Bo on the Sidelines

Ladyhawke,

I searched under our coach under Saben and Spurrier, Youtube Bo Pelini, if that is slanting it in any direction, I need some direction.

Today these media outlets are very important to the younger generation, I would never have looked until someone mentioned it to me. I looked at the other two exactly the same way. No comparison in my opinion.

If you truly believe that this is not a problem, that is fine. His antics were actually number one on Youtube at one time if you read through it.

And for those that say Bo would not get in the living room, just how many do you think he gets in. Nebraska is very seldom mentioned in any of the top 100 recruits, and in honesty when he first took over we were actually up from where Clownahan had us. I think after his first year we were actually listed on 25 of the top 100. Is this just a cycle, I do not know and really do not think any of us know.

Some have continously said they never hear about Bo in a negative vane. I hear it alot, and wanted to show that the negativity is out there and nation wide. How it affects Nebraska is the question. If you think it is a positive so be it. If you think he has not been counciled on his actions, I have ocean front property in Arizona you need to look at.

Well then you do very little research of your competitors, if you are in business. Our company has a full time person scanning the internet about comments made about service, about employees, all future employees are scanned on the internet. Reports about senior partners are scanned and they spend big bucks to have things removed, that are untrue or in a bad light for the company. I do not even work for a large company.

Hey, maybe ESPN will freak out when their pelini cam can't find him. And we can all let cooler heads prevail. And if Bos upstair he can find a private room and throw stuff after bad calls :)

This is one of the funniest things I've heard in a looooooooooong time. I'm still sitting here, couple minutes after reading this, still chuckling.

Ladyhawke,

I searched under our coach under Saben and Spurrier, Youtube Bo Pelini, if that is slanting it in any direction, I need some direction.

Today these media outlets are very important to the younger generation, I would never have looked until someone mentioned it to me. I looked at the other two exactly the same way. No comparison in my opinion.

If you truly believe that this is not a problem, that is fine. His antics were actually number one on Youtube at one time if you read through it.

And for those that say Bo would not get in the living room, just how many do you think he gets in. Nebraska is very seldom mentioned in any of the top 100 recruits, and in honesty when he first took over we were actually up from where Clownahan had us. I think after his first year we were actually listed on 25 of the top 100. Is this just a cycle, I do not know and really do not think any of us know.

Some have continously said they never hear about Bo in a negative vane. I hear it alot, and wanted to show that the negativity is out there and nation wide. How it affects Nebraska is the question. If you think it is a positive so be it. If you think he has not been counciled on his actions, I have ocean front property in Arizona you need to look at.

Oh, I totally agree with you that there is negative press about Bo. You are so right that there is negativity out there nation wide. I've read about it on other boards. But there are also positive things about Bo out there. I've also read very positive things about Bo on other boards. I'm pleased that Bo has grown as a person and is taking measures to decrease his outbursts on the sidelines. Does it hurt our program? I think that issue is what people are discussing.

I guess I get so tired of people bashing our coach. Bo is a good fit for our university. My husband says that Bo reminds him a lot of Bob Devaney. Bo comes from a blue-collar, rough around the edges background. But no one can deny that he has made some positive changes for NU. I still remember when he was our DC and when Frank was fired fans were shouting/crying out for him to become our new Head Coach. Now that he is our HC, I am excited to see where he takes us. I just hope we give him a chance to do so. 4-5 years is not a chance in my opinion.

Anyway, I should've put that disclaimer in my earlier post. I'm not denying the fact that we can find all kinds of crap about Bo on the internet-that is obvious. I just think it's refreshing to know that there are positive things said about him too. :) Like this quote from Barrett Rudd:

"Guys were ready to run through a wall for Coach Pelini. He was such a great motivator. He'd print out cards with different quotes and leave them in our locker to fire us up before games, and when it came to 'X's and 'O's , he definitely had the 'It' factor. He is the total package."

Barrett Rudd, Tampa Bay Bucaneers linebacker and former Husker (Played under Pelini in 2003)

http://www.thisisnebraska.com/fb_coaches_bpelini.php?sport=fb

Barrett Ruud, Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker and former Husker (played under Pelini in 2003)

[/left]

Coach Osborne never screamed until his face got red and threw up his arms at officials, from what I can remember. I haven't heard any former player say they wished Coach Osborne would have been more "energized" during the game. He seemed to motivate them just fine.

On the other hand, Coach Devaney did it nearly every game, and he seemed to motivate the players just fine, too.

I was going to mention this. Some of these posters would have been calling for Devaney's head as well, I'm sure. Of course, not so much TV back then, and none of this PC b.s. Football was a lot tougher and rougher back then.

