TE Jon Wisnieski [Iowa Commit]

Nexus

Rivals says this kid has ties to NU. Anyone know anything about this?

His Nebraska ties comes from his Father and his Fathers side of the family. He has tons of relatives that live in Blair, Omaha, and other smaller towns. His father and cousins are big Husker fans.

He'll be at Nebraska's Junior days on Feb. 18th and doesn't have a list of favorites right now. He would like to make a decision before his senior season starts.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Stated that he would be at the 2nd Junior Day.

Maybe our other HS Tight End...

I don't think we take him as the other guy. We're looking for a Ben Cotton type player to fill the other position at TE. That means heavier weight, more of a DE build and a really good strong player that blocks well. Hart is going to be our speed like Kyler Reed, now we need the bulkier, heavier, blocking guy. Beau Sandland is our #1 target for the other tight end position even though he is a JUCO. Then, we'll take another high schooler IF he fits well and has a lot of ability/upside. If we get a big guy like Beau, that other HS guy could be a guy like Wisnieski... but Wisnieski is only 215 and does only run a 4.8 which is pretty slow for a guy that skinny. He'd definitely need a redshirt year to add weight in muscle.

I don't think we take him as the other guy. We're looking for a Ben Cotton type player to fill the other position at TE. That means heavier weight, more of a DE build and a really good strong player that blocks well. Hart is going to be our speed like Kyler Reed, now we need the bulkier, heavier, blocking guy. Beau Sandland is our #1 target for the other tight end position even though he is a JUCO. Then, we'll take another high schooler IF he fits well and has a lot of ability/upside. If we get a big guy like Beau, that other HS guy could be a guy like Wisnieski... but Wisnieski is only 215 and does only run a 4.8 which is pretty slow for a guy that skinny. He'd definitely need a redshirt year to add weight in muscle.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/23677-signed-te-ben-cotton/page__pid__306163#entry306163

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 215 lbs.

40 time: 4.8

Maybe you should look up info a little more before writing...Cotton coming out of highschool was 6'6" 217lbs...Wisnieski is 6'6'' 215lbs...pretty damn close if you ask me.

• Fire 1

I'd vote to take two pass-catchers and a blocking TE. We have completely struck out on scholly TEs ever since Cotton and Reed. Need to get some more guys in. Cotton, Sutton, Kerr and Chase Harper are the only guys we've gotten since Big Cotton and Reed.

I know we haven't seen little C and Sutton yet. Yes we got a walk-on in Long, but we really need more than that.

Maybe you should look up info a little more before writing...Cotton coming out of highschool was 6'6" 217lbs...Wisnieski is 6'6'' 215lbs...pretty damn close if you ask me.

BINGO!!!

NU would take Wisieski in a heart beat, however, the home state school is going to be pretty hard to beat.

BINGO!!!

NU would take Wisieski in a heart beat, however, the home state school is going to be pretty hard to beat.

Its sad that he would want to play for a team that will struggle to win 6 games this year...