Fans Should expect more

"Execute," Pelini said flatly. "You can't do it for them."

This really bothers me. Ive said it before when Bo makes comments like this. This is no different than Callahan saying "Ive done an excellent job in all areas"

Bo is basically saying he coaches they players perfectly but they they don't do what their told. Ive got a great idea Bo...teach them a better way to execute.

Pelini's detractors will note his record is 10-7 in the last 17 games as Nebraska's head coach after his 28-9 start.

This makes me shake my head. 10-7 in his last 17 is not good. I didn't even realize it was that bad.

"Our guys didn't do what they were coached to do," Pelini said of the play. "Period. End of story."

I find this to be very concerning. You don't throw your team under the bus like this. These are YOUR players, Pelini and it's YOUR responsibility to get them to play like you coach them to.

You'll find this out when you have kids. Bo's not throwing the team under the bus-he's just telling the truth. You can coach a kid til you're blue in the face but if they don't do what you've coached them to do then what can you do? When you tell your kid, 'Don't touch that hot stove, it will burn you!' and they turn around and touch it, what can you do? So how is it Bo's responsibility to get them to play like he coaches them? He can't go out on the field and hold their hand! My point is this: At some point, these kids are going to have to be accountable for what they are taught in practice. They are going to have to be responsible for their mistakes. No one says anything when these kids do what they were coached to do. Everything is fine then. But when they don't execute it's all the coach's fault. I'm sorry, I don't buy that. Do we have problems? Yep. But can we really blame all of this on the coach?

"Our guys didn't do what they were coached to do," Pelini said of the play. "Period. End of story."

I find this to be very concerning. You don't throw your team under the bus like this. These are YOUR players, Pelini and it's YOUR responsibility to get them to play like you coach them to.

You'll find this out when you have kids. Bo's not throwing the team under the bus-he's just telling the truth. You can coach a kid til you're blue in the face but if they don't do what you've coached them to do then what can you do? When you tell your kid, 'Don't touch that hot stove, it will burn you!' and they turn around and touch it, what can you do? So how is it Bo's responsibility to get them to play like he coaches them? He can't go out on the field and hold their hand! My point is this: At some point, these kids are going to have to be accountable for what they are taught in practice. They are going to have to be responsible for their mistakes. No one says anything when these kids do what they were coached to do. Everything is fine then. But when they don't execute it's all the coach's fault. I'm sorry, I don't buy that. Do we have problems? Yep. But can we really blame all of this on the coach?

That's a valid comparison.

[At some point, these kids are going to have to be accountable for what they are taught in practice. They are going to have to be responsible for their mistakes.

Exactly. They have to be held accountable. The person who doesn't hold them accountable is Bo Pelini. When Austin Cassidy makes mistake after mistake after mistake, yet starts game after game after game, there is no accountability. That is coaching. Bo can sit there and say he is coaching his players but they aren't doing what their coached to do, well Bo, do something about it.

• Fire 2

i agree with what people are saying...but what can you do?? tom isnt going to fire bo and i doubt he is going anywhere...... which brings up the question... is he just good enough to stick around but not good enough to get us over the hump? who wins out??

Definitely not the fans. I think this is spot on. I believe next year will be S*** or Get off the pot time for Bo. The problems we had four years ago are still present today.

Am I the only one that feels the impatience? We all know that this was a tough year. New conference, big media hype that we sure didn't ask for, young players, injured players. Blah! I've been around for awhile and I can remember when they were about to run TO out on a rail when he 'couldn't win the big one'. I just wish we could be patient for a little while longer. Don't ask me why I think this I just do. If our boys would've executed all of their plays tonight we would've won then we wouldn't be having this conversation-or would we? Tom Osborne is a pretty shrewd judge of character. He sees something in Bo and in his decisions that keeps Bo here. Bo doesn't make these decisions alone. He has to have the approval of anyone he hires doesn't he? So my thought is that we just need a little more time.

Am I the only one that feels the impatience? We all know that this was a tough year. New conference, big media hype that we sure didn't ask for, young players, injured players. Blah! I've been around for awhile and I can remember when they were about to run TO out on a rail when he 'couldn't win the big one'. I just wish we could be patient for a little while longer. Don't ask me why I think this I just do. If our boys would've executed all of their plays tonight we would've won then we wouldn't be having this conversation-or would we? Tom Osborne is a pretty shrewd judge of character. He sees something in Bo and in his decisions that keeps Bo here. Bo doesn't make these decisions alone. He has to have the approval of anyone he hires doesn't he? So my thought is that we just need a little more time.

Absolutely. See Christian Peter, Riley Jackson, Abdul Mahammad, Tyrone Williams, etc.