2011 NU vs. 2011 Baylor

If I recall Bo did beat rgiii

Don't think so....the year we went down there and beat them RGIII was hurt and didnt play

No, it was in 2008 that Baylor came to town. I was at that game, and every time Baylor got on offense, we thought they would take it to the house in 1 play. But we ended up winning.

Gotcha, my bad.

Probably in the 38-42 range for Baylor...no idea for us but it could have been the most ridiculous game of the year since K-State was able to walk all over 'em. It would have been interesting to have one conference game this year against an atrocious rush D to see what the freshman trio could do in a shootout type game with 40+ rushing plays.

I agree that it would be a high scoring game. Our defense is better than Washington and our offense is more run oriented. If our offense was able to control the clock and keep them off the field we should win by 10. Their D would be equally as tired against us as they were vs Washington by the middle of the 3rd quarter. I think our only problem would be scoring too quickly and not taking time off the clock.

Bo has never stopped a mobile QB and I don't think he would slow down RG III. Their defense being an albatross would allow us to stick around, but I think Baylor would win by double digits in a very high scoring game.

Saying he's never stopped a mobile QB is a little disingenuous. He stopped several in 2009. We just don't have a human wrecking ball like Suh in the middle of our defense anymore.

This year I think RG3 would absolutely shred us, I agree. Watching the Washington game, I didn't see any reason we couldn't beat them.

Bo has never stopped a mobile QB and I don't think he would slow down RG III.
Blain Gabbert, Colt McCoy, Tyrod Taylor, Jake Locker, and even Keith Price would beg to differ. Did they give us fits? Yes, but they were all held in check or defeated at some point. Every defense has trouble with mobile QBs, it's the nature of the beast.

That said, this D would have had a lot of trouble with RGIII no doubt.

Blain Gabbert, Colt McCoy, Tyrod Taylor, Jake Locker, and even Keith Price would beg to differ. Did they give us fits? Yes, but they were all held in check or defeated at some point. Every defense has trouble with mobile QBs, it's the nature of the beast.

I wouldn't necessarily put Gabbert into that group, but that's just me. Taylor is a pretty good example, though.

And yes, harping on Pelini for not being to able to shut down a mobile quarterback isn't wise - every team, at some point, struggles with a mobile quarterback.

I wouldn't necessarily put Gabbert into that group, but that's just me. Taylor is a pretty good example, though.

And yes, harping on Pelini for not being to able to shut down a mobile quarterback isn't wise - every team, at some point, struggles with a mobile quarterback.

Yea I don't know how Gabbert ever got mentioned, he's a statue back there. I wouldn't put Locker or McCoy in that group either because while they are not a statue like Gabbert, they doesn't have the speed to beat you by themselves. And even if you do count them, all you have to do is look at the W-L record against those guys which isn't good at all. We are 0-2 vs Taylor, 1-1 vs Locker-0-1 vs McCoy and 1-0 vs Price. That is a 2-4 record and those two wins are against a very bad Washington team.

Yea I don't know how Gabbert ever got mentioned, he's a statue back there. I wouldn't put Locker or McCoy in that group either because while they are not a statue like Gabbert, they doesn't have the speed to beat you by themselves. And even if you do count them, all you have to do is look at the W-L record against those guys which isn't good at all. We are 0-2 vs Taylor, 1-1 vs Locker-0-1 vs McCoy and 1-0 vs Price. That is a 2-4 record and those two wins are against a very bad Washington team.

Very true, but at the very least the idea that those quarterbacks haven't been shut down can be put to rest. Ultimately, a win is the best deciding factor. I definitely wouldn't put Locker in that group. Even as a "Wing-T" quarterback, which is what I believe he was recruited to Washington to play, he wasn't crazy athletic. Guys like Northwestern's Colter (sp?) and Robinson are mobile quarterbacks that I'd like to see Pelini shut down. Easier said than done.

Gabbert is questionable, but I put him in there because he had the ability to make a play on his feet if needed. He rushed for 74 yards in 2010 with a long of 29 against us and probably could have done some running in '09 if he didn't get injured, but those runs were meaningless in the game. Locker was more from what Washington fans were billing him as, running circles and throwing darts. I guess it depends on your definition of what mobile is, mine would be a guy who can get outside the pocket and make plays with his feet or his arm. He doesn't have to have blazing speed as long as he can pick up 10 or more yards on a scramble and has the ability to make a guy miss on the way there.

And even if you do count them, all you have to do is look at the W-L record against those guys which isn't good at all. We are 0-2 vs Taylor, 1-1 vs Locker-0-1 vs McCoy and 1-0 vs Price. That is a 2-4 record and those two wins are against a very bad Washington team.

Win/Loss doesn't tell the whole story and you know it. Tyrod is a prime example, he was held in check for the entire game except for one blown coverage which accounted for 81 of his 192 yards passing that day, and he managed a whopping -22 yards rushing, yet we lost. If those stats aren't stopping a mobile quarterback I don't know what is. Lack of offense in 3 of those 4 loses has more to do with losing than not stopping the QB, but that's a whole different thread.