On field Defensive leadership this coming year

I have been looking at who we have coming back on Defense this year and trying to figure out who is going to be out David, Dennard, or crick for this team next year. We have some guys that can step up Steinkuhler, Compton, and Meredith but noone that I can really see being that vocal leader next season. Anyone have any other ideas of who may be the guy that will light a fire under our D on the field and get them producing like we have in the past and be our LEADER!!!! Some one else that comes to mind is Jean-Baptiste but the question is will he be on the field every down???? GBR!!!!!!!

I still see it as being Compton. If you're talking about just lighting a fire...then maybe Eric Martin? But as far as a leader...Compton has been out there for 2 years now, and really came on strong in the second half.

If not him then Stein. I could also see someone like Andrew Green or Stafford steping into a leadership role. To me SJB just doesn't have enought PT to gain that sort or respect from the older guys.

I still see it as being Compton. If you're talking about just lighting a fire...then maybe Eric Martin? But as far as a leader...Compton has been out there for 2 years now, and really came on strong in the second half.

If not him then Stein. I could also see someone like Andrew Green or Stafford steping into a leadership role. To me SJB just doesn't have enought PT to gain that sort or respect from the older guys.

I agree with a couple of things you said Kchusker, first off I really think the guy that people look for on the field for guidance and calmness in tight times is Stafford. he reminds me alot of David with how he plays. I realy think the D line is going to look to Martin. I can only hope that Compton plays like he did at the end of the year and not at the early parts!!!!

With Michael Rose coming in and with the holes to fill at LB, he could very well come in and play a huge role and quite possibly start. Not only that but within the last few months Michael has become very vocal via Twitter with his passion to become a better football player and his love of Nebraska and the blackshirt tradition.

I could see him becoming a leader if not next year diffidently the following year.

I honestly don't think that Fonzo or Lavonte were vocal leaders at all. They just kind of went about their business. IMO, that was the thing really lacking on both sides of the ball: leadership. I think that next year with Martinez being an upper-classman now and him being such a competitor, I think he and Kenny Bell assume the roles of leaders on the offense, with Rex being a lead-by-example kind of guy.

The defense is still a bit of a mystery to me. I could definitely see Compton stepping up, but ideally, you'd like to have a guy on each level of the defense who is a leader in some capacity. So I would have to go with Compton, Stafford, and Steinkuhler. Possibly Meredith, but he's more of a quiet kind of guy too...

I honestly don't think that Fonzo or Lavonte were vocal leaders at all. They just kind of went about their business. IMO, that was the thing really lacking on both sides of the ball: leadership. I think that next year with Martinez being an upper-classman now and him being such a competitor, I think he and Kenny Bell assume the roles of leaders on the offense, with Rex being a lead-by-example kind of guy.

The defense is still a bit of a mystery to me. I could definitely see Compton stepping up, but ideally, you'd like to have a guy on each level of the defense who is a leader in some capacity. So I would have to go with Compton, Stafford, and Steinkuhler. Possibly Meredith, but he's more of a quiet kind of guy too...

I really want to see the personality of J or C Peter, Wistrom etc...... Some old fashion in your face when you screw up and the same when you do great. I can't remember the last time I saw a player in the face of a team mate.

I really want to see the personality of J or C Peter, Wistrom etc...... Some old fashion in your face when you screw up and the same when you do great. I can't remember the last time I saw a player in the face of a team mate.

Something that my dad told me a couple weeks ago when I said the same thing was, "I don't think Bo will let his players get in each others faces. That's his job."

I'm not quite sure if I agree or not. I just don't think we have had those really vocal types of guys around in the last several years.

Something that my dad told me a couple weeks ago when I said the same thing was, "I don't think Bo will let his players get in each others faces. That's his job."

I'm not quite sure if I agree or not. I just don't think we have had those really vocal types of guys around in the last several years.

Bo definitely does that! Just seems like peer pressure works very well in situations like that.