SIGNED RB Imani Cross

BIG ERN

Marrow will not be moved to defense. He and Rex will be the one-two punch that rolls over the B1G next year (hopefully)

This ^^^^

I confess to being somewhat surprised that a lot of folks on this board don't seem to appreciate what we alread have on campus in Marrow...........

Everything I hear suggests he is a true thumper..............

And, honestly.... Cross does not really stand out on film. We need at least two more DB's, we need Peat, Fuller, and maybe VV --- and we need all those positions and people much more so than we need a FB/ large RB --- especially when that potential FB/large RB (Cross) seems only OK and we have Marrow already on the team. So.... at least from where I sit, slots at NU for scholarships are tight --- go with Cross only if a whole lot of fail happens with the 2 DB's, VV, Peat and Fuller. In addition, if there is room for another scholarship then Alonzo Moore would be a better get. And there is a shot with another potential OL too (the ASU commit) or even the LB who earlier committed (orally) to Rutgers. The point in this is that Imani may be a great guy and player... but given our needs as a team and who the potentials are coupled with the few slots available... well...

• Fire 1

Marrow will not be moved to defense. He and Rex will be the one-two punch that rolls over the B1G next year (hopefully)

This ^^^^

I confess to being somewhat surprised that a lot of folks on this board don't seem to appreciate what we alread have on campus in Marrow...........

Everything I hear suggests he is a true thumper..............

And, honestly.... Cross does not really stand out on film. We need at least two more DB's, we need Peat, Fuller, and maybe VV --- and we need all those positions and people much more so than we need a FB/ large RB --- especially when that potential FB/large RB (Cross) seems only OK and we have Marrow already on the team. So.... at least from where I sit, slots at NU for scholarships are tight --- go with Cross only if a whole lot of fail happens with the 2 DB's, VV, Peat and Fuller. In addition, if there is room for another scholarship then Alonzo Moore would be a better get. And there is a shot with another potential OL too (the ASU commit) or even the LB who earlier committed (orally) to Rutgers. The point in this is that Imani may be a great guy and player... but given our needs as a team and who the potentials are coupled with the few slots available... well...

This is why I am thinking the number for this class will be 19 or 20. We will still be able to grab the guys that we need and feel fine about adding Cross to our RB depth.

I have to disagree with you about Cross' highlight tape. He's not a flashy runner, but he is extremely powerful, runs through tackles, and follows blocks really well. Unless he is absolute dynamite and is better than Green, Heard, and Abdullah from day 1, I would redshirt him and let Rex, Marrow, Green, and Heard/Abdullah carry the load this year. I say Heard/Abdullah because it sounds like 1 of them will eb moved to defense.

I can't say I understand all this talk of moving one of our young RBs to defense. Sure it worked with Amukamara, but I don't think AA or Green are the same kind of player that he was. And I can't see Morrow and Cross moving either because they would almost certainly be LBs and the staff has put in a lot of work to bring in a handful of them in this class already. I could easily be mistaken, but IYAM this is prob more of a depth and size building plan for a backfield that could definitly use more of both.

I can't say I understand all this talk of moving one of our young RBs to defense. Sure it worked with Amukamara, but I don't think AA or Green are the same kind of player that he was. And I can't see Morrow and Cross moving either because they would almost certainly be LBs and the staff has put in a lot of work to bring in a handful of them in this class already. I could easily be mistaken, but IYAM this is prob more of a depth and size building plan for a backfield that could definitly use more of both.

Both AA and Heard excelled at DB in high scool and recruited by many schools to play that position. I don't believe Green is being considered for a position change.

Both AA and Heard excelled at DB in high scool and recruited by many schools to play that position. I don't believe Green is being considered for a position change.

Ya, I don't believe Green played any defense in High school but I may be wrong, but nobody, nobody recruited him for defense. He isn't moving.

As far as all the love for Marrow I hope you all are right, but I haven't heard much about him I guess, haven't seen any film, and just b/c he was recruited by and went to Alabama doesn't warrant him to be good. I hope he can be as good as some of you think, but I'm surprised we didn't see him at all this year given we really could have used a thumper this year.

So do we redshirt him?

Going out on a limb with a 50/50 chance. We have to expect Marrow to get the first look at the short yardage back but Cross could bring a different skills set to the table. He does have good hands. If Cross gets the protection packages down quickly, his chances of playing early skyrocket.

Rex isn't your "traditional" power back (i.e., 245 lbs) but I've NEVER seen anyone make more guys miss in the backfield and get a couple yards when he should have lost a couple. With he and Marrow, I don't think we're hurting for a short-yardage back this year. I wouldn't mind a redshirt, regardless of what happens with the trio of sophs.

Ya, I don't believe Green played any defense in High school but I may be wrong, but nobody, nobody recruited him for defense. He isn't moving.

As far as all the love for Marrow I hope you all are right, but I haven't heard much about him I guess, haven't seen any film, and just b/c he was recruited by and went to Alabama doesn't warrant him to be good. I hope he can be as good as some of you think, but I'm surprised we didn't see him at all this year given we really could have used a thumper this year.

Marrow was not eligible to play this year because he just transferred from Bama.

Marrow was not eligible to play this year because he just transferred from Bama.

False. He WILL be able to play this year. He sat out last year....He transferred from Bama to Eastern Michigan then to Nebraska.