Aaron Green rumors

corncraze

Based off the response from Aaron it looks like he has no plans of transfering, I haven't heard anything and it wouldn't make sense to me. Aaron will be starting most likely after Rex leaves. He is in a good situation at NU, can't see him going somewhere else and having better success.

It's probably because Aaron tweeted something once about 'missing Texas right now' (paraphrase). The idea was that Nebraska, it was cold. Texas, in the winter, wasn't. As a transplant from a very cold state, now in a very warm (well - I'd say that's arguable at this moment, shiverrr) state, I say this kind of thing all the time, but in reverse. "Yeah, I sure don't wish I was back home right now, getting snowed in and wearing parkas."

But I think that's where some of the freaking out came from.

Based off the response from Aaron it looks like he has no plans of transfering, I haven't heard anything and it wouldn't make sense to me. Aaron will be starting most likely after Rex leaves. He is in a good situation at NU, can't see him going somewhere else and having better success.

Interesting that you think Aaron will be the starter after Rex. Seems like Ameer was the first sub in most games this year, was he not ??

AA may be moving to defense. There's a lot of movement that could be happening this off season, and the Spring Game could surprise a lot of people.

As far as transfers, it's just more freaking out. Fans tend to do that when there's no games. I'm sure some player(s) will leave the team for various reasons, but "Team TNT" should remain intact.

You've heard that Green and/or Heard are candidates for defense? They aren't and I'm not sure where that came from. We do need some RBs behind Rex. :D

The coaches have already talked with Abdullah about moving to DB. No decision has been made and he'll likely work out in a few areas during bowl prep and Spring ball.

EDIT - the conversation with AA was in the paper, BTW. I could dig it up if you want, and if google is on its A game.

You know, I can't remember now who (plural?) it was, or where I got this idea. It just seems like almost everybody is moving to corner, maybe I'm confused! I just didn't expect Ameer, he finished the year as the #2 back, or something like that. He got quite a bit of experience there. No need to dig it up, I believe you.

Interesting that you think Aaron will be the starter after Rex. Seems like Ameer was the first sub in most games this year, was he not ??

"starter" when discussing our backs in 2013 will likely be pointless. Helu was our starter last year, but look how many carries Rex got. When we're running the ball 40+ times a game like we are, there are plenty of carries for each back.

You've heard that Green and/or Heard are candidates for defense? They aren't and I'm not sure where that came from. We do need some RBs behind Rex. :D

The coaches have already talked with Abdullah about moving to DB. No decision has been made and he'll likely work out in a few areas during bowl prep and Spring ball.

EDIT - the conversation with AA was in the paper, BTW. I could dig it up if you want, and if google is on its A game.

I hadn't seen that in the paper before. I know I talked about it after the bye week.

Honestly, by the time all 3 are upper classmen, I believe that Green will probably be the best of the bunch. Especially if he strengthens up and learns to run between the tackles better, he could remind me of LMJ.

I could be wrong, but Aaron works his a$$ off, and for him, its just a matter of time until it clicks.

Hmm....I had no idea they were possibly planning on moving Ameer to defense....I don't see that a bad idea, but I think the kid can be a GREAT IB at NU.....eh...whatever works. I support the coaches and the players decisions 100 percent. Ameer is the largest of the freshman 3.....I figured he would be able to get a ton more playing time next season at IB. So far...Ameer shows the most promise, BUT A. Green isn't looking too shabby. I think A. Green needs to definitely gain some weight though lol. Also, I've been hearing Corey Cooper will be moving to LB. I hope we utilize Cooper, the dude has some size and speed!!! Also, I keep forgetting Mike Marrow will be playing for us next year! A HUGE big body FB/IB that I guarantee will be utilized in the running attack next season.