Aaron Green rumors

corncraze

Excellent! I was hoping Cooper would be moved to WLB. I don't mind the idea of AA moving to CB. I think he could be successful at either spot. I think SJB didn't look to bad at all at corner in his short time there, but I wonder if he would even be better at free safety. Would like to make Blatchford a WLB as well. Sad to hear rumors of Mitchell not being on the team. He was going to be the next great corner when he got his strength and weight built up. Too bad... Would like to see Pirman at TE.

Aaron just needs to keep getting stronger and put on some size and he will see a lot of time. Keep those legs moving.

Excellent! I was hoping Cooper would be moved to WLB. I don't mind the idea of AA moving to CB. I think he could be successful at either spot. I think SJB didn't look to bad at all at corner in his short time there, but I wonder if he would even be better at free safety. Would like to make Blatchford a WLB as well. Sad to hear rumors of Mitchell not being on the team. He was going to be the next great corner when he got his strength and weight built up. Too bad... Would like to see Pirman at TE.

Aaron just needs to keep getting stronger and put on some size and he will see a lot of time. Keep those legs moving.

Ala Roy Williams. SJB would be a load back there bringing the wood. I would think if the staff felt he would be good enough in coverage as a CB, I would think he would be able to cover as a safety.

With the loss of Cassidy, we will really need someone to step up.

You've heard that Green and/or Heard are candidates for defense? They aren't and I'm not sure where that came from. We do need some RBs behind Rex. :D

The coaches have already talked with Abdullah about moving to DB. No decision has been made and he'll likely work out in a few areas during bowl prep and Spring ball.

i was thinking AA was too short to play DB at this level?

EDIT - the conversation with AA was in the paper, BTW. I could dig it up if you want, and if google is on its A game.

I hope Ameer will still be taking punts and kickoffs! The young man has talent!

i was thinking AA is too short to play DB at this level?

eh...I think he is about the same height as Fonzie....not sure though

You've heard that Green and/or Heard are candidates for defense? They aren't and I'm not sure where that came from. We do need some RBs behind Rex. :D

The coaches have already talked with Abdullah about moving to DB. No decision has been made and he'll likely work out in a few areas during bowl prep and Spring ball.

EDIT - the conversation with AA was in the paper, BTW. I could dig it up if you want, and if google is on its A game.

If Ameer Abdullah moves to DB it will be an absolutely stupid move. How many of these position changes have worked out over Bo's tenure? I can think of quite a few position changes off the top of my head. All of them ended up being a complete waste of each players talent. Abdullah will be a great back if given the chance.

You are forgetting Cody Glenn ; P. I honestly like Ameer where he is at....but it is what it is if it happens...

Hmm....I had no idea they were possibly planning on moving Ameer to defense....I don't see that a bad idea, but I think the kid can be a GREAT IB at NU.....eh...whatever works. I support the coaches and the players decisions 100 percent. Ameer is the largest of the freshman 3.....I figured he would be able to get a ton more playing time next season at IB. So far...Ameer shows the most promise, BUT A. Green isn't looking too shabby. I think A. Green needs to definitely gain some weight though lol. Also, I've been hearing Corey Cooper will be moving to LB. I hope we utilize Cooper, the dude has some size and speed!!! Also, I keep forgetting Mike Marrow will be playing for us next year! A HUGE big body FB/IB that I guarantee will be utilized in the running attack next season.

the last time we really utilized a LB was when Oz was HC.

:blink:

typo.......FB.

Welp...I've been hearing Marrow is a weapon that they will be utilizing next year, esp. in the absence of Legate. Marrow is a big dude that can be utilized as a FB or IB. Take a look at the Double Wing formation out of Millard North Highschool in Omaha, Ne. The formation T.O. use to utilize I believe. We might be seeing more of this formation in the future....possibly the bowl game from what I have been hearing.

Ala Roy Williams. SJB would be a load back there bringing the wood. I would think if the staff felt he would be good enough in coverage as a CB, I would think he would be able to cover as a safety.

Not sure if serious.

If Ameer Abdullah moves to DB it will be an absolutely stupid move. How many of these position changes have worked out over Bo's tenure? I can think of quite a few position changes off the top of my head. All of them ended up being a complete waste of each players talent. Abdullah will be a great back if given the chance.

No doubt. Prince would have been a much better running back. Cody glenn didn't have much have an impact after his position change.

Heh. coffee5.gif

I don't think coverage is the issue, it's more about making calls and having good instincts that would need to be answered. If he can do that I think he would be better at safety than at CB due to his size.

You've heard that Green and/or Heard are candidates for defense? They aren't and I'm not sure where that came from. We do need some RBs behind Rex. :D The coaches have already talked with Abdullah about moving to DB. No decision has been made and he'll likely work out in a few areas during bowl prep and Spring ball. i was thinking AA was too short to play DB at this level? EDIT - the conversation with AA was in the paper, BTW. I could dig it up if you want, and if google is on its A game.
No doubt. Prince would have been a much better running back. Cody glenn didn't have much have an impact after his position change.

hey thats what i was gonna say.....steal my thunder....ill teach you.

Not sure if serious.

Not athletic ability wise. From the "knowing" the system side. I should have clarified.

• 4 months later...