How good can we be with TM under center next year?

G0B1GRED

you can argue any stat, and any number, but i just do not see how Neb will be successful with Taylor at QB. I think he is a good athlete. But i think we have better athletes on this team. I wish the most success for Taylor, obviously. I just don't see it happening. I think that he needs to improve as a QB dramatically if this team is going to see less that 4 losses next season. i think there was some improvement this season from last, but it isnt enough.

you can argue any stat, and any number, but i just do not see how Neb will be successful with Taylor at QB. I think he is a good athlete. But i think we have better athletes on this team. I wish the most success for Taylor, obviously. I just don't see it happening. I think that he needs to improve as a QB dramatically if this team is going to see less that 4 losses next season. i think there was some improvement this season from last, but it isnt enough.

So basically what we have is this then: The "We 4 3" side giving stats and "empirical" data to argue its point while the "We 4 anyone but 3" side is using pure opinion. Got it.

So basically what we have is this then: The "We 4 3" side giving stats and "empirical" data to argue its point while the "We 4 anyone but 3" side is using pure opinion. Got it.

Beck probably sh#t his pants watching this on the re play.......

Where is Mora when you need him. MNC are you kidding me? Martinez could complete 70% and Rex could run for 150 a game and we are not going to win MNC. We got whacked by USCe. They did not even play the top teams this year and where this 4th in the nation defense some talk about came from I have no idea.

Minimum of three losses next year, could easily be more. Drilled in the SEC bowl. See the forest for the trees, we are down on talent, we are recruiting UR and 2star players, while the top schools are loading up on 4-5 star players and have been for the last 5-6 years.

SC was at best 6th in conference at the end of the year. And we got run. Not enough talent, not enough experience, will not play top freshman for experience, have not back up QB with snaps to even know where the endzone is. A crippled QB, that has the staff telling him not to run, because we have no one capable of taking a snap.

I can not even imagine what would happen with us against a top SEC team. Even a top Big 12 team this year.

A lot needs to happen for us to even equal this year.

For get about blaming Taylor, he is the least of our worries.

You guys are right. We should probably just cut the football program. There's no hope.

Still pure opinion, you say it looks horrible and won't win us anything. I say it's effective enough. There is nothing statistical in that throwing motion.

A huge part of the offense hinges on the QB, yes.

Not to diminish the D's importance, or the OL, or the WRs, or the backup RBs, or whatever, but QB is always a big deal. Yeah, maybe he isn't the concern on this team, but he certainly isn't the "least" of our worries, as has been suggested earlier this thread.

How good can we be with TM under center next year?

Ceiling = National Championship

Basement = Seven Wins (or Six Losses)

Your ceiling is set WAY too high. Then again, I'm more of a realist.

I have as much evidence to show that Martinez can win a championship as you have that he can't. "Realist" is an indefinite term, often based on one's point of view. The amount of "realism" in this thread is questionable, but hey, whatever passes the time in the offseason, eh?

Tim Tebow's not a winner! He just had some good defenses ;)

I really don't mean to diminish the importance of the defense, it's a critical part of the game. But the offense is a very significant part of the game, too, and the QB is a very significant part of the offense.

You are diminishing the importance of defense, though, whether you're trying to or not. If Tim Tebow's national championship Florida offense had been playing with Nebraska's 2011 defense, you think they hold Sam Bradford's OU offense (one of the highest scoring offenses in history) to 14 points in the national championship game? You honestly think Tebow would have still won that game?

The QB is just one player. Football is the ultimate team sport, where if one person doesn't do their job, everything breaks down. Doesn't matter how good your QB is, they're going to be humbled when the other team is simply better. If that wasn't the case, Nebraska wouldn't have won a national championship by absolutely humiliating a guy named Peyton Manning.