Any way we break .500 in B1G mens conf. basketball?

NUance

We're sitting at 3-6 in conference play right now. Is there any way we make up the three losses and break .500 in B1G conf play? I see four games we *should* win left on our schedule. Two or three we will most likely lose. And two that (hopefully) will be close contests--Northwestern and Purdue . If we find some way to win both Northwestern (away) tomorrow and Purdue (away) in three weeks we could break .500. That is, IF we don't choke on any of those "should-win" games.

Here's my best guess at our sched through the end of the regular season:

Thu, Feb 02__Northwestern (away)—??—too close to call

Sun, Feb 05__Minnesota (home)--W

Wed, Feb 08__Michigan(home)—L(?)

Sat, Feb 11__Penn State (away)—W

Sat, Feb 18__Illinois(home)—L

Wed, Feb 22__Purdue(away)—??—too close to call

Sat, Feb 25__Michigan State(away)—L

Wed, Feb 29__Iowa(home)—W

Sat, Mar 03__Minnesota(away)—W

Hey, it could happen. Really.

If we break .500 Doc may very well keep his job a couple more years. That would be near magical.

Yeah. Nebraska will definitely have to play some really good basketball down the final stretch. Sure, we don't have to play Ohio St or Mich St, but I also don't see any "sure wins" on the remaining schedule either. But.....I'm hoping for the best.

^^ Yeah, we could potentially lose any game left on our schedule. Then again, if Richardson gets a scorching hot hand shooting the ball we could win any game. Maybe.

I'd say Omaha-Husker probably has it pegged about right at 5-4, to finish 8-10. And that's not terrible in this conference, this year. Sure better than things were looking a month ago, after the tOSU beating we took. The first one.

• 2 weeks later...

*bump*

UPDATE:

Thu, Feb 02__Northwestern (away)—??—too close to call 74-84 LOSS

Sun, Feb 05__Minnesota (home)--W 61-69 LOSS

Wed, Feb 08__Michigan(home)—L(?) 46-62 LOSS

Sat, Feb 11__Penn State (away)—W 51-67 LOSS

UPDATE: Four LOSSES in a row. When I predicted above that we'd get two wins, maybe three. :facepalm:

I must have been drunk with Kool-Aid when I started this thread. Maybe the dumbest thread I've ever put up. We might not get another win this year. *sigh*

*bump*

UPDATE:

Thu, Feb 02__Northwestern (away)—??—too close to call 74-84 LOSS

Sun, Feb 05__Minnesota (home)--W 61-69 LOSS

Wed, Feb 08__Michigan(home)—L(?) 46-62 LOSS

Sat, Feb 11__Penn State (away)—W 51-67 LOSS

UPDATE: Four LOSSES in a row. When I predicted above that we'd get two wins, maybe three. :facepalm:

I must have been drunk with Kool-Aid when I started this thread. Maybe the dumbest thread I've ever put up. We might not get another win this year. *sigh*

It's ok NUance. Egg laying at its finest I tell ya. Look at it the way I do, at least I probably won't be letting another poster pick a sig for me to sport until football season. Always a silver lining.

This wasn't worth bumping, although I understand why NUance did it. When you get hammered by the team you're battling for cellar rights, you're not hitting .500 or anything close to it. I could see how this team could win 2 of their last games, but they've checked out on their coach and on the season so I really doubt they care, and I see no reason why fans should either, other than maybe just to beat Iowa.

We are in a conference that historically has 4 to six teams invited to the "dance." This is a conference that is strong in basketball. The rest of the conference has coaches:

Penn State, Patrick Chambers

Purdue, Matt Painter

Indiana, Tom Crean

Northwestern, Bill Carmody

Wisconsin, Bo Ryan

Minnesota, Tubby Smith

Iowa, Fran McCaffery

Michigan, John Beilein

Michigan State, Tom Izzo

Illinois, Bruce Weber

Ohio State, Thad Matta

Nebraska unfortunately has a pretender. SADler has to go. The DOCtor needs to be out.

T_O_B

G>B>R