Best (and worst) early BCS title bets (ESPN)

AFhusker

LINK

Favorable situations are rare in the college football futures market. High-vigorish propositions are the norm, making value scarce. Typically the most exploitable offseason offerings are the season win totals props (i.e., Georgia over or under 9.5 wins) widely posted on each team in late summer.

First out of the box, though, are the odds to win next season's BCS title. National championship odds are usually one of the worst futures markets to mine for value, but they do give us some early insight into the oddsmakers' projected 2012 pecking order.

MOD EDIT - do not copy and paste entire articles, especially when they are paid content.

READ THIS if you have questions about how to post articles.

Taylor sacked 21 times. Seems like it was more than that.

How many times did he fumble this year?

He had 12 fumbles through the Michigan game. I don't recall him having any after that. So that ties him with Crouch in 1999(you remember that year right? fumblepalooza!). Fortunately for Taylor we recovered most of his. Crouch wasn't as fortunate(nor was the team for that matter). 1999 should have been another national title.

Sadly i agree with this article for the most part on our analysis...I dont see us making significant progress this year...i always come into the season drinking way too much kool aid, but im changing my expectations this year...we take some bigs hits on D, and our offense will continue to be great at times, and crummy at another...as far as a record id say close to last year's, maybe one more win

If Bo's trade mark defense isn't preforming the way most of us have come to think it should, then 9 wins will probably be about it. The offense should be better this year, if they can just get rid of 3 or 4 of the little brain farts they seem to go through, in short stretches each game. Can this team win more, sure. The execution on offense seems to be holding us at the 9-10 win seasons. Which is still good for any team, just not at Nebraska, I guess. I'll take it, till some these coaches have had a little time to gain the experience, they need.

GBR!!!

@AFHusker: (re the Mod edit of your OP) I think if you cherry pick a paragraph or short passage from an article, and post the LINK, you should be okay. I usually also post the title of the Article, author (if there is one), and date. I don't think websites mind if you do this since it directs traffic to their site.

Taylor sacked 21 times. Seems like it was more than that.

How many times did he fumble this year?

He had 12 fumbles through the Michigan game. I don't recall him having any after that. So that ties him with Crouch in 1999(you remember that year right? fumblepalooza!). Fortunately for Taylor we recovered most of his. Crouch wasn't as fortunate(nor was the team for that matter). 1999 should have been another national title.

Would have been had we not been screwed by officials in Austin. Cost us precious BCS points which allowed an undeserving Va. Tech to take our place, IIRC.

But that's another thread. :hookerhorns

I don't even know why we came up in the conversation. We will be picked 3rd in our division by pretty much all the media, and odds are they will be right. Without a number of big surprises in development from players at many positions, we arn't even going to be in the B1G title game, let alone national.