OWH: Miles known for 'manic' enthusiasm

The best thing I took out of the presser was when he said he wasn't going to get into who his staff will be. He was then asked about Ron Coleman. He asked the media, if they have ever met Coleman. His next line let the cat out of the bag and made me happy, "YOU"RE GONNA LOVE HIM". That right there cemented what had been speculated whether or not Coleman would follow him. That is awesome.

The emphasis that he stressed about having the students loud, and right on the court is also refreshing. Loved it when he said if an usher asks a student to sit down, he said the student should tell the usher that Tim Miles says I don't have to. Back in the Nee era and the BOB was bouncing every home game, the students occupied the whole lower bowl. I am glad the administration is looking into moving the student when the new arena opens and I hope they let Tim Miles have a strong input in that.

Finally he said he doesn't care what he has to do on offense to score. Fast, slow doesn't matter. His base offense is the motion. THat means guys moving around all over. No more Bo to Toney to Dylan around the three point line. Defensively Miles is a man guy. Always has been. However, he may have to look into running some zone next year, due to the team he inherits.

I have really warmed up to this hire. Just remember people. He is walking into a mess. It may not be pretty a lot of the time next year, but what Miles has proven at EVERY place he has been is it will get better and better. He was asked what similarities there are between all of these rebuilding jobs he has done. His answer(while joking, albeit true) was a terrible first season. This very well could be the case, I just hope the "uninspiring hire" crowd realize this would be the case no matter who was brought in here. Remember that next year instead of trying to look cool saying I told you so.

I was a Majeras supporter but that was never ever in the cards. I never thought we had a shot at Ben Hlland (leave UCLA for NEB, give me a break). Smart and Groce , they are looking to take a power to the promised land not start from the ground floor and build a perenial door mat into a winner. Tim Miles may have his detractors from the (look who we had to settle for) guys on HB but this guy is the real thing. Glad that Coleman is coming along but I'd love to have the rest of his CSU staff too. They are young, energentic and sounds like good recruiters. T.O. may have found us a BB program.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I hate conspiracy theories and rumors, but this is going too far. I live in Omaha among Creighton fans. The Creighton fans/boosters were too confident that we would hire a lousy coach. They say our current A.D., when he was working at Creighton, made a "gentlemen's agreement" not to hurt Creighton basketball. This hire really gives credence to those rumors. It is absolute b.s. to think Coach Miles is the best we could do. New facilities, big money, big stage, and a really long leash to build the program are all things that should attract a rational coach. The media selling the narrative that the job is toxic is just another example of them protecting the Athletic Department, so they get access during football season (fall, spring, and recruiting). Husker fans deserve better than what our media is giving us.

I hate conspiracy theories and rumors, but this is going too far. I live in Omaha among Creighton fans. The Creighton fans/boosters were too confident that we would hire a lousy coach. They say our current A.D., when he was working at Creighton, made a "gentlemen's agreement" not to hurt Creighton basketball. This hire really gives credence to those rumors. It is absolute b.s. to think Coach Miles is the best we could do. New facilities, big money, big stage, and a really long leash to build the program are all things that should attract a rational coach. The media selling the narrative that the job is toxic is just another example of them protecting the Athletic Department, so they get access during football season (fall, spring, and recruiting). Husker fans deserve better than what our media is giving us.

What a ridiculous statement...

• Fire 1

Wow...............T.O. is a NU lifer but he agrees "not to hurt Creighton basketball"..........??

Too bad we never actually landed on the moon, Lee Harvey actually had help from Woody Harrelson's dad, and Hitler is living in Bolivia with his pal Elvis........... :facepalm:

To PO: I think most people, me included, believe an agreement of that nature is absurd. But this hire is, at best, a long shot (his press conference skills, nothwithstanding). It doesn't make any sense. We do not have to take these types of risks because the job is not as bad the media says it is. We hired a new coach before the Final Four?! That's a huge disadvantage because we can't even know, for sure, which successful program assistants are available/interested. So, while the premise of a Creighton agreement is shaky, I don't have a good alternative explanation for this. The media is no help either.

+1. This is an aaammmazzzing post. I think Creighton fans have been slighted, the NU athletic department has been slighted and the media has been slighted. I do agree with you that coaches who didn't clamor for this job are irrational! I do deserve better!! I wan't cake and ice cream every day. wooohoo!!! chuckleshuffle

Just funnin' with ya Husker399. but I don't think you speak for Husker fans. Just sayin''

+1. This is an aaammmazzzing post. I think Creighton fans have been slighted, the NU athletic department has been slighted and the media has been slighted. I do agree with you that coaches who didn't clamor for this job are irrational! I do deserve better!! I wan't cake and ice cream every day. wooohoo!!! chuckleshuffle

Just funnin' with ya Husker399. but I don't think you speak for Husker fans. Just sayin''

Oh there is a gentleman's agreement alright. It involves Creighton, but it's way different than you heard. It's between T.O. and Harvey Perlman: That we're gonna build up our basketball team until we kick Creighton to the curb. And then we're gonna kick their ass every year for the foreseeable future.

Oh there is a gentleman's agreement alright. It involves Creighton, but it's way different than you heard. It's between T.O. and Harvey Perlman: That we're gonna build up our basketball team until we kick Creighton to the curb. And then we're gonna kick their ass every year for the foreseeable future.

:lol::thumbs:yeah