SIGNED RB Imani Cross

BIG ERN

I can't say I understand all this talk of moving one of our young RBs to defense. Sure it worked with Amukamara, but I don't think AA or Green are the same kind of player that he was. And I can't see Morrow and Cross moving either because they would almost certainly be LBs and the staff has put in a lot of work to bring in a handful of them in this class already. I could easily be mistaken, but IYAM this is prob more of a depth and size building plan for a backfield that could definitly use more of both.

Both AA and Heard excelled at DB in high scool and recruited by many schools to play that position. I don't believe Green is being considered for a position change.

Ya, I don't believe Green played any defense in High school but I may be wrong, but nobody, nobody recruited him for defense. He isn't moving.

As far as all the love for Marrow I hope you all are right, but I haven't heard much about him I guess, haven't seen any film, and just b/c he was recruited by and went to Alabama doesn't warrant him to be good. I hope he can be as good as some of you think, but I'm surprised we didn't see him at all this year given we really could have used a thumper this year.

Marrow was not eligible to play this year because he just transferred from Bama.

False. He WILL be able to play this year. He sat out last year....He transferred from Bama to Eastern Michigan then to Nebraska.

Sorry got excited and read too fast, thought you said he couldn't play THIS season.

2012 International Bowl

Feb. 1, 5 p.m.

Cross__Imani.jpg

CROSS, IMANI

Cross ran for 1,706 yards and 24 touchdowns this past fall, also leading North Hall High School with 88 tackles. He ran for 1,407 yards and 17 touchdowns as a sophomore then followed that up with 586 yards on 63 carries (9.3 average) and 16 total touchdowns as a junior after missing the first five games because of a torn Achilles tendon. Attended the U.S. National Trials featuring 200 of the top players from around the country, where he earned a spot on the 2012 U.S. Under-19 National Team. Cross is verbally committed to Nebraska.

LINK

Can't wait to see Imani on the field. The dude looks like a beast. Like he could run right through some people. :thumbs

Great article on HuskerExtra about what kind of player and person that Imani is:

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_3573d109-ff30-582a-9fcd-60b16fdaddd1.html

From everything that I have heard about this guy, I would love for him to be the guy carrying the load at RB after Rex graduates. He's super powerful, and that's the kind of RB that I like to see.

I have a question for those who have watched both his jr and sr highlights. Does it seem like he lost a lot of speed and explosiveness between his jr and sr year, or is it all in my head? This is one of the things that has me even more excited. It seems like he either put on a little too much bulk or he put it on too fast and he didn't have a chance to learn how to play with that weight. Or maybe he just had an injury. In any case Dobson will have him right where he needs to be after one summer. I think a lot of teams overlooked him because his stats weren't eye popping his senior year, but I definately think he has the potential to be an elite complete back.

I have a question for those who have watched both his jr and sr highlights. Does it seem like he lost a lot of speed and explosiveness between his jr and sr year, or is it all in my head? This is one of the things that has me even more excited. It seems like he either put on a little too much bulk or he put it on too fast and he didn't have a chance to learn how to play with that weight. Or maybe he just had an injury. In any case Dobson will have him right where he needs to be after one summer. I think a lot of teams overlooked him because his stats weren't eye popping his senior year, but I definately think he has the potential to be an elite complete back.

He injured his Achilles tendon at some point which might be part of the reason he looks slower.

• Fire 1

He injured his Achilles tendon at some point which might be part of the reason he looks slower.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that. And that is exactly the kind of injury that could be nagging all year long.

Wasn't his achilles injury before his jr season? I thought I read that his stats were good as a sophomore and then not as good his jr year because he sat out the first 4 or 5 games with the achilles. I have not seen his sr highlight tape, so I don't have an opinion, but if he did lose some speed, it wouldn't be because of the achilles injury.

Wasn't his achilles injury before his jr season? I thought I read that his stats were good as a sophomore and then not as good his jr year because he sat out the first 4 or 5 games with the achilles. I have not seen his sr highlight tape, so I don't have an opinion, but if he did lose some speed, it wouldn't be because of the achilles injury.

I wasn't even aware that he had an achilles injury, so I'm not sure, but if it was his Jr year he healed well because damn does he look good. And I was incorrect, he actually rushed for 1700+ yards and 20+ TD's his Sr year, so he still put up big numbers. I must have been thinking of his Jr year stats if thats when he had the achilles problem. And BTW both his Junior and Senior yr highlights are posted in this thread on the first page if anyone missed them.