Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Really sad. Are we that attention hungry? Are we that dude in class who has to try to be like everyone else, trying to stick out to get attention? Mommy not give us enough attention so we need something to say... he look at us! f'ing disgrace!

Our boys have played for 50 years without needed a new uni. If the kids we have today want new unis, feel free to transfer.

Our 6 seats will be empty for this game, i cant support stupid sh#t like this.

I will take your tickets!!!! lol what a whiner giving up your seats for that. what a shame. I am all for this and love the uni. oh and yeah its for one game and i hope they do this every year for one game i think it would be fun seeing all the differnt types they would come out with. I dont want to become like OR and do it every game that is over kill in my opinion. gotta keep up with the times anyways so why not start now. GBR!!!!!!

Just talked to another player about the jerseys. He's in favor of them, thinks they're cool, and confirms that it'll help with recruits. Odd as it seems to me, the kids coming out of high school these days actually care about such things.

It's a marketing tool. Tradition is fine, and wearing an alternate uniform once a year is not going to destroy that. I think our traditions are far stronger than people give them credit for.

• Fire 5

Just talked to another player about the jerseys. He's in favor of them, thinks they're cool, and confirms that it'll help with recruits. Odd as it seems to me, the kids coming out of high school these days actually care about such things.

It's a marketing tool. Tradition is fine, and wearing an alternate uniform once a year is not going to destroy that. I think our traditions are far stronger than people give them credit for.

+1 to that buddy. once a year change will not destroy our traditions

I have a few things to say to the people of this thread.

1. I am sorry I ever created it. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm dead serious. I know someone else would have soon after, but I regret providing an avenue for some of the disgraceful, piss-poor attitudes and responses that I've seen since the uniforms leaked.

2. Seriously, shame on you guys (the ones pissing and moaning). You know what the University of Nebraska is really about? Well I'll give you one answer as to what it's NOT about;

YOU.

Get over yourselves. You have no rights to be a Husker, unless you donate to the University, in which case congratulations, you bought your way in. You didn't deserve it, you just have cash. It is entirely a privilege that you are able to associate yourself with a program that you "love", and you should start treating it as such rather than a right you were naturally born with.

3. As far as what, or rather who, the University of Nebraska is for, the answer is the students. Not just the student-athletes. Universites exist to serve students; insane right? University athletic programs exist to serve student-athletes, and these alternate jerseys are a gift to our student-athletes for sacrificing more and working harder than you ever will in your life to honor and respect the TRADITION of the school. Which one of you said Adidas should have made a poll for the fans to vote and then keep the results a secret, that way and I think I quote "they would make at least some people happy". Congratulations on being completely blinded by false-importance and thinking that this has anything to do with you or I as fans.

4. Do you even know what the word tradition means? One definition of it is "a long established or inherited way of thinking or acting". You guys just throw this around as your new buzz word without any real idea what the heart behind the word is. Tradition isn't found in varsity style lettering or the exact same hue of red or socks that are 3.75" high up the ankle or red facemasks or anything else like that; tradition is found in the heart, culture, intent and character that lies behind the details which change as time changes. You know what I think the real tradition of Nebraska football is? Serving our student-athletes rightly and graciously. For goodness sake, we had old uniforms with freaking BLUE in the color scheme! Let's do that for tradition's sake eh? And just as a point of detail, we have had black in our uniforms across multiple sports and across multiple decades - get over it or get walking or keep sitting at your computer screen crying.

5. Forge; good riddance to you. I'm sure Bo, Tom and the rest of the staff and players applaud your decision not to attend and support, because they do not want supports like you. They want supporters that consider it a privilege and joy to watch and cheer and have some damned perspective, not demanding and expecting their own personal unrealistic desires but applauding and respecting the team's desire and effort to give everything they have in the pursuit of greatness and in service to you as a fan. How much has the University of Nebraska football team given you to be thankful for? The least you could do is show some appreciation for those 20+ years of greatness you got to witness with those family tickets, and if you don't want to then none of us want you there anyways. Seriously. Don't go.

....well that was cute.

[to me] it's not that we're wearing alternates, it's the way the alternates look. but yeah.... its not THAT big of a deal. i'm over it.... it sucks looking like osu or tech, but it is what it is at this point. i've said my peace.... let's just take care of business in those ugly alternates!

[to me] it's not that we're wearing alternates, it's the way the alternates look. but yeah.... its not THAT big of a deal. i'm over it.... it sucks looking like osu or tech, but it is what it is at this point. i've said my peace.... let's just take care of business in those ugly alternates!

Here's my take on your reaction yesterday - if our traditions weren't a big deal, if they weren't special, you wouldn't have gotten upset like you did. The fact that you did means they're very important to you. You are concerned enough to be upset over a uniform change.

I don't think they had a lot of protest when Oregon or Maryland changed their uniforms. Around here - big reaction. There's a reason for both.

• Fire 1

I miss the days when college football teams actually wore uniforms with their school colors. I'm sick of seeing every team adding black into their scheme when it's not part of their original color scheme. I'm glad this is for just one game because the uniform flat out sucks and I'll be glad when black goes back to being in name-only for the defense.

It will be cool to see wisconsins jersey's for the game. I bet they will be a mirror image of ours, except they will use white on white, with a red helmet.

If so I will be incredibly disappointed. About as unhappy as one can get over a fashion change in an article of clothing I'll never be wearing anyhow. No offense to you all but big letter in the center? Do not want.

It will be cool to see wisconsins jersey's for the game. I bet they will be a mirror image of ours, except they will use white on white, with a red helmet.

If so I will be incredibly disappointed. About as unhappy as one can get over a fashion change in an article of clothing I'll never be wearing anyhow. No offense to you all but big letter in the center? Do not want.

I think all in all its fair to say they will be using white on white. It would be hard to believe they would do a white helmet also so that's why I'm thinking it will be red. But as far as the big letter I'm not a big fan either, but considering it's part of Adidas promotional game for "the quick and the red" and whatever else dumbass name they called it, i think its inevitable to think they won't mimic the Nebraska jersey's. Get ready for a big ol' red W.

I think all in all its fair to say they will be using white on white. It would be hard to believe they would do a white helmet also so that's why I'm thinking it will be red. But as far as the big letter I'm not a big fan either, but considering it's part of Adidas promotional game for "the quick and the red" and whatever else dumbass name they called it, i think its inevitable to think they won't mimic the Nebraska jersey's. Get ready for a big ol' red W.

Yea I think you may be right but eff that. Screw you Adidas. Hopefully they just give us all whites with our speed racer helmet. I'd be down for that.