Thoughts and Opinions Wanted

EZ-E

I have been pretty busy; thus my absence from the board. Things in my personal life combined with a lot of work-related things have forced me to take a step back from the board for awhile.

I dont want to go hunting through the whole board to get the general perception and/or belief on what is transpiring in HuskerNation right now, so spill it. What makes JP's promotion so terrible? What makes it good? What makes hiring Coach Kaz so bad? What makes it good? What is your perception of Bo's supposed "wondering eyes?"

Just curious. I know I am going to get some outlandish remarks, I know I am going to get some very good objective opinions that may in fact differ from mine. But I know where I stand. Where do you stand?

3...2...1... GO!!!!!!

I have been pretty busy; thus my absence from the board. Things in my personal life combined with a lot of work-related things have forced me to take a step back from the board for awhile.

I dont want to go hunting through the whole board to get the general perception and/or belief on what is transpiring in HuskerNation right now, so spill it. What makes JP's promotion so terrible? What makes it good? What makes hiring Coach Kaz so bad? What makes it good? What is your perception of Bo's supposed "wondering eyes?"

Just curious. I know I am going to get some outlandish remarks, I know I am going to get some very good objective opinions that may in fact differ from mine. But I know where I stand. Where do you stand?

3...2...1... GO!!!!!!

I hope things are going better for you. On JP's promotion: Many people wanted a 'splash hire' and were mad that didn't happen. On the other side, the promotion is good because Bo trusts JP, JP has worked for many good coaches (Nick Saban, Les Miles, Terry Allen) just to name a few. Bo must've saw something special in this young man because when he left his DC position at LSU he took JP with him, THE PLAYERS REALLY LIKE JP! His promotion was smart because now the players won't have to go through any transition. On Kaz's hire: I think people didn't think he was good enough? (Not sure about that one) Mostly people were ok about that hire. He seems like a talented guy. He's tough but his past players loved playing for him. He's passionate and smart about the game and a good recruiter. (Some were not really sold on that point, though). On the 'wondering eyes': Some people think he's unhappy here because his name keeps coming up and he supposedly goes to these interviews or his agent is talked to etc. However, Bo has denied it. The other side thinks that Bo's name comes up for these openings because he's good at what he does. It's actually a compliment to NU that Bo's name is mentioned so often. My opinion: Bo likes it here and even more importantly MRS Bo likes it here. Their family is comfortable here and I look for Bo to be here for a long time. Hope that helped. Glad to have you back! :) Merry Christmas!

I like the JP hire due to the fact that the players know what they are gonna for a coach, know his ways and won't be a learning curve. I like the Kaz hire for the fact he has been in the B10 for 7 years and know how to coach the D-line for B10 play. I think Bo's name keeps coming up because his buy out is 250k most coaches are in the 2.5milliln. I think if they raise that up to that then not so many schools will be contacting him about the open positions.

(null)

I like both Hires for the above stated reasons. I think if Bo had gone for the highly touted type that they would have butted heads before it was over unless Bo completly backed away from the Defense and I really never see that happening. The wondering eyes part ofyour inquiry I think is more on other places putting out feelers than Bo actually looking. Just because a school says they are interested in Bo does not mean Bo is looking to leave.

Those that don't like the JP promotion don't/can't really offer anything in terms of what could/would happen if he didn't get promoted. Is he someone to keep around on the staff? That question was answered. I would have loved a big defensive name coach ... but, that would have brought in some transition this year and beyond as I would perceive we would lose JP someone in the near future. No opinion on the Iowa coach.

Useful thread titles wanted...

Really? What would you suggest? He asked a favor. Sheesh!

I would suggest something about JP in the title at a very minimum. What's so hard about putting the topic in a thread title?

What if every thread was titled with "What do you think?" and "Help needed" and "Here's something interesting"? The board would be impossible to follow. So why have any threads with titles like that?

Sheesh yourself.

Agree. Promoting J.P should help in his retention and the transition will be easier for the players and for the staff. It is a good challenge for him. I also think his plate was a little too full with DL, RT & ST duties. Now they will be able to divvy up those duties. I think the recruiting coordinator will be a little busier this year as they will have a bigger class to fill. I think that means concentrating on a larger pool of players and getting more players to sign earlier rather than later.

Obviously Coach Kaz made an impression on Bo last year as it was reported they talked during last years shakeup. He has good DL coaching experience and inroads to Florida recruiting. Has experience with B1G foes and midwest cultures. Reported to be a good technician. Reported to be very intense. We will have to see how the personalities get along, but I think it's a solid hire compared to some of the chances he took with his hires from last year.

Wandering eyes? That gets old real fast. I am going to go on a limb and trust Bo in that he is not putting these feelers out. Can't do much about others initiating contact. If he was putting feelers out, I'd say don't let the door hit you on the way out, either your committed or your not.

Agree. Promoting J.P should help in his retention and the transition will be easier for the players and for the staff. It is a good challenge for him. I also think his plate was a little too full with DL, RT & ST duties. Now they will be able to divvy up those duties. I think the recruiting coordinator will be a little busier this year as they will have a bigger class to fill. I think that means concentrating on a larger pool of players and getting more players to sign earlier rather than later.

Obviously Coach Kaz made an impression on Bo last year as it was reported they talked during last years shakeup. He has good DL coaching experience and inroads to Florida recruiting. Has experience with B1G foes and midwest cultures. Reported to be a good technician. Reported to be very intense. We will have to see how the personalities get along, but I think it's a solid hire compared to some of the chances he took with his hires from last year.

Wondering eyes? That gets old real fast. I am going to go on a limb and trust Bo in that he is not putting these feelers out. Can't do much about that. If he was putting feelers out, I'd say don't let the door hit you on the way out, either your committed or your not.

can't imagine Bo leaving here, he still has a few things left to fill his resume at this first HC job.

As fans it is easy to get excited about a big-name DC hire, but JP is deserving of the promotion and promoting him is the best move. Rumor out of Iowa is Kaz was told to seek other employment. I think he will bring some new ideas to the defense and work out well.

Not sure what to think of Pelini's name poping up all the time. I would like to dismiss the stories as rumor, just not sure.

Nice to see an old face again, hope 2012 goes better for you. On JP, I had been very vocal about my thoughts of the D-line and Special team coverage this past season. I have sense come to realize that you don't necessarily have to know technique to be a good manager. I can only hope there is more to him than last year. I also think that if you limit your resources to one area (coaches from Youngstown) you don't develop diversity in your staff thus limiting your ideas. Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch by saying "Well, they need to all be on the same page", I believe this limits your growth by not having outside the box thoughts. Now getting to Bo's wandering eye, I believe that these are all rumors and we should bring back Rumorville for this, after all, my son was Billy C's aquarium guy (no kidding) he now has his own aquarium service. By the way, I think Kaz is a good get and a great hire.