Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

People are talking about pride in a program, and then in the same breath talking about not attending a game for the sole fact that they don't like the uniforms. I would say that we don't need fans that base their attendance to games based upon whether we agree with the decisions that the administration makes regarding a uniform. Support for the program and the kids, the sellout streak--those are the items that continue our tradition. Alternate uniforms for one game does not break tradition. The waiting list of people for season tickets would be glad to take them off our "supporters" hands. The people complaining about these uniforms are the same ones that sit on their hands at the games and glare at me for cheering on our team.

this is just a rough paint job... but what do you guys think of this?

huskeralts12.jpg

this is what im sayin... take out the black piping and you have a classic. red facemask also.

Right, and also change the red pants to white pants with red stripes, and throw in some long red socks.

People are talking about pride in a program, and then in the same breath talking about not attending a game for the sole fact that they don't like the uniforms. I would say that we don't need fans that base their attendance to games based upon whether we agree with the decisions that the administration makes regarding a uniform. Support for the program and the kids, the sellout streak--those are the items that continue our tradition. Alternate uniforms for one game does not break tradition. The waiting list of people for season tickets would be glad to take them off our "supporters" hands. The people complaining about these uniforms are the same ones that sit on their hands at the games and glare at me for cheering on our team.

ampffo.jpg

tickets wont be sold, point is to leave the seats empty. I know no one cares, but i just wont support it.

If, like me, you arent happy; email TOsborne@Huskers.com and voice your opinion.

If wearing an alternate uniform for 1 game makes you not want to support the team anymore, I don't know what to tell you. Go root for the Hawkeyes imo.

So should we resurrect the "Sellout Streak" thread?

It was resurrected last week.

My favorite part of the jerseys is the back. Having everyone running around with "HUSKERS" on their backs will look sweet and be amazing.

For those people complaining, get over it. The players love them, and I have no doubt it will draw a few extra eyes to the TV set to watch our game and get a glimpse of these jerseys. Welcome to the 21st century everyone!!

its not even a streak of "the same uniform". all the other uniforms we've ever worn look like nebraska football.... these new uni's just arent nebraska football. almost entirely due to the black secondary color. if you're gonna incorporate black, make it the main color. i could respect that. these new ones however, could get lost in the identity of other teams pretty easy. there is such a fine line with the uniforms and i feel it has been crossed.

is it one game? yes. but its a time where we should take advantage of bringing something new and refreshing to the table, something we would be comfortable wearing for a hundred years if we weren't already all in for our traditional look. gives me that "ehhhhhh, what are you doing?" feeling. messing around with the identity of husker football has proven to not work. i feel that throwing black in as an accent color is really poking around with the identity. i cant help the way i feel. take the black out and you have a winner. add black as the main color and you have a winner.

so either all black or no black? all black is more akin to husker tradition? you keep talking about this tradition garbage, but you seem to be the only one who knows what fits the bounds of our tradition and what spits in its face.

its not even a streak of "the same uniform". all the other uniforms we've ever worn look like nebraska football.... these new uni's just arent nebraska football. almost entirely due to the black secondary color. if you're gonna incorporate black, make it the main color. i could respect that. these new ones however, could get lost in the identity of other teams pretty easy. there is such a fine line with the uniforms and i feel it has been crossed.

is it one game? yes. but its a time where we should take advantage of bringing something new and refreshing to the table, something we would be comfortable wearing for a hundred years if we weren't already all in for our traditional look. gives me that "ehhhhhh, what are you doing?" feeling. messing around with the identity of husker football has proven to not work. i feel that throwing black in as an accent color is really poking around with the identity. i cant help the way i feel. take the black out and you have a winner. add black as the main color and you have a winner.

so either all black or no black? all black is more akin to husker tradition? you keep talking about this tradition garbage, but you seem to be the only one who knows what fits the bounds of our tradition and what spits in its face.

mostly black or no black. and look at the timeline.... no black. thats all im sayin. i can respect mostly/all black.... are you mad at my opinion?

Mod Edit - don't post pics like that in the regular forums. Post it in the woodshed. - knapplc

mostly black or no black. and look at the timeline.... no black. thats all im sayin. i can respect mostly/all black.... are you mad at my opinion?

mostly just confused.