CB Devian Shelton [USC Commit]

Nexus

Let's see what happens after he visit both schools.

Well if it's us and Tennessee we at least win the distance from home battle. :facepalm: Other than that.... stadiums close to the same size post our expansion, facilities I would imagine would be similar too, Academics we should have the edge... it'll be interesting to see who wins out here.

Unfortunately for UT, I believe Dooley's seat is very hot so that may be a factor, should he have another subpar season he's gone. If you actually look at on field results our CBS have faired better than theirs

I'm not exactly sure we can talk about anybody else's coach being on the hot seat when it seems a large faction of Husker fans are calling for Pelini to be ousted if we have another 9-win season.

How does Pelini's current status impact recruiting if at all?

Can't believe everything you read and hear, Pelini's seat is far, far cooler than Dooley's is I can promise you that. 9 win seasons vs 2 non bowl qualifying seasons are completely different if you ask me(considering all the talent that has come and gone through Knoxville). Yes Dooley has caught some bad breaks, but would what he's done at UT, up to now, would fly at NU? I think not.

I have not heard anything about "a large fraction of Husker fans calling for Pelini to be outsted" at all. There are a few. Most of them are not so much disappointed with the 9 win seasons (I HOPE we all learned are lesson about that with Frank), but they are a bit disturbed about his passion sometimes on the sideline. I think this is more disgruntled press than anything else. My opinion: Nearly every player supports Bo and what he does. He has a class average of 3.00 (let's see where the SEC schools stack up in that). He also is PASSIONATE about having kids do things the right way. SHELTON...YOU CAN'T GO WRONG BEING A HUSKER!!

I have not heard anything about "a large fraction of Husker fans calling for Pelini to be outsted" at all. There are a few. Most of them are not so much disappointed with the 9 win seasons (I HOPE we all learned are lesson about that with Frank), but they are a bit disturbed about his passion sometimes on the sideline. I think this is more disgruntled press than anything else. My opinion: Nearly every player supports Bo and what he does. He has a class average of 3.00 (let's see where the SEC schools stack up in that). He also is PASSIONATE about having kids do things the right way. SHELTON...YOU CAN'T GO WRONG BEING A HUSKER!!

there is a relatively large portion including some major boosters.....idiots.

Regarding Tennessee, it's interesting to note the amount of assistants turnover they had this season. They lost their DC, LB, OL and ST coaches. Funny thing is early in the process while they were looking for a new DC, Football Scoop website said that Kevin Steele (Clemson) and Phil Bennett (Baylor) were top candidates for the job. Those two coordinators gave up a combined 126 points in their respective bowl games. Apparently Bennett was offered the job, but he declined. Can you imagine the outcry in Knoxville if Dooley hired one of those guys after those bowl game performances?

yup. while there may be a surprising number of fans disgruntled with bo, i think most of us recognize that he's winning and doing it the right way. more importantly, his boss understands this. there is virtually zero chance bo loses his job on TO's watch, barring a complete meltdown (ie, a losing season or disemboweling a ref on live television).

kinda trickling out right now... im sure someone knows more but from what i understand he enjoyed his visit, saw a lot of things he liked and could see himself playing here... with that said i didnt really pick up a huge wow factor... well atleast not yet......

I have no inside info either but, like you said, he enjoyed his visit(Don't most kids that visit?). I'm a bit leery of UT though.

Rumor I heard he himmed and hawed and almost committed, but obviously didn't. Won't say who, but has a favorite, will announce on Wednesday. UW Huskies could be in the mix, they just hired away OSU beavers DB coach, his expected old position coach. Never know until it's inked.

If true, I'm feeling good about him.