Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

We've noticed, hopefully soon he will start being concerned about the product on the field the fans pay for

Sadly, as extreme as some of your nonsense is, it actually probably has more potential for being accurate than the nonsense of the extreme homer who is ready to crown Bo as a great coach already because he's won 9 games every year for 4 years. I personally like to stay a little more down the middle on my views, but I get where you're coming from on a lot of stuff. I think a lot of your views are backed by fact and a lot of the sunshine pumper's views are backed by hope and blind faith.

You think Bo not being concerned about the performance of his team is backed up by fact? What facts?

Way to isolate one of the general things he said and try to present it as the only thing he said. That's pretty rediculous. He made some pretty valid points and came to his own conclusions based on those points.

We've noticed, hopefully soon he will start being concerned about the product on the field the fans pay for

Sadly, as extreme as some of your nonsense is, it actually probably has more potential for being accurate than the nonsense of the extreme homer who is ready to crown Bo as a great coach already because he's won 9 games every year for 4 years. I personally like to stay a little more down the middle on my views, but I get where you're coming from on a lot of stuff. I think a lot of your views are backed by fact and a lot of the sunshine pumper's views are backed by hope and blind faith.

You think Bo not being concerned about the performance of his team is backed up by fact? What facts?

You have 4 years of 9+ wins (3 straight years of 10 wins if we beat SC) then you are a really, really good coach.... There is a reason that all of these schools are interested in Bo....

HINT: Its the 38/39 wins in four years....

Who would "all of these schools" be? Don't act like Bo has all these great offers that he's just tuning down left and right. He "supposedly" "talked with" Miami and Penn State. Yeah...those two programs are on top of the world right now. We don't know that either even offered. Both are unquestionably at or near the bottom of their respective barrels with regard to the state of the programs...within the last 20 years anyway. And you equate that to "all of these schools" being "interested in Bo"???

people who bag on Bo can kiss my rosy-haired rectum..you all deserve that fraud called callahandjob

People who set the bar at Callahan and are happy with anything that's even a little better than what he gave us can kiss my rosy-haired rectum...you all deserve 9 win seasons, no conference championships and no BCS bowls.

See how that works both ways?? :)

SIAP....

Bo's contract doesn't allow him or his people (so agent, wife, whatever....there is no hole to loop through) to communicate about his potentially pursuing another HC job without first informing Tom. So, if the other party initiated such contact, Bo would have to shut that down quickly at least until he informed Tom.

Secondly, it's my understanding that the Big Ten has an unwritten rule that HC's are not poached.

People who set the bar at Callahan .....

Whom are you targeting that would do a better job here at Nebraska? A Tom Osborne clone, Frank Solich Part II, the Return of the Bobfather, or are you going off the reservation?

I see a lot of posts from you decrying the state of affairs of Nebraska football. What's your solution, and how do we get there?

Whom are you targeting that would do a better job here at Nebraska? A Tom Osborne clone, Frank Solich Part II, the Return of the Bobfather, or are you going off the reservation?

I see a lot of posts from you decrying the state of affairs of Nebraska football. What's your solution, and how do we get there?

VERY valid question and I actually like the way you think. I prefer to focus on a solution rather than the problem. I'm actually not "decrying the state of affairs of Nebraska football" like you may think I am. I just get tired of the extremest views either way. Although I feel a little like the negative extremests have a little more substance to their opinions than the positive ones.

Anywhooo...to answer your question, my solution is to give Bo more time. I'd say he is perfectly on the brink of either taking it to another level and getting us a lot closer to where we want to be OR tanking. I'd say give him 2 more years. If he can win a conference championship in the next 2 years, no brainer...he's our guy and he's here to stay as long as he continues at a comparable level every few years. If he goes backward, I'll even go so far as to say 8 wins or less, in each of the next two years...see ya, Bo. The questionable thing will be if he has 2 more 9-10 win, underwhelming seasons. Then I don't know. Hard to fire a guy with that kind of record. But we'd be going on 6 years of what I think most fans would consider average seasons by Nebraska standards so I don't know what you do with that.

I wonder if people know how down-to-the-bedrock we were in 2007. We had recruits, sure. But the rest of the fundamentals of this program were shelled. Is four years enough to rebuild that? I wonder if people have the patience to see this project through.

And, legitimately, I wonder if Bo is the guy to get us there. Or if he even wants to be that guy. Taking on your first gig as a Head Coach is a great rush. Now that the rush - the honeymoon - is over, I wonder if he's still got the same fire for the rebuilding that he once had.

This must be why I pretty much wanted Turner Gill as our coach.

I thought it might take a little longer to get where we wanted..But he'd be more likely to stay.

That and I'd think more of our fans would give more slack to "One of our own" durring that process..(Completely ignoring the way Barney Cotton is talked about around here).

Still..I'd bet Bo would do a better job and more likely stick around with less negative bullschit from us and/or the media.

Way to isolate one of the general things he said and try to present it as the only thing he said. That's pretty rediculous. He made some pretty valid points and came to his own conclusions based on those points.

It was the one isolated point you were quoting at the time.

Duh, you kidnap Scott Frost, Turner Gill and Joe Ganz, and over a ritual containing the burning bodies of Bill Callahan, Shawn Watson, Craig Bohl, the secretary and cheerleader that Solich and Carl respectively bedded and Barney Cotton, you create a HUMAN CENTIPEDE SUPER COACH. Committed to option football with the expected 8 WR spread set , and a suffocating turbo defense with super recruits led by a sewn together Ron Zook and Mike Stoops, Nebraska wins every game 77 to negative 6, and that's even when we let all of the 2nd stringers start playing with 6 minutes remaining in the 2nd quarter, (although we all would still agreee that Carnes should see more time)

I mean, if all you're going to do is ask the obvious questions, I don't know how we're ever going to have progress on this forum.

• Fire 2

It was the one isolated point you were quoting at the time.

Okay my bad then. I was commenting on the totality of his posts and just replied to his last.