OWH: Miles known for 'manic' enthusiasm

Mike Gessell has already signed his LOI to Iowa and there is no chance he would ask out, or no way in hell Iowa releases him from his scholly to NU of all places.

For the Creighton(the Boise State arguement for the most part) question, they did go to SDSU and beat them on their home floor and beat a very good Long Beach State team. I believe they could have finished in the middle of the pack in the B1G easily.

Good post PO. I agree with your thoughts. I think it would be realistic to look at a .500 or better result the next couple of years and have the 'hope' that young players will put us over the top and get us into the NCAA tourney in 3-4 years. One of the lesser tourneys in the next year or two would help set the stage for 'better things to come'.

I hope Miles can get the job done. I can't take any more of what we are putting on the floor. Coleman has a solid record and could be the recruiter we are looking for. But if we don't show Big improvement by year 4 it isn't happenIng IMO. And after watching CSU against Murray St. I don't think Miles is a great recruiter by any means. Coleman was only there for the 11 - 12 season. Love those Nebraska boys but they were playing out of their pay grade against Murray St. I'm just tired of hiring "experienced" coaches from mid majors and getting burned. Give me a assistant from Kentucky, UNC, Louisville, or Duke. If we can turn the football program over to a assistant coach why can't we bring in a assistant from one of those schools? We didn't hire Sonny Lubeck To coach football!

I hope Miles can get the job done. I can't take any more of what we are putting on the floor. Coleman has a solid record and could be the recruiter we are looking for. But if we don't show Big improvement by year 4 it isn't happenIng IMO. And after watching CSU against Murray St. I don't think Miles is a great recruiter by any means. Coleman was only there for the 11 - 12 season. Love those Nebraska boys but they were playing out of their pay grade against Murray St. I'm just tired of hiring "experienced" coaches from mid majors anDCd getting burned. Give me a assistant from Kentucky, UNC, Louisville, or Duke. If we can turn the football program over to a assistant coach why can't we bring in a assistant from one of those schools? We didn't hire Sonny Lubeck To coach football!

Chile plez. Bo was an assistant, DC whose team had the best defense in the country. A coach who had coached here and had been very popular. He stepped in as interim HC and won the bowl game and then got hosed by Peady and what's his name. Not the best analogy.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I hope Miles can get the job done. I can't take any more of what we are putting on the floor. Coleman has a solid record and could be the recruiter we are looking for. But if we don't show Big improvement by year 4 it isn't happenIng IMO. And after watching CSU against Murray St. I don't think Miles is a great recruiter by any means. Coleman was only there for the 11 - 12 season. Love those Nebraska boys but they were playing out of their pay grade against Murray St. I'm just tired of hiring "experienced" coaches from mid majors and getting burned. Give me a assistant from Kentucky, UNC, Louisville, or Duke. If we can turn the football program over to a assistant coach why can't we bring in a assistant from one of those schools? We didn't hire Sonny Lubeck To coach football!

Well if Miles doesn't get the job done, Nebraska can always hire Doug Woodard from Bellevue West. Hes a really good coach and not from a mid-major conference. :lol:

Good post PO. I agree with your thoughts. I think it would be realistic to look at a .500 or better result the next couple of years and have the 'hope' that young players will put us over the top and get us into the NCAA tourney in 3-4 years. One of the lesser tourneys in the next year or two would help set the stage for 'better things to come'.

I want Nebraska to become good because I want them to play UNC or Duke in the challenge one year. I would def. fork up some dough to see that game in Lincoln. Hey, one can dream, right?

I want Nebraska to become good because I want them to play UNC or Duke in the challenge one year. I would def. fork up some dough to see that game in Lincoln. Hey, one can dream, right?

And why not PB?

T_O_B

And why not PB?

T_O_B

Dream big or go home, right TO?

That being said, NU and CU, along with UNO all need to get together and make an effort to build the high school basketball in state. One high school just won't cut it with 3 D-1 basketball programs in the state.

They need to figure out an early season event involving the 3. The Nebraska Invitational Tournament, the NIT :D.

Everyone wants a recruiter, but what I dont understand is with that the case, why would anyone want an assistant from a Duke, UNC, or Kentucky. Seriously. Think about this. What does an assistant at a Kansas or a Duke, or UNC or Kentuckey know about recruiting. They dont have to recruit. All they have to do is answer the door and hand out LOI's. I dont know how I feel about this hire yet, and that would a been the case with anyone. Time will tell. On the surface however, I hope he's that diamond in the rough we're looking for. We have to face facts. We just were not going to get some name coach with tons of experience, we had to take chance on what's hopefully the next big thing. The unkown diamond in the rough waiting for that one big chance. Coach K, Boeheim, Calhoun, Calipari, were all 30 years old with no major experience once too. As far as a stepping stone job, who knows. If Miles does build this program into a steady competitor, who's to say his family doesnt become engrained enough into our culture that he would want to stay on a permanant basis.

You make me laugh Bull! Your a funny guy. The only diffence is that we would handing the guy a crap program and we gave Bo our baby. I'm sure if we would of hired a top assistant from one of these schools you would be on here clamoring for Miles.

At that point, football was pretty much a crap program. Just my opinion. The only it had over basketball was the willingness of the athletic department to make for damn sure it didnt sink any lower. My hope is that with all these new expenditures basketball will have that same backing.

And why not PB?

T_O_B

Dream big or go home, right TO?

That's why the Brass Ring is out there Bro. It's there for all of us to one degree or another. I grew up as a BB fan. I lived two blocks from my high school and started going to watch games when I was in 5th grade. I did not miss a home game for 13 years. The NBAwas what we watched while having Sunday dinner and eating off TV trays. So this is all why I hope, really want and pray to the high heavens that Nebraska becomes relavent in the world of college BB.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Phone rings......hello, this is a Kentucky Assistant Basketball Coach. Oh, you've spotted a potential 4-5 star recruit playing basketball.....I'd like to check him out. I'll get in my car and be there in about an hour...............Tell him a Kentucky coach is coming to watch him.......

Tough recruiting job...

Good stuff guys, but I'm wondering how you know Miles is such a great recruiter? I'm nut saying that any coach won't face challenges getting kids here but you guys write off the notion that a assistant coach from any of those schools can't recruit which is ludacris. Kentucky is still recruiting against UNC, Duke Syracuse, Kansas etc. Plus they have something that a lot of schools don't. ACCESS! They are going after bigtime players from high powered highschools all over the country. Maybe we don't land the big fish from these schools but we get a shot at 2, 3 and 4.