CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

In 2014, assuming rose is a safety, we'll have Mitchell (senior), Jackson, davie and whomever else we bring in in the meantime. Assuming we don't want to count on first year players from the class of 2014, that means we need to get a couple in this class. Apparently you agree.

And, like I said, he is being slow played (somewhat) because of Priest. As of now, we do not have room for him unless something changes with Cook or we feel as if Priest is a no go.

Which this kind of surprises me somewhat.

If Cook really is wishy washy on his commitment, and if Hunt really wants to be here, I am shocked Bo doesn't say "See ya later" to Cook and take Hunt's commitment. He has pulled offers before from players just simply wanting to visit another school.

Maybe Cook isn't as wishy washy and they have Cook rated higher on their board? Just a thought.

That's kind of my point that I have put in a couple threads. There are people on here that act like Cook is basically gone and there is not a chance he is ever going to sign with Nebraska.

Well, my questions to them are.....then why hasn't he committed to them? The prevailing thought is that maybe Auburn really hasn't offered. Well, then that leaves two options:

1) Maybe Auburn really doesn't have a spot for him.

2) Maybe he is more committed to us than people think.

Now, if the staff is slow playing Hunt because they want cook more, then I would assume the staff also thinks Cook is pretty well committed to us.

In 2014, assuming rose is a safety, we'll have Mitchell (senior), Jackson, davie and whomever else we bring in in the meantime. Assuming we don't want to count on first year players from the class of 2014, that means we need to get a couple in this class. Apparently you agree.

FWIW, from everything that I have heard, Rose will be playing CB, and may end up being our best corner next year. I've heard he is a stud.

And, like I said, he is being slow played (somewhat) because of Priest. As of now, we do not have room for him unless something changes with Cook or we feel as if Priest is a no go.

If they are slow playing a talent like Dashon Hunt, then we have big problems. You don't slow play a player like this. Take a look at the top recruiting classes of other teams. They stock pile these players no matter what and we better as well. Having said this, I don't believe this is the case. Just a hunch.

Incorrect. They stock pile because they oversign, at least in the SEC, and then cut their losses.

Also, they don't take a player "just because" even though they don't fill a need, and they have holes to be filled. You can't afford to waste schollie like that, when you aren't willing to pull schollies. BAMA, for instance, said no to Tyrann Mathieu.

FWIW, from everything that I have heard, Rose will be playing CB, and may end up being our best corner next year. I've heard he is a stud.

I've heard things both ways - staff is "curious" about our safety positions next year, but Rose is an absolute monster.

Wouldn't shock me to see Rose/Charles Jackson/SJB more than Mitchell, next year.

If Cook really is wishy washy on his commitment, and if Hunt really wants to be here, I am shocked Bo doesn't say "See ya later" to Cook and take Hunt's commitment. He has pulled offers before from players just simply wanting to visit another school.

I couldn't disagree more. We shouldn't get into the habit of pulling scholarship offers from players that are already committed, and Cook has done nothing to deserve having his offer pulled. So far, the issue (as far as I have seen) is merely that we have been speculating that Cook will be tempted to jump ship due to the Auburn offer or if he recieves an offer from Alabama. Cook is still comitted, and we should honor that committment. If we want to abandon committed players due to our own fear of the competition, then we'd probably be better off not even offering schollies to decent players in the first place and accept our future as a conference bottom feeder.

If they are slow playing a talent like Dashon Hunt, then we have big problems. You don't slow play a player like this. Take a look at the top recruiting classes of other teams. They stock pile these players no matter what and we better as well. Having said this, I don't believe this is the case. Just a hunch.

Incorrect. They stock pile because they oversign, at least in the SEC, and then cut their losses.

Also, they don't take a player "just because" even though they don't fill a need, and they have holes to be filled. You can't afford to waste schollie like that, when you aren't willing to pull schollies. BAMA, for instance, said no to Tyrann Mathieu.

