Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

With the cat fully out of the bag, Adidas releases official pics:

Ay0prENCcAAWzmB.jpg

1235644960_50_cent_does_not_approve.gif

absolutely not. i would approve of these if they used white instead of black... mainly red with black as an accent just doesnt work at all. we are not texas tech. our colors are scarlet and cream. and then black. not scarlet, cream and black. look at the uniform timeline.... we are getting f---ed like a prom date here folks. this is not our identity. its a blemish on the timeline. go look if you don't believe me.

everyone is saying they used michigans as a template.... if thats what they were going to do, follow suit and use our main colors. red uni's, white "N" on the chest and white stripes.

since they incorporated black... i still maintain my argument for murdered out and matte helmets.

i can't tell if this pukey feeling is the hangover or these atrocious, lazily thrown together alternates.

it honestly looks like adidas hired some of the "graphic designers" in this thread.... and i mean that in the worst way possible. now i know why i was getting so irritated as horrible photoshop attempt after another started showing up in here.

i still back these...

15zpk4i.jpg

Support the ideals of our team.

They wanted a new look.

Adidas delivered a new look.

The team likes it and is excited about wearing them.

The blue hairs can complain if they want, but the program is progressing along with the majority of the teams in the country (albiet slowly).

Keep in mind that this is a one time deal and depending on how that particular Saturday turns out, we may do it again / more often.

My stance is that if the players are happy, I'm happy.

I would have liked black pants though. The helmet looks sharp. I'm glad they stuck to the dual stripes on the sleeves / pants. The 'N' on the chest is a little similar to Michigan, but I'm glad they did it. It's the standard, old school 'N' with a new school twist by being black with white trim. A solid compromise if you ask me. The socks look a little funky, but I'm excited to see how they look in action under the lights of Memorial.

Just another reason to get excited for football season.

Just over 1 MONTH left!

GBR!

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function."

-Hunter S. Thompson

horrible cop out.... they shat on our uniform timeline and tradition. and we're supposed to throw that all out the window because its cool with young kids? FOH

tickets wont be sold, point is to leave the seats empty. I know no one cares, but i just wont support it.

If, like me, you arent happy; email TOsborne@Huskers.com and voice your opinion.

As much as i hate the new unis, i would never refuse to attend a game just because of it.

I'd be hard pressed to come up with something the University "might do" that would be worthy of a boycott..........

• Fire 1

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function."

-Hunter S. Thompson

horrible cop out.... they shat on our uniform timeline and tradition. and we're supposed to throw that all out the window because its cool with young kids? FOH

I'm cool with you not being cool with it. Hell, I even compared it to the Canadian Football League (but that's when I thought they were slightly purple). That quote just popped into my head while reading some of these over the top comments.

and i question how cool "the young kids" and the rest of you actually think these are.... i honestly think everyones got chubbs because they are new and a change. we'll see how you like them years down the road.

guy, it is one game.

so what? they still mess up our whole entire timeline. i would compare it to not selling out a single game.... its just one game.

• Fire 1

Really sad. Are we that attention hungry? Are we that dude in class who has to try to be like everyone else, trying to stick out to get attention? Mommy not give us enough attention so we need something to say... he look at us! f'ing disgrace!

Our boys have played for 50 years without needed a new uni. If the kids we have today want new unis, feel free to transfer.

Our 6 seats will be empty for this game, i cant support stupid sh#t like this.

ill take your tickets. interested?

and i question how cool "the young kids" and the rest of you actually think these are.... i honestly think everyones got chubbs because they are new and a change. we'll see how you like them years down the road.

guy, it is one game.

so what? they still mess up our whole entire timeline. i would compare it to not selling out a single game.... its just one game.

maybe, but what about a multiverse theory?

are you saying we are ruining a streak of wearing the same uniform and we will rue that day in history for the rest of time?

• Fire 1

What is this uniform timeline business? You do know we wore throwbacks a couple years ago, and before that we had those terrible abominations from the early 2000's. It's not unheard of for major programs with rich tradition to change things up every now and then.

• Fire 1