Trayvon Martin and "Stand Your Ground" in FL

How often are expert witnesses not paid?

Not often. Show me who is paying the witness and I can give you a very good idea of their "expert opinion."

That cross-examination sounds like it would have been a fun one.

Oh..I completely agree. Otherwise, they wouldn't put them on the stand.

Oh..I completely agree. Otherwise, they wouldn't put them on the stand.

Yep.

his reasoning seemed a little thin. what he said is probably true, but that does not rule out any other possible reason why the bullet would travel through his shirt as it did.

A forensic expert testified Tuesday that Trayvon Martin's gunshot wound indicated that he was likely on top of George Zimmerman when the neighborhood watch volunteer shot him.

Forensic pathologist Dr. Vincent Di Maio, an expert on gunshot wounds who has written and co-authored several articles and a book on the subject, said the single shot that killed the Florida teen passed through Martin's clothing as it hung 2-4 inches from his skin, indicating that Martin was over Zimmerman and leaning forward.

"If you’re lying on your back, the clothing is going to be against your chest," Di Maio testified. "So the fact that we know the clothing was 2 to 4 inches away is consistent with someone leaning over the person doing the shooting."

Full Article

Holy @#$@. I just connected the dots . . . and realized that I know this guy . . . (more accurately, that I know his son.)

Small world.

WTF DOJ?!?!

DOJ helped facilitate anti-Zimmerman protests in Florida: FOIA docs

The legal watchdog Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained documents revealing the Community Relations Service (CRS), a unit of the Department of Justice, was deployed to Sanford, Fla., following the death of Trayvon Martin to help organize rallies against George Zimmerman.

According to the documents, from March 25 to March 27, CRS spent $674.14 upon being “deployed to Sanford, Fla., to work marches, demonstrations, and rallies related to the shooting and death of an African-American teen by a neighborhood watch captain.”

WTF DOJ?!?!

DOJ helped facilitate anti-Zimmerman protests in Florida: FOIA docs

The legal watchdog Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained documents revealing the Community Relations Service (CRS), a unit of the Department of Justice, was deployed to Sanford, Fla., following the death of Trayvon Martin to help organize rallies against George Zimmerman.

According to the documents, from March 25 to March 27, CRS spent $674.14 upon being “deployed to Sanford, Fla., to work marches, demonstrations, and rallies related to the shooting and death of an African-American teen by a neighborhood watch captain.”

Wow....honestly, I don't know what to say other than....wow.....I really hope this story is wrong.