SIGNED DT Aaron Curry

BIG ERN

Caveman I was basically talking about playing experience and we only have three returning next year with experience. We're still left with ?'s on Peat, Williams, Uher. As for Guy and Jackson they did see some playing time but I just don't know about these two but Guy has disappointed me the most but this is just my opinion.

DT is the hardest spot to find talent and I believe that the staff should get VV and Curry to add my depth and talent at DT.

I do agree that we lack depth in QB but I don't see Fuller taking the job away from Martinez and standing on the sidelines for 2 years.

I'd be happy to take Fuller if he wanted to play other positions but he's dead set at playing QB and I don't see him playing QB at Nebraska that's why I want Curry over Fuller.

Fair enough, I would love to have Curry be a Husker. I think it is a bit unfair to base an opinion of Guy on his first year of PT, as a RFr. no less. Every year it seems like a lot of people think each recruit will start right away or think that if nothing is really seen in the first 2 years then the recruit is a bust and not even considering that most players don't make significant impacts until their Jr. year. Not saying you do but I keep seeing that rhetoric and it annoys me. All of the other non-frosh players on the 85 were recruited for a reason as well.

I agree with what you're saying. There's times I do that and other times I don't....maybe it has to do with who the player is lol.

Anyways thanks for the feedback

Caveman I was basically talking about playing experience and we only have three returning next year with experience. We're still left with ?'s on Peat, Williams, Uher. As for Guy and Jackson they did see some playing time but I just don't know about these two but Guy has disappointed me the most but this is just my opinion.

DT is the hardest spot to find talent and I believe that the staff should get VV and Curry to add my depth and talent at DT.

I do agree that we lack depth in QB but I don't see Fuller taking the job away from Martinez and standing on the sidelines for 2 years.

I'd be happy to take Fuller if he wanted to play other positions but he's dead set at playing QB and I don't see him playing QB at Nebraska that's why I want Curry over Fuller.

Fair enough, I would love to have Curry be a Husker. I think it is a bit unfair to base an opinion of Guy on his first year of PT, as a RFr. no less. Every year it seems like a lot of people think each recruit will start right away or think that if nothing is really seen in the first 2 years then the recruit is a bust and not even considering that most players don't make significant impacts until their Jr. year. Not saying you do but I keep seeing that rhetoric and it annoys me. All of the other non-frosh players on the 85 were recruited for a reason as well.

I agree with what you're saying. There's times I do that and other times I don't....maybe it has to do with who the player is lol.

Anyways thanks for the feedback

I also agree about DT being the hardest to get quality players, which getting Curry I increases he odds of have enough quality depth to win the conference. I am not sure it would completely make up for losing out on a player like Fuller who is considered by everyone to be an elite talent, but it certainly helps so I get your point of view.

Just wanted to let you all know that Curry may pick his college choice today and if he does he may not announce it till tomorrow or Tuesday

My interpretation of what this means: Curry wants N... whether or not we have room for him depends on what Fuller does today. If Fuller chooses us then Curry goes with his backup (Iowa or TCU) if Fuller goes somewhere else... we have room and Curry is N. My guess is he's waiting for the phone call from the coaches that will give him a spot or take it away.

I guess as electric as Fuller is, our cupboard on offense (specifically at WR) is far from bare. It's a little risky putting all our eggs into Armstrong's basket as our next QB (Cody Green, anyone?), but honestly he's got better highlights/ a totally different skill set than Taylor does at the moment, so that helps. Honestly, in the last game he played against CU, Cody Green looked like a good quarterback in the wrong system.

I have no problem at all losing DF and restocking our depth on one of the lines. That's how you build football teams, from the inside out, and Bo does like to rotate plenty of players along that D-line if they're all equally capable. Reeling Curry in after all this drama would be a great snag for our team.