football, there's another program down the road. Good luck there, my friend.

If a kid is turned off to our program because he can't tweet during the bowl game preparation, then I'll think we'd be ok with out him.

• Fire 1

Alot of places do this. If I remember corectly Oklahoma has had this rule for awhile.

do any of the other big programs do it? I am an old fuddy duddy I guess, but it seems to infringe on one our freedoms. could be wrong, but could be portrayed that way by other coaching staffs. With Bo's media face and stopping communication he would easily be protrayed as a total hard as by other staffs.

Unfortunately my wife feels that way. She wants him gone, the sooner the better. Not going to the bowl game because of her total dislike for Bo.

Could be considered by incoming recruit as to harsh. I don't know. I have never used it, nor do I plan to. But we are not the hot spot of recruiting and are close to losing some recruits I hear. Doing anything negative to the mind set of a possible recruit does not make sense to me.

I guess we will know down the road in a couple of months what has affects on recruiting. Something better turn around it seems to me.