bisonwiches

SIGNED LB Josh Banderas

Josh is the son of letterman Tom Banderas who played TE for the skers in 1985-87. Tom was on Big Red Wrap-up this year and they showed highlights of Josh. Stated he needs to put on weight but can be a legit linebacker. Not sure if he'll get a scholarship though. Most likely a walkon since his last name isn't Cotton. J/k!

Nebraska has a few pretty decent kids this year! This kid and another big man (OG) from Gothenburg should end up at mid to high 3 stars to start the rankings, and should definitely be worth of an offer if they continue to dominate the competition like they have.

I wonder how much this year's recruiting class will effect his decision. He looks to be a big time player, but with Rose, Afalava, and Brown he might have to sit. If he committed and was willing to redshirt would be ideal.

I wonder how much this year's recruiting class will effect his decision. He looks to be a big time player, but with Rose, Afalava, and Brown he might have to sit. If he committed and was willing to redshirt would be ideal.

That doesn't always stop people. Exhibit A Debo, he obviously isn't worried about who else LSU has recruited if he always wanted to go there.

If this guy is a lifelong Husker fan he probably wont worry much about other recruits if he gets an offer.

The kid will come to Nebraska, I'm sure that he knows competition will only make him better. Plus with his attributes, 6'2, 215(slim, but muscular) 4.5 speed natural nose for the ball, I'm sure he is more then confident in himself.

I went to Lincoln Southwest and have heard several times that if the Huskers offer then hes a Husker. Hopefully they do as I've heard he's not only a great football player, but also a great kid. My only concern is that we've already offered and seem to have high interest from several other LB prospects namely Cox from Arizona and Ramirez (spelling) from Missouri. Hopefully Banderas and Minter both get offers soon so we can kick off our 2013 class!

I think Josh will be a part of a strong LB class ... much needed. I'm thinking 3-4 LB's in the class.

Yes, he and Cox plus another suprise would set us straight.

They need to offer and sell him early. Lots of interest for him already.

Don't really think ther is going to be much a sell needed. He gets the offer, he commits. Set it in stone now. That is a bold recruiting prediction for those that are starting to frequent the best forum on the board.

One player that Helmholdt predicts could see a major bump in his offer list is Lincoln (Neb.) Lincoln Southwest linebacker Josh Banderas, who had outstanding junior film and then shined at the recent U.S. Army National Combine. Rivals.com starts Banderas at No. 185.

"Physically, Banderas was the most impressive-looking linebacker at the prestigious combine," Helmholdt said. "He then went out and showed great athleticism, covering running backs one-on-one. Only Tulsa has offered Banderas but his offer list will grow rapidly once teams get a chance to see him in person."

One player that Helmholdt predicts could see a major bump in his offer list is Lincoln (Neb.) Lincoln Southwest linebacker Josh Banderas, who had outstanding junior film and then shined at the recent U.S. Army National Combine. Rivals.com starts Banderas at No. 185.

"Physically, Banderas was the most impressive-looking linebacker at the prestigious combine," Helmholdt said. "He then went out and showed great athleticism, covering running backs one-on-one. Only Tulsa has offered Banderas but his offer list will grow rapidly once teams get a chance to see him in person."

That is impressive and he could end up as a top 50 guy if he plays well.

I get that he is a legacy, but is our pursuit of so many linebackers a reflection on the ability of some of this years LBs to get qualfied?

No, it's more of a reflection that we have zero depth at the LB spot right now. Adding in the 2012 class will help, but we need to add maybe 2 in the 2013 class.

I get that he is a legacy, but is our pursuit of so many linebackers a reflection on the ability of some of this years LBs to get qualfied?

No, it's more of a reflection that we have zero depth at the LB spot right now. Adding in the 2012 class will help, but we need to add maybe 2 in the 2013 class.

Yeah that, we lose Compton, Whaley, and Fisher this year and after that I think we have like 2 or 3 scholarship players besides the incoming freshmen.

Is there any updates on the current commits as far as qualifyng goes. I know there were a couple guys that were borderline.

Moore, and Afalava still need to be cleared.

This guy could be the best prospect to come out of the state in recent memory. He will definitely be offered and if he doesn't accept too quickly, I bet he cracks rivals top 100. He reminds me a lot of Von Miller.

This guy could be the best prospect to come out of the state in recent memory. He will definitely be offered and if he doesn't accept too quickly, I bet he cracks rivals top 100. He reminds me a lot of Von Miller.

I have a feeling he commits very shortly after being offered

I have a feeling he commits very shortly after being offered

Want to see this kid :bonez

Maybe since Baker Steinkuhler.

Maybe since Baker Steinkuhler.

One every 5 years is rough.

One every 5 years is rough.

Andrew Rodriguez, Ryne Reeves, and Zach Sterup are a few recent in-state recruits that were regarded about as highly by the recruiting services as Josh currently is.

Kid really looks like he puts in a lot of time in the film room. Kid looks to have three or four steps taken before the ball is even snapped.

I think LB is a really strong position for us. I'm hoping we take atleast three. Seeing it as a strong area and we have a bigger class I would nt be opposed to four.

Looks like an awesome LB prospect. Flows to the ball well, sheds blocks well, and tackles decently. I think his tackling seems to be a bit inconsistent from the highlight tape, however, still very impressive.

An article in the OWH about Banderas. An analyst from 247 had said that he has the ability to make hits, but what really separates him is how well his hips are in coverage, or something like that. It sounds like he really want an offer and said he would like to talk to the coaches to see when he could play. Also it states that LSU and Alabama or showing interest as well.

If we don't get either Banderas or Minter that would be very disappointing

You won't have to worry.

I'd love to see him have Bama, LSU and Huskers as his final three ... show major interest in the $EC schools ... silently commit to both of those schools and wait until NSD to inform everyone that the Huskers are his choice. :-)