This is basically what Nebraska used to do before scholarship limits. They used to be able to stock pile talent because of a) Keeping them out of the hands of teams like ISU or KSU...and b) the players wanted to come here because we were one of the few teams that would play on TV. Heck, give the kid a scholarship and if there are 5 injuries during the season at his position, anyone has a chance of playing.

Maybe Cook isn't as wishy washy and they have Cook rated higher on their board? Just a thought.

That's kind of my point that I have put in a couple threads. There are people on here that act like Cook is basically gone and there is not a chance he is ever going to sign with Nebraska.

Well, my questions to them are.....then why hasn't he committed to them? The prevailing thought is that maybe Auburn really hasn't offered. Well, then that leaves two options:

Now, if the staff is slow playing Hunt because they want cook more, then I would assume the staff also thinks Cook is pretty well committed to us.

The fact that we took Cook's commitment, coupled with the fact that we've always planned on taking 2 corners, says a lot - especially when we are or were in it on Priest, Hunt, Mackensize Alexander, and I believe there are a few more, says a lot about what we think of his future as a corner.

I've heard things both ways - staff is "curious" about our safety positions next year, but Rose is an absolute monster.

Wouldn't shock me to see Rose/Charles Jackson/SJB more than Mitchell, next year.

If they are that worried about the Safety position, SJB or Seisay seem better suited for that position than Rose. If Rose is going to be a stud at CB, you have to find somebody else to play Safety. Why not Alonzo Moore? I guess I assumed that we would have Harvey Jackson and Corey Cooper step right in next year...

I couldn't disagree more. We shouldn't get into the habit of pulling scholarship offers from players that are already committed, and Cook has done nothing to deserve having his offer pulled. So far, the issue (as far as I have seen) is merely that we have been speculating that Cook will be tempted to jump ship due to the Auburn offer or if he recieves an offer from Alabama. Cook is still comitted, and we should honor that committment. If we want to abandon committed players due to our own fear of the competition, then we'd probably be better off not even offering schollies to decent players in the first place and accept our future as a conference bottom feeder.

I'm not necessarily saying he should. I'm saying I'm surprised he hasn't (if he really is wishy washy and Hunt is a lock if we want him). Like I said, he has pulled an offer from players before for just wanting to visit another school. Now, it appears he has dropped that policy. But, it has happened.

That said, I wouldn't shed a tear if he would. Pardon me if I'm a little less committed to this from situations like Freeman and Gabbert.

If they are that worried about the Safety position, SJB or Seisay seem better suited for that position than Rose. If Rose is going to be a stud at CB, you have to find somebody else to play Safety. Why not Alonzo Moore? I guess I assumed that we would have Harvey Jackson and Corey Cooper step right in next year...

I believe they still have Zo working at WR. Not 100% sure on that though. Last time I checked he was though. Harvey isn't bad.. Corey Cooper on the other hand is more of a hybrid linebacker now.

I have no information whatsoever on this, but I think SJB is staying put. Guy has already went through one position change successfully, and wouldn't surprise me to see him holding down one corner spot while others fight for the other.

Don't know anything about Seisay moving. Know he was hindered this year due to injury and needed to pick up little nuances of the defense. Otherwise...who knows.

I'm not necessarily saying he should. I'm saying I'm surprised he hasn't (if he really is wishy washy and Hunt is a lock if we want him). Like I said, he has pulled an offer from players before for just wanting to visit another school. Now, it appears he has dropped that policy. But, it has happened.

That said, I wouldn't shed a tear if he would. Pardon me if I'm a little less committed to this from situations like Freeman and Gabbert.

When have we pulled scholarship offers from committed players because they have wanted to visit other schools? I seriously can't remember Bo doing this. Any specific examples?

Alabama is his 1st choice, but he obviously doesn't have an offer from them, but could get one if things go his way so he will hold out for that. Auburn may or may not have offered, but that is second choice. So whats going to happen is if Bama were to offer he would commit instantly, if he doesn't get the Bama offer he will look to Auburn, if for some reason he doesn't get that offer than he sticks with us. His comments have been pretty straight forward about this, it doesn't take too much to figure this scenario out.