CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

there has to be a reason we're slow playing Hunt. We are the only school in his top 3 not to visit him or communicate with him. We may have lost our edge we had on him (hunt)

Not true

From scout:

While Hunt didn't see Nebraska for an in-home he also said that the communication with Nebraska has been very hit and miss. Hunt says that he's still interested in Nebraska.

there has to be a reason we're slow playing Hunt. We are the only school in his top 3 not to visit him or communicate with him. We may have lost our edge we had on him (hunt)
Not true
Explain why we havent visited him or talked with him.

Question? I dont know the answer to this so dont jump all over me because I honestly dont know but have any coaches done any in-home visits in Cali yet? Because I have a hard time believeing they went all the way to California to talk to some potential Huskers but didnt pay Hunt a visit?

I forgot about davies. That gives us two freshmen corners in the last two classes.

Not sure why you listed a bunch of upper class men and safeties. We are recruiting for the next 3-5 years, not just 2013. We need a couple of corners in this class.

We have more than enough talented DB's at this point.

Rose, (possibly J. Hunt), Marcus McWilson, Nathan Gerry, and a lot of youth on the roster. We have needs elsewhere that should be addressed ahead of taking 10,000 DBs.

Its a position that can never be overvalued. It only takes one bad game for a player to go in the tank. Mentally you can lose confidence at any point. Add to that the fact Bo loves to play a lot of nickel. Anytime you can get a couple kids that could start possibly as freshman, it's as high a priority as any other position. Ask the Detroit Lions what good a great Dline does them with such a porous secondary!

Look I understand there is a glaring hole in the middle on the defense. But to me what separates great programs from the also rans are consistent recruiting classes! Consistent in numbers with an emphasis on depth rather than over loading at a perceived position of need. Recruit guys that challenge for spots right away but don't be afraid to redshirt. I think Bo is getting there. Our depth is evident this year and without an ungodly amount of injuries to the defensive tackles we may not see it as such a spot of need. Remember Bo is still in the early stages of recruiting to defend a different offensive philosophy.

It's purely numbers if you don't agree with my argument. 2 DT spots- 5player rotation(IMO)

4-5 DB spots- 7-8 player rotation(IMO)

Once again I understand we aren't very good at the DT spot. And we need bodies. But to say Priest shouldn't be as high up on the list of priorities is naive. Don't cut off the nose to spite the face. It's Bo's bread and butter. And it makes your Dlines job easier if you can cover in the back end for that extra second.

I'm saying my best guess is the spot is open for Priest, as our last DB recruit.

I forgot about davies. That gives us two freshmen corners in the last two classes.

Not sure why you listed a bunch of upper class men and safeties. We are recruiting for the next 3-5 years, not just 2013. We need a couple of corners in this class.

And I believe we are taking 2 more freshman corners this year, Cook and (hopefully priest.) which would meet a "couple" of corners

Safety was listed because some people think Priest would move to safety, and our need is actually at safety positions more so than corner.

I listed every "good" corner we have, to show that we have a solid breakdown for the future. Not too top heavy, and not too young.

And I believe we are taking 2 more freshman corners this year, Cook and (hopefully priest.) which would meet a "couple" of corners

Safety was listed because some people think Priest would move to safety, and our need is actually at safety positions more so than corner.

I listed every "good" corner we have, to show that we have a solid breakdown for the future. Not too top heavy, and not too young.

Don't count on Cook, I'd be willing to bet just about anything that he doesn't end up signing with us.

Don't count on Cook, I'd be willing to bet just about anything that he doesn't end up signing with us.

However, he currently is committed and the staff is treating him as such. If he decommits, you'll hear about Dashon fairly soon.

Like I said, I'd bank on us taking 2 corners. Currently that is Cook and Willis, with Hunt on the outside looking in.

One thing is for sure with me.

If the staff really is slow playing this recruit and there isn't anything like qualification issues, then they must be pretty confident in getting some really good players in the next two months. Because, if not, it appears to me they would be passing up one heck of a recruit to possibly be filled by a warm body.

In 2014, assuming rose is a safety, we'll have Mitchell (senior), Jackson, davie and whomever else we bring in in the meantime. Assuming we don't want to count on first year players from the class of 2014, that means we need to get a couple in this class. Apparently you agree.

And, like I said, he is being slow played (somewhat) because of Priest. As of now, we do not have room for him unless something changes with Cook or we feel as if Priest is a no go.

In 2014, assuming rose is a safety, we'll have Mitchell (senior), Jackson, davie and whomever else we bring in in the meantime. Assuming we don't want to count on first year players from the class of 2014, that means we need to get a couple in this class. Apparently you agree.

And, like I said, he is being slow played (somewhat) because of Priest. As of now, we do not have room for him unless something changes with Cook or we feel as if Priest is a no go.

If they are slow playing a talent like Dashon Hunt, then we have big problems. You don't slow play a player like this. Take a look at the top recruiting classes of other teams. They stock pile these players no matter what and we better as well. Having said this, I don't believe this is the case. Just a hunch.