Well then you do very little research of your competitors, if you are in business. Our company has a full time person scanning the internet about comments made about service, about employees, all future employees are scanned on the internet. Reports about senior partners are scanned and they spend big bucks to have things removed, that are untrue or in a bad light for the company. I do not even work for a large company.

Hence, using the internet justify an argument, or as I should have stated earlier, to develop a judgement of something or someone, is just stupid. Facts are so skewed, if theyre even facts at all. I know it's the world we live in, but it's still bull__.

Coach Osborne never screamed until his face got red and threw up his arms at officials, from what I can remember. I haven't heard any former player say they wished Coach Osborne would have been more "energized" during the game. He seemed to motivate them just fine.

On the other hand, Coach Devaney did it nearly every game, and he seemed to motivate the players just fine, too.

I was going to mention this. Some of these posters would have been calling for Devaney's head as well, I'm sure. Of course, not so much TV back then, and none of this PC b.s. Football was a lot tougher and rougher back then.

ESPN didn't exist, people read about the football program once a week in the sunday paper, radio commentators swayed most of the publics opinion one way or the other on these things...and the football program's revenues didn't dwarf most businesses in the state. VERY different time. Devaney likely wouldn't have taken a lot of heat for both his actions on the field, and his actions off it.

I have said the same thing, Bo does remind you of Devaney, but those things are in the past, PC as some has mentioned. When we were kids, when you heard the words wait till your father gets home. You knew you were getting the belt and it was damned well gonna hurt, most likelfy for a couple of days. Now you can not even correct your children, pray to god they don't get a bruise or child welfare is knocking on your door. These are the same coddling parents that have kids getting ready to go to college. Maybe the majority of them live in SoCal, but spanking your child will get your butt in jail very quickly if done in public. Talking to them in any way considered abusive will get you in front of a child welfare officer.

I agree not for the better, but things have changed drasticlly.

I know there is positive on Bo, he deserves it. I think he is a good guy, I want him to remain at Nebraska, but there are many that do not and the more fuel they get from these blowups he has will get him in the end. He has to correct this. I think he was much better this year, but still at the end it happened again. Maybe next year we get through the year with a kool calm Bo. He needs it to be I think.

Pelini is not going to get fired because he yells on the sidelines. He'll get talked to about his demeanor, but he will not get fired. You don't fire a coach because he yells. Try it and you may as well fold up the football team because you'll never, ever get another coach worth half a damn to come here.

All this talk about ultimatums and firings and whatnot is just crazy. People are upset about and just want to vent, fine, but the more outrageous we get in these threads the sillier it becomes. Nobody likes that we lose. Nobody likes how we lose. Nobody thinks Pelini is fine the way he is. Everybody wants things to be better.

Welcome to the same feeling that every team not from Tuscaloosa feels right now.

• Fire 1

I have said the same thing, Bo does remind you of Devaney, but those things are in the past, PC as some has mentioned. When we were kids, when you heard the words wait till your father gets home. You knew you were getting the belt and it was damned well gonna hurt, most likelfy for a couple of days. Now you can not even correct your children, pray to god they don't get a bruise or child welfare is knocking on your door. These are the same coddling parents that have kids getting ready to go to college. Maybe the majority of them live in SoCal, but spanking your child will get your butt in jail very quickly if done in public. Talking to them in any way considered abusive will get you in front of a child welfare officer.

I agree not for the better, but things have changed drasticlly.

I know there is positive on Bo, he deserves it. I think he is a good guy, I want him to remain at Nebraska, but there are many that do not and the more fuel they get from these blowups he has will get him in the end. He has to correct this. I think he was much better this year, but still at the end it happened again. Maybe next year we get through the year with a kool calm Bo. He needs it to be I think.

Well said, my kind sir.

When I lived in California I knew a neighbor that actually got thrown in jail for making his fat little kid run in the morning. It's no joke, those SS Gestapo welfare directors can and will do whatever they want. They have the authority.

Also agree that Bo reminds me of Devaney a lot. So very, very sadly he wouldn't last long as HC at NU now.

Pelini is not going to get fired because he yells on the sidelines. He'll get talked to about his demeanor, but he will not get fired. You don't fire a coach because he yells. Try it and you may as well fold up the football team because you'll never, ever get another coach worth half a damn to come here.

All this talk about ultimatums and firings and whatnot is just crazy. People are upset about and just want to vent, fine, but the more outrageous we get in these threads the sillier it becomes. Nobody likes that we lose. Nobody likes how we lose. Nobody thinks Pelini is fine the way he is. Everybody wants things to be better.

Welcome to the same feeling that every team not from Tuscaloosa feels right now.

Unless we hire Kirk Ferentz. Does that guy even breathe?