Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

20 hours ago, teachercd said:

I did not know it was short, that changes things, I might read it.

I LOVED that the movie was basically two parts, that was perfect.  The mom won an oscar, she was amazing.  I didn't really understand William H Macey's role, did you?  For a few minutes I sort of thought he in on it, you know?

It’s been awhile-4 years-since I read the book so I’m fuzzy. I think Macy’s character was meant to show the viewer/reader that Jack will forever have difficulty making up for lost time in terms of personal relationships. Because it’s from Jack’s POV, it was meant to feel awkward or unresolved for the reader because that is what Jack is experiencing 

• Plus1 1

On 8/23/2018 at 2:04 AM, Michiganball said:

Just binged Killing Eve, definitely deserved the accolades. Spy thriller, assassins, bit of a dark comedy and fairly brutal. Great camera work, good writing. One of those shows that gets better and better with each episode.

Btw we have all seen some girls plays psychopaths or bad girls, but this to me is the most chilling.

Where would I find this - looks really good.  I looked at Netflix/Hulu, and wasn't on either.  On demand here but $$$ per episode to purchase.

52 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Where would I find this - looks really good.  I looked at Netflix/Hulu, and wasn't on either.  On demand here but $$$ per episode to purchase.

Yea it is, as in this quote " it’s the only show in all of television, going back at least a decade, to post week-to-week ratings gains in key demographics for every single episode over the entire season."

But yes BBC America and BBC tend to have their heads up their rears regarding how to market and distribute their shows with modern convenience.

Amazon does have it for per episode prices.

Hulu is going to have it later in the year(no exact date, late 2018), not sure why wait so long.

Basically this show is heavily torrented and streamed elsewhere(guilty), they need to get their act together as it came out back in April. Movies are available faster then that.

35 minutes ago, Michiganball said:

Yea it is, as in this quote " it’s the only show in all of television, going back at least a decade, to post week-to-week ratings gains in key demographics for every single episode over the entire season."

But yes BBC America and BBC tend to have their heads up their rears regarding how to market and distribute their shows with modern convenience.

Amazon does have it for per episode prices.

Hulu is going to have it later in the year(no exact date, late 2018), not sure why wait so long.

Basically this show is heavily torrented and streamed elsewhere(guilty), they need to get their act together as it came out back in April. Movies are available faster then that.

Ok, thanks - will be on the lookout!  

2 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

WTF did i just witness?  If those were the "best scenes", I'd hate to see the rest of it. 

Yea haha, it's considered one of the worst movies ever made, it has a cult following from those who like to watch movies so bad that you just cant stop watching what is said and happening on the screen.

I couldn't watch the whole thing myself, but did enjoy the funny nostalgia critics highlights and comments.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Michiganball said:

Yea haha, it's considered one of the worst movies ever made, it has a cult following from those who like to watch movies so bad that you just cant stop watching what is said and happening on the screen.

I couldn't watch the whole thing myself, but did enjoy the funny nostalgia critics highlights and comments.

Now, THAT was entertaining!

• Plus1 1
On 8/23/2018 at 10:17 AM, teachercd said:

Room

Watch it...So freaking good.

I hear the book is amazing but I will never read it.

I did, based on your advice.   You are correct, this is a great movie.    I highly recommend watching this.   Now I want to get the book and see what was cut out.

Finished watching the first season of The Innocents on Netflix. Pretty strange show but we liked it. It's about two teenagers that run away from home but they soon discover that someone is after the girl because she has a special, uh, skill. 8 episodes. It's a British show but it takes place in both England and Norway. Not sure if there will be a second season yet or not.