97 Nebraska vs 02 Ohio St poll on ESPN

The notion that Nebraska's defense wasn't very good in 1997 must come from the Missouri game... That defense had 4 All-Americans on it, (Wistrom, Peter, Mike Brown, Ralph Brown), and a few other guys who went on to play in the NFL (Mike Rucker, Eric Warfield, Jay Foreman).

That defense was very talented, and their scoring defense stat is lower from allowing a lot of garbage time TDs when the game was already in hand. Even with that, they still totaled two shutouts on the season and we all saw what they did to a Tennessee offense that had Peyton Manning, Jamal Lewis, and Peerless Price.

• Fire 1

The notion that Nebraska's defense wasn't very good in 1997 must come from the Missouri game... That defense had 4 All-Americans on it, (Wistrom, Peter, Mike Brown, Ralph Brown), and a few other guys who went on to play in the NFL (Mike Rucker, Eric Warfield, Jay Foreman).

That defense was very talented, and their scoring defense stat is lower from allowing a lot of garbage time TDs when the game was already in hand. Even with that, they still totaled two shutouts on the season and we all saw what they did to a Tennessee offense that had Peyton Manning, Jamal Lewis, and Peerless Price.

Some outsiders might called this talk jaded, or drinking the kool-aid, but I don't think you could put this any better. The defense was no push over, and it's pretty easy to give up points when you're leading by 3+ touchdowns at half-time and it's time to bring the backs ups in. Looking at the box score of some of those games makes you go oogly-eyed, seeing some of the scores Nebraska had by half time.

Nebraska wins this game by two touchdowns imho.

Some outsiders might called this talk jaded, or drinking the kool-aid, but I don't think you could put this any better. The defense was no push over, and it's pretty easy to give up points when you're leading by 3+ touchdowns at half-time and it's time to bring the backs ups in. Looking at the box score of some of those games makes you go oogly-eyed, seeing some of the scores Nebraska had by half time.

exactly my thoughts... I just didn't like how they didn't even mention the D

I remember when all the experts were predicting the 'greatest of all time' Miami team to win by more than that.

Are these the same experts who were saying the 'greatest team of all-time' USC could beat any team from any era and then lost to Texas?

OSU had destiny on its side that year. They were a good team but by no means a dominating team. They were very lucky to get by Cincy, Purdue and Illinois (hardly great opponents) with Ws. They played a great game against Miami and caught a break at the end.

I remember when all the experts were predicting the 'greatest of all time' Miami team to win by more than that.

Preaching to the choir, bro. Nebraska is the poster child for disrespect among the "experts." You shall receive no sympathy here.

Besides, I know for a fact I'm wiser than half the people on ESPN. :)

Preaching to the choir, bro. Nebraska is the poster child for disrespect among the "experts." You shall receive no sympathy here.

The same experts who proclaim the '95 Huskers the greatest of all time?

I can see I wasted the irony pic in the wrong thread.