DE Joe Mathis [Washington Commit]

Nexus

This kid is sheltered... meaning, he seems to be surprised by every college program he visits... he was awestruck by his Michigan visit, he was even more awestruck by his Nebraska visit. He hasn't seen much and is just now being exposed to some of the big schools out there. His comments are based on his experiences thus far, but he has so few that they will change as he gains more exposure to major college football. I do think we have a shot at him cause he's looking for a place where he fits in and he said he definitely fits in with Nebraska more than Michigan. He also wants to go away from home. He's visited UCLA and USC and didn't have much to say about them. He was very vocal about the B10 schools he visited. So I do think we have a real shot at him.

• 2 weeks later...

Visiting Washington's junior days this weekend. USC is out of his top 5. OU & Bama are also suitors, but are behind Nebraska and Michigan. Nebraska leads slightly.

"I liked (Nebraska) at first but then I stopped liking them but after I visited them I was like 'Man, both of these schools are really nice,'" Mathis said.
"I like Nebraska a little bit more. I got to spend four days with the coaches. I spent a lot of time with the head coach and the defensive line coach. It was pretty big."

Visiting Washington's junior days this weekend. USC is out of his top 5. OU & Bama are also suitors, but are behind Nebraska and Michigan. Nebraska leads slightly.

"I liked (Nebraska) at first but then I stopped liking them but after I visited them I was like 'Man, both of these schools are really nice,'" Mathis said.
"I like Nebraska a little bit more. I got to spend four days with the coaches. I spent a lot of time with the head coach and the defensive line coach. It was pretty big."

ughhhh......

ughhhh......

he's either very unintelligent, or very immature

ughhhh......

he's either very unintelligent, or very immature

Both? He seems kind of attracted to the media if anything.