I smell desparation!

Look I think this class that we have COMMITTED will turn out to be a solid class. If we get Peat and Fuller, they could put us over the top. I will stick by my thinking that this class needed to take care of our secondary... Priority #1 IMO. If you have em covered our Dline no matter what you think of them will get there. I was hoping to get instant contributors especially in the secondary. It's starting to look like, other than MO, everyone else is a project.

What happened! Why are we the 3rd option on alot of our top targets. Nobody likes being the fall back option. I'm hoping for a strong finish but it seems like a strong finish for us is a bunch of fillers. Hope I'm wrong... Thoughts???

AA was a last minute "get" and he turned out pretty good. I do not follow recruiting that close, but the whole "the class is small" "we need to be selective" sounds a little like an excuse if things do not pan out.

IMO, having several walk-ons start and/or play significant time says that we are either missing on recruits, had more holes than any of us realized, the schemes are too complicated for 1-2 year kids to get or we are having issues teaching them. I also think that, at least offensively, four offensive schemes in as many years would be an issue for any player. NOt to mention guys like Baker (all everything O lineman) got moved to DL to plug holes.

Winning a MNC when some of these kids we are recruiting were alive would help as would having won a conference championship. Bottom line, It pays to be a winner.

Almost wonder if we need to refocus our efforts to a degree on kids who are in B1G country and around NU. Have we ever gone head to head with the Bama's, LSU's of the recruiting world and won? Also seems that the Ducks are doing ok as is Boise State (I know their schedule isn't tough, but look at their BCS berths)

All things aside and everything being equal, IMO higher calibre recruits will produce higher results on the field.

AA was a last minute "get" and he turned out pretty good. I do not follow recruiting that close, but the whole "the class is small" "we need to be selective" sounds a little like an excuse if things do not pan out.

IMO, having several walk-ons start and/or play significant time says that we are either missing on recruits, had more holes than any of us realized, the schemes are too complicated for 1-2 year kids to get or we are having issues teaching them. I also think that, at least offensively, four offensive schemes in as many years would be an issue for any player. NOt to mention guys like Baker (all everything O lineman) got moved to DL to plug holes.

Winning a MNC when some of these kids we are recruiting were alive would help as would having won a conference championship. Bottom line, It pays to be a winner.

Almost wonder if we need to refocus our efforts to a degree on kids who are in B1G country and around NU. Have we ever gone head to head with the Bama's, LSU's of the recruiting world and won? Also seems that the Ducks are doing ok as is Boise State (I know their schedule isn't tough, but look at their BCS berths)

All things aside and everything being equal, IMO higher calibre recruits will produce higher results on the field.

I agree that it pays to be a winner. If a program is winning or has the perception of winning, it would alleviate concerns about distance or overall cultural differences that make recruits reluctant to consider NU. Until then the staff will have to make the most of what's in front of them currently.

The OP may have been a little tough to decipher, but I can agree with the general idea....aside from Mo, we have LeRoy Alexander in the secondary (maybe...he is an ATH) whose only other offer came from Toledo. Not exactly where you like to be in late January...my nightmare is that we round this class out with a bunch of plan B's and C's. If we land Moore, Peat and Fuller, I will be a little happier though.