Tommy Armstrong

mwj98

So, that begs the question as to who starts whenever Martinez leaves or is beat out - Carnes or Armstrong?

Tommy has not even set foot on campus, but I will tell you that I think he will come in and be a force.

He is the type of kid that is perfect for Tim Beck's spread. I like Carnes' game, but I really think Tommy has the opportunity to be a 3 year starter if he is allowed to redshirt. Which he better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, he had really better redshirt. I don't know what this "Beck told him he won't redshirt" stuff is, but I hope it's some empty promise sweet-talk, or not true at all.

Enhance, in your example I would definitely take Luck with our OL, which wasn't really disastrous last year either, even if it wasn't elite. I suppose we'll see how Stanford's succession plan at QB goes.

Not elite? Haha....geesh zoogies.

When the mighty NW's 80th ranked defense (84th ranked rushing defense) holds us to a grand total of 122 yds rushing (in Lincoln!), yeah.....they're probably not "elite".

Well when you have nine guys within five yards of the LOS and the offense doesn't seem to want to throw, that will happen.

So, that begs the question as to who starts whenever Martinez leaves or is beat out - Carnes or Armstrong?

Tommy has not even set foot on campus, but I will tell you that I think he will come in and be a force.

He is the type of kid that is perfect for Tim Beck's spread. I like Carnes' game, but I really think Tommy has the opportunity to be a 3 year starter if he is allowed to redshirt. Which he better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, he had really better redshirt. I don't know what this "Beck told him he won't redshirt" stuff is, but I hope it's some empty promise sweet-talk, or not true at all.

Enhance, in your example I would definitely take Luck with our OL, which wasn't really disastrous last year either, even if it wasn't elite. I suppose we'll see how Stanford's succession plan at QB goes.

Not elite? Haha....geesh zoogies.

When the mighty NW's 80th ranked defense (84th ranked rushing defense) holds us to a grand total of 122 yds rushing (in Lincoln!), yeah.....they're probably not "elite".

Well when you have nine guys within five yards of the LOS and the offense doesn't seem to want to throw, that will happen.

Throwing the ball 37 times is an offense that doesn't seem to want to throw?

Throwing the ball 37 times is an offense that doesn't seem to want to throw?

Well, 19 of those passes came in the fourth quarter when we were trying to make a comeback. And we seemed to always run the ball on 1st down and at least 50% of the time on second. We were constantly running into 9 man fronts and we didn't really air it out until the fourth when we had to.

I found that lowered expectations really help my attitude with the program these days...and also helped my blood pressure during games. I was unfairly holding these coaches and this team to unrealistic high standards..you know..like winning the Big XII in the past few years, or playing for the Big Ten championship, or maybe making a BCS bowl game, or beating Northwest. That's just not fair to the team or the players.

And when I changed my attitude no longer did the consistent mind numbing lack of discipline penalties at critical times, or lousy QB passing technique, or poor O-line play, or predictable play calling, or dropped passes, or the non-existent significant improvement for returning starters in key positions, or Bo's way over the top screaming tirades on the sideline make me scream at the tv and cuss and throw things at my cat...okay..well sometimes I still threw things at the cat..but, anyway, you get my point. I'd watch these things go on and think "oh heck! well, better luck next time".

I am drinking more now, but that's another issue.

• Fire 2

I found that lowered expectations really help my attitude with the program these days...and also helped my blood pressure during games. I was unfairly holding these coaches and this team to unrealistic high standards..you know..like winning the Big XII in the past few years, or playing for the Big Ten championship, or maybe making a BCS bowl game, or beating Northwest. That's just not fair to the team or the players.

And when I changed my attitude no longer did the consistent mind numbing lack of discipline penalties at critical times, or lousy QB passing technique, or poor O-line play, or predictable play calling, or dropped passes, or the non-existent significant improvement for returning starters in key positions, or Bo's way over the top screaming tirades on the sideline make me scream at the tv and cuss and throw things at my cat...okay..well sometimes I still threw things at the cat..but, anyway, you get my point. I'd watch these things go on and think "oh heck! well, better luck next time".

i am with you addison, if i had a cat, i'd throw things at it too, cats just suck......anything that sh#ts in a box in the house, is a pet i sure don't need!

i am with you addison, if i had a cat, i'd throw things at it too, cats just suck......anything that sh#ts in a box in the house, is a pet i sure don't need!

I knew we had to agree on something sooner or later.

I knew we had to agree on something sooner or later.

wow, about time, eh?

^^^^^ You can let them sh#t outside ya know? lol

Cats can actually piss and poop in the toilet. You can train them. Don't get me wrong, not a huge fan of cats, but I have a relative that has a cat and it uses the toilet. Pretty slick really. Anyways, back to the topic.

I love Tommy Armstrong and could see him pushing for playing time late this year and definitely pushing for starting job in 2013. The kid is already way ahead of TM right now. So this will be TM's 4th year and Armstong's 1st and Tommy is already way further along mechanically than TM? You make the assumption.