CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

Can't believe this thread got as far down the page as it did. This kid needs to commit along with Hunt to sow up our future DBs.

I am not even a farmer and I think this is funny. I don't think we should SOW up any of the DB's, but we could sew up the recruitment. Sorry I couldn't help it.

Maybe he's referring to a Statement of Work (SOW) aka a contract. A contract to sign to attend Nebraska and play good quality defense.

:lol:

Can't believe this thread got as far down the page as it did. This kid needs to commit along with Hunt to sow up our future DBs.

I am not even a farmer and I think this is funny. I don't think we should SOW up any of the DB's, but we could sew up the recruitment. Sorry I couldn't help it.

Maybe he's referring to a Statement of Work (SOW) aka a contract. A contract to sign to attend Nebraska and play good quality defense.

:lol:

Smart asses. We can SEW up our future DBs.

We have more than enough talented DB's at this point.

Rose, (possibly J. Hunt), Marcus McWilson, Nathan Gerry, and a lot of youth on the roster. We have needs elsewhere that should be addressed ahead of taking 10,000 DBs.

We've taken one freshman corner in the last two classes (Jackson). It's a position of need.

Also, I expect rose, Gerry and mcwilson will all be safeties.

LeRoy Alexander

Daniel Davie

Charles Jackson

Harvey Jackson

Josh Mitchell

Jonathan Rose

Alonzo Moore (kinda)

Seisay (senior)

Green (senior)

SJB (senior)

Ciante (senior)

Incoming class of Gerry, McWilson, Jonathan Hunt.

We aren't exactly dying in the defensive backfield...

I'm just giving my best guess as to why we are progressing a little more slowly with him - I agree the guy can flat out play, but I think we are focusing more on Dline with our defensive schollies.

Rose, (possibly J. Hunt), Marcus McWilson, Nathan Gerry, and a lot of youth on the roster. We have needs elsewhere that should be addressed ahead of taking 10,000 DBs.

We've taken one freshman corner in the last two classes (Jackson). It's a position of need.

Also, I expect rose, Gerry and mcwilson will all be safeties.

Jackson, Davie, Alonzo (moved to WR since he is electric, but was recruited as DB)

Its a position that can never be overvalued. It only takes one bad game for a player to go in the tank. Mentally you can lose confidence at any point. Add to that the fact Bo loves to play a lot of nickel. Anytime you can get a couple kids that could start possibly as freshman, it's as high a priority as any other position. Ask the Detroit Lions what good a great Dline does them with such a porous secondary!

Look I understand there is a glaring hole in the middle on the defense. But to me what separates great programs from the also rans are consistent recruiting classes! Consistent in numbers with an emphasis on depth rather than over loading at a perceived position of need. Recruit guys that challenge for spots right away but don't be afraid to redshirt. I think Bo is getting there. Our depth is evident this year and without an ungodly amount of injuries to the defensive tackles we may not see it as such a spot of need. Remember Bo is still in the early stages of recruiting to defend a different offensive philosophy.

It's purely numbers if you don't agree with my argument. 2 DT spots- 5player rotation(IMO)

4-5 DB spots- 7-8 player rotation(IMO)

Once again I understand we aren't very good at the DT spot. And we need bodies. But to say Priest shouldn't be as high up on the list of priorities is naive. Don't cut off the nose to spite the face. It's Bo's bread and butter. And it makes your Dlines job easier if you can cover in the back end for that extra second.

LeRoy Alexander

Daniel Davie

Charles Jackson

Harvey Jackson

Josh Mitchell

Jonathan Rose

Alonzo Moore (kinda)

Seisay (senior)

Green (senior)

SJB (senior)

Ciante (senior)

I'm just giving my best guess as to why we are progressing a little more slowly with him - I agree the guy can flat out play, but I think we are focusing more on Dline with our defensive schollies.

You mean Jonathan Cook, right?

LeRoy Alexander

Daniel Davie

Charles Jackson

Harvey Jackson

Josh Mitchell

Jonathan Rose

Alonzo Moore (kinda)

Seisay (senior)

Green (senior)

SJB (senior)

Ciante (senior)

Hey....if it is between him or Hooks (as an exmple) and we can only take one more player, I'm taking Hooks right now.

However, we have probably 10-11 more scholarships to give out. Even if we take:

Hooks

Russell

Sandland

Willis

Newby

Cochran

Walker

Knevel

We still have room for him. And, even if this is your dream list, chances are we aren't going to end up with all of these.