CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

Maybe Cook isn't as wishy washy and they have Cook rated higher on their board? Just a thought.

That's kind of my point that I have put in a couple threads. There are people on here that act like Cook is basically gone and there is not a chance he is ever going to sign with Nebraska.

Well, my questions to them are.....then why hasn't he committed to them? The prevailing thought is that maybe Auburn really hasn't offered. Well, then that leaves two options:

1) Maybe Auburn really doesn't have a spot for him.

2) Maybe he is more committed to us than people think.

Now, if the staff is slow playing Hunt because they want cook more, then I would assume the staff also thinks Cook is pretty well committed to us.

3) Maybe Auburn sucks and he doesn't want to go there and be Bamas little Bitch for 4 years! Losing sucks...... Getting pimp slapped by your "dream school" every year isn't much fun either.

with charles jackson, jonathan cook, jonathan rose, & mcwilson in the fold so far, we would hit the lotto if we got PW and/or trevell dixon. I would put my money on a majority of them panning out, and the thought of that secondary gives me the heebie jeebies.

Throw in LB's of Banderas, newby, love, rose, santos, afalava, and brown I would put money on a sufficient number of those guys panning out as well. That's a loaded back 7 and a loaded blackshirt squad.

I would think that our sterling pass defense reputation would be in good hands with those guys.

with charles jackson, jonathan cook, jonathan rose, & mcwilson in the fold so far, we would hit the lotto if we got PW and/or trevell dixon. I would put my money on a majority of them panning out, and the thought of that secondary gives me the heebie jeebies.

Throw in LB's of Banderas, newby, love, rose, santos, afalava, and brown I would put money on a sufficient number of those guys panning out as well. That's a loaded back 7 and a loaded blackshirt squad.

I would think that our sterling pass defense reputation would be in good hands with those guys.

I think Dixon is being recruited as a WR

oh that's interesting, I never got the memo on that. Did corey raymond leaving play a part in that? I could have sworn Raymond was recruiting him as a CB and I know they are really close, as Raymond is DB coach at LSU and I would assume recruiting him as such. Wondering if maybe after CR left the NU staff altered their approach.

oh that's interesting, I never got the memo on that. Did corey raymond leaving play a part in that? I could have sworn Raymond was recruiting him as a CB and I know they are really close, as Raymond is DB coach at LSU and I would assume recruiting him as such. Wondering if maybe after CR left the NU staff altered their approach.

He was originially recruited as a DB but the kid wants to play WR. He's talented enough that you do what you can to get that kid on the team.

Or - possibly - a loaded back 8. chuckleshuffle

He was originially recruited as a DB but the kid wants to play WR. He's talented enough that you do what you can to get that kid on the team.

No argument here. I always want the southern kids on our team. He is an athlete with playmaking ability regardless of what side of the ball he's on. I guess I just missed it when he publicly said he wanted to play WR. Didn't really care too much about Alonzo Moore either in terms of what side of the ball he was on (also a Lousiana kid), I was just happy to have him on the squad.

Just don't think at this point in time there is anyway we except commits from all 3, unless, of course, we miss out on some OL/DL targets.

I wouldn't mind getting all three. I think CB is a big need for us this year. Three CBs would not have to come at the expense of the DL or OL. It could come at the expense of a third reciever, which wouldn't be too hard because we don't even have a second receiver committed yet. If we can't get Sandland, a third CB could come at the expense of a JUCO TE, since we don't really seem to be going after any other JUCO TEs. The fact that two of these three CBs probably could play safety as well doesn't hurt either.