Updated Recruiting Board

life is good

Last time I checked, we haven't won a national title since 1997. I have reason to be pessimistic when I see the same thing year-in, year-out. Living in Baton Rouge around a perrenial Top-5 team doesn't help matters any, either. I guess Signing Day will be the tell-all.

Were you complaining this much in 1993?

This could ba an amazing finish... Or this could suck. It's all comes down to what percentage of the top guys we convert

It all starts Thursday...

Thursday - do we get Curry?

This week - do we get Cross?

Sunday - do we get Fuller?

Signing day - do we get Valentine, Peat, Shelton, Moore, Raymond, Thompson, or Bourque?

The staff have to know we are missing out on some of these guys because we can't take all 9-10. We have 13 now... So we take a max of 8 more. I foresee us taking closer to 6-7 though. If we only get 7, what 7 do we get?

I think if we can convert 70-80% of our targets that would be an amazing finish. 60% would be a good finish and anything less would be disappointing.

Go ahead and strike the two bolded from the list Fuller and Shelton are your two biggest tossups. So that gives ya Curry :thumbs , Cross, VV, Peat, Moore and Ford

So I asked this question in the Trevell Dixon thread, but it didn't get answered. So for you recruiting guru's or anybody that knows:

When do the recruits for the 2013 class get their star rankings through the major recruiting sites?

In June. 4 and 5 stars are usually at the beginning of the month and 3 stars in mid-June

I think he meant life is good as in, your still alive and the sun came up.

Meh... overrated

If we can land Fuller, Peat, and Moore, I'd be a happy man. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll land Fuller or Moore or VV.

Anyway, like I've said many times, I hope I'm wrong about everything.

I think he meant life is good as in, your still alive and the sun came up.

Meh... overrated

If we can land Fuller, Peat, and Moore, I'd be a happy man. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll land Fuller or Moore or VV.

Man...I think you need to take a break from Husker football. Maybe find a gf and a get laid or something. You're scaring me :D .

That's usually the case. Stop being so negative, Eeyore.

Give him a break. Guy has the FLU bug. Just hoping it passes for him.

Nope...FLU stands for Finding Life Undesireable...Cheer up FLU, everything with be okay when it is all said and done.

• Fire 2

Look fellas, all I want is for success for this team. Every year I have to deal with LSU fans talking about how great they are, and the only defense I can use is that NU has more national titles, and that they are 5-0-1 all-time against the Tigers. I just want Nebraska to get back to an elite level. Trust me, there isn't anything special about Baton Rouge. If LSU can get top-notch recruits, there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to.

Also... not sure if you guys can see my sig pic (it doesn't show up on my latop, for some reason) but if so, that's Herbie Husker on the left, Brock Lesnar on the right, and my wife in the middle. So yeah, I guess I do have something to be happy about. I just want to be happy about Nebraska football!

Look fellas, all I want is for success for this team. Every year I have to deal with LSU fans talking about how great they are, and the only defense I can use is that NU has more national titles, and that they are 5-0-1 all-time against the Tigers. I just want Nebraska to get back to an elite level. Trust me, there isn't anything special about Baton Rouge. If LSU can get top-notch recruits, there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to.

Also... not sure if you guys can see my sig pic (it doesn't show up on my latop, for some reason) but if so, that's Herbie Husker on the left, Brock Lesnar on the right, and my wife in the middle. So yeah, I guess I do have something to be happy about. I just want to be happy about Nebraska football!

Only that it's located in Louisiana...you know, that state w/ about 40+ D1 recruits?

15 of LSU's recruits are from their backyard. (nebraska has 1). 2 from the state to their west, 2 from a state 200 miles east. 1 from Florida. They had to go more than 1 state away for a single recruit.

EDIT: One thing that is odd to me is O'Connor (Denver) and Kozan (Castle Rock). 2 guys essentially in our back yard, 2 guys w/ B1G programs all over them...who look to both be going B1G, and we weren't even on them. The one B1G program that could sell location, and we didn't even offer.

• Fire 1

Only that it's located in Louisiana...you know, that state w/ about 40+ D1 recruits?

15 of LSU's recruits are from their backyard. (nebraska has 1). 2 from the state to their west, 2 from a state 200 miles east. 1 from Florida. They had to go more than 1 state away for a single recruit.

bingo. nebraska has to work harder and smarter at recruiting than practically any other program, due to our location. to compare our recruiting to a school located in perhaps the single most talent rich area of the country is ridiculous. should we compete with them, yes, but let's not ignore the obvious obstacles to be overcome.