TE Jon Wisnieski [Iowa Commit]

Nexus

Rumor over on RSS was that he wanted to commit at BRW and was told to hold-off.

sigh

do you think it was because we cooled on him; or pulled a "pelini", and told him to wait?

Yes this seems to be the case. We told Sandland that we are taking only one HS TE and accepting his commitment would have signifiicantly hurt our chances with Beau. We are stitting very good with Beau, alot of guys "in the know" are saying hes a silent just waiting for his mom to visit with him in August to make it official. I would say he will be a commit within 2 3 days of his visit, most likely pull the trigger while visiting.

Then we will have one of the best TE in the country. I wouldnt worry about this too much. Hart will be a good one, he actually just got an offer from MIami, and said uuummmm no im going to NU, and if Beau takes a couple visits and changes his mind, which he certainly could, we will offer the Sayles kid and he will commit on the spot.

Rumor over on RSS was that he wanted to commit at BRW and was told to hold-off.

sigh

do you think it was because we cooled on him; or pulled a "pelini", and told him to wait?

Yes this seems to be the case. We told Sandland that we are taking only one HS TE and accepting his commitment would have signifiicantly hurt our chances with Beau. We are stitting very good with Beau, alot of guys "in the know" are saying hes a silent just waiting for his mom to visit with him in August to make it official. I would say he will be a commit within 2 3 days of his visit, most likely pull the trigger while visiting.

Then we will have one of the best TE in the country. I wouldnt worry about this too much. Hart will be a good one, he actually just got an offer from MIami, and said uuummmm no im going to NU, and if Beau takes a couple visits and changes his mind, which he certainly could, we will offer the Sayles kid and he will commit on the spot.

If we did back-off on Wis because we feel good about Sandland I'm OK with that. Sandland is an absolute beast that could really make a difference in the next couple years. We already have one high schooler in this class and IMO Wis doesn't seem like a good complement to Hart. If we do end-up with a second high schooler I want a physical type, we are a run-first program.

dear lord! i hope the coaches know what they are doing. If we miss Sandland, and he goes OU, we are fuked....... Awful big gamble, but i hope they can pull it off.

Either way, good luck to the kid in Iowa!

Well, we already have 1 HS TE recruit in this class - so even if we don't get another TE, we aren't in that bad of shape. Sandland, Wisnieski, and possibly other TE's could certainly help us, but it's not going to kill us not to get them.

dear lord! i hope the coaches know what they are doing. If we miss Sandland, and he goes OU, we are fuked....... Awful big gamble, but i hope they can pull it off.

Well, we already have 1 HS TE recruit in this class - so even if we don't get another TE, we aren't in that bad of shape. Sandland, Wisnieski, and possibly other TE's could certainly help us, but it's not going to kill us not to get them.

We need a juco.

We need a juco.

agree we need a juco

• 5 months later...