OWH: Miles known for 'manic' enthusiasm

That's what it takes TH, make your house, YOUR HOUSE! Can't tell you how much I want Coach Miles to suceed in Lincoln and then we start to give him a raise every year, more and more perks, raises for his assistants and make his position here so good that he will never want to leave. I would think that if they started a tradition that all head coaches their wives and the AD his top people and their wives and the assistants would get together for a social occasion say onec a month and it got to be like one big happy family then we retain coaches in all sports and Nebraska becomes a school that coaches would give up their nads to coach at.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I'm not saying that Nebraska can't turn out a good player every now and then. You list 3 big time players no doubt about that which is my my point. Your talking about 3 players from 3 states. Not saying he won't find a gem every now and them but he better not plan on making his bacon recruiting these areas. I hope Coleman is the recruiter you all seem 2 think he is but you can understand my skepticism when CSU has four Nebraska kids on their roster. Which to me is a bit of a warning sign. I watched them play a few times this year and against Murray St. And they didn't have the talent to play with them. I have done a lot of research the last couple of days and I'm just not that impressed.

I'm not saying we hire a unproven assistant from those schools. I was thinking Tommy Amaker from Harvard personally. If you look at a lot of the great coaches in college basketball right now they learned from legends. I would love to get someone a winner in here from a elite program and Amaker fit the bill IMO. You can bag on me all you want about how smart you are and how dumb I am. I'm just stating my opinion.

I'm not saying we hire a unproven assistant from those schools. I was thinking Tommy Amaker from Harvard personally. If you look at a lot of the great coaches in college basketball right now they learned from legends. I would love to get someone a winner in here from a elite program and Amaker fit the bill IMO. You can bag on me all you want about how smart you are and how dumb I am. I'm just stating my opinion.

yogurt the unwise, that is all

I think a case can be made against Amaker. He failed miserably at Michigan before he was at Harvard.

I hate conspiracy theories and rumors, but this is going too far. I live in Omaha among Creighton fans. The Creighton fans/boosters were too confident that we would hire a lousy coach. They say our current A.D., when he was working at Creighton, made a "gentlemen's agreement" not to hurt Creighton basketball. This hire really gives credence to those rumors. It is absolute b.s. to think Coach Miles is the best we could do. New facilities, big money, big stage, and a really long leash to build the program are all things that should attract a rational coach. The media selling the narrative that the job is toxic is just another example of them protecting the Athletic Department, so they get access during football season (fall, spring, and recruiting). Husker fans deserve better than what our media is giving us.

Could someone please clarify to me when the hell Osborne worked for Creighton?

Sorry guys! You were right all along. Miles is the best coach in the country. I should have never questioned this hire.

No, don't go away mad.... you stated your OPINION and many, including me stated ours.... I think there are many who probably agree with you. As I stated earlier, I understand where you are coming from. I just don't think this job is one where we could be real "picky" and Miles is infectious and I see how he won Dr. Tom over. I want to give him a fair chance, that's all

I'm not saying that Nebraska can't turn out a good player every now and then. You list 3 big time players no doubt about that which is my my point. Your talking about 3 players from 3 states. Not saying he won't find a gem every now and them but he better not plan on making his bacon recruiting these areas. I hope Coleman is the recruiter you all seem 2 think he is but you can understand my skepticism when CSU has four Nebraska kids on their roster. Which to me is a bit of a warning sign. I watched them play a few times this year and against Murray St. And they didn't have the talent to play with them. I have done a lot of research the last couple of days and I'm just not that impressed.

No I'm talking about 3 players from South Dakota. Now just think about this, a BB team can be built with 3 studs and 4 to 7 role players. I don't expect the studs to come from N and S Dakota but when you think of Omaha, Des Moines, the Quad cities area in eastern Iowa, and the twin cities in Minnesota you can't tell me we won't find a stud or two in those cities every year or two and three or four real good role players. You can then look for some more role players in the smaller cities in the rest of NE, IA, SD, ND and MN. Then you turn Coleman lose in the Chiago area and the rest of the assistants, who sound like good recruiters [provided they come with Coach Miles] to where ever you find a kid you like and then you have a very winning formula.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I know what your saying Bull but your talking about 3 studs over a 20 year span. Besides Strickland name the last NBA quality player to come out of Omaha? Central is doing some good things but we face the same problems the football team face with no tradition. I was just hoping we could hire a guy that who has been involved with one of the blue bloods of basketball.

I'm not sure if the kid from South Sioux City can be turned from the dark side (Iowa), but you never know. Watching him play in the state tournament I saw a lot of good in him. I don't think he's a program changer but he could be one of those 4 or 5 role players every team needs. Minnesota has the kid from Chadron who has become a decent big man. There was a kid from SD a few years ago who was down to us and Minn and he went to Minn. In short, our state needs some energy to get high school kids dreaming about playing for the U and putting in the time to make themselves better players.

I know what your saying Bull but your talking about 3 studs over a 20 year span. Besides Strickland name the last NBA quality player to come out of Omaha? Central is doing some good things but we face the same problems the football team face with no tradition. I was just hoping we could hire a guy that who has been involved with one of the blue bloods of basketball.

Not quite 20 years..

Piakowski took NE to the NCAA's in 1994 - 18 years ago.

Miller drafted into the NBA in 2000 - 12 years ago.

Larson started school in FL 2 years ago, and yes we don't know how he will turn out but Florida went to the Sweet 16 and has been a consistent power with Billy Donavon at the helm.

I don't see us getting any real studs out of the upper Mid-West but there are 3 from SD where the big sporting seasons involve fishing and pheasant hunting. Not only that but the idiots that run HS sports in this state have dictated that HS's play games within the borders of the state. Not exactly the best formula for playing against the best competition.

Players can be found and players can be coached up and at Nebraska we're not going to get many 1 and dones which gives Neb a chance to build a team with experience and maturity.

T_O_B

G>B